PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How worried are you about not having Mankins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard to do that when I post that the walls in my office are white, and get a response asking me how I can possibly argue that purple is a better color than yellow.

White is a good color at home. Purple (vikings) is better than yellow (steelers) but the best color is blue with silver and red trim.

I think both you and KontradictioN can agree on that!

Andy's still right about the median. 16.5 is NOT a shade below the average ranking of 32 objects. It IS the midpoint. Kontra, look at it this way...
The 16th ranked defense is the last of the top 16 occupying the top half.
The 17th ranked defense is the first of the lower 16 in the bottom half.
What's the average of the whole league? 16.5

16.5 means there's 16 teams above it, and 16 teams below it.

If you pick 16th ranked team , there's only 15 better, but an entire 16 worse.
Hence, not the median.

Now, if there were THIRTY ONE teams, THEN 16 would be the midpoint average. 15 above and 15 below.

Take it in a nice tasty cake. Cut a cake into 32 slices. Split it in half. You're saying the 16th slice is to be cut down the middle. Nope. You put yer little plastic party knife between the 16th and 17th slices and separate them. In essence, cutting the phantom non-existent 16th and a 1/2 slice.

(Kontra, you didn't do yourself any favors posting a wwe wrestler's pic over on another thread. Kinda makes your mathematics aptitude suspect. j.k.)

With the new news on Kazcur, I'm quite worried now.

Mankins is not worth worrying about because he chewed out Kraft and is therefore long gone as a Patriot.

Kaczur on the other hand is a big worry.

I think our OL and consequently our running game, and quite possibly Brady's health, is once again in trouble.

The problem is that everybody besides Vollmer is already in some state of decline off their 2007 form...and now we don't have a clearcut left guard.

Mankins is not worth worrying about because he chewed out Kraft and is therefore long gone as a Patriot.

He insulted Kraft's integrity, virtually calling him a liar. If Mankins is all about principle as people keep reporting, he must have known the effect his words would have. Clearly, he wants out. The Giants need a guard. Maybe BB can work a trade with his old pal Tom. They have a pass rusher or two don't they?

Andy's still right about the median. 16.5 is NOT a shade below the average ranking of 32 objects. It IS the midpoint. Kontra, look at it this way...

Hence, not the median.

Now, if there were THIRTY ONE teams, THEN 16 would be the midpoint average. 15 above and 15 below.

Take it in a nice tasty cake. Cut a cake into 32 slices. Split it in half. You're saying the 16th slice is to be cut down the middle. Nope. You put yer little plastic party knife between the 16th and 17th slices and separate them. In essence, cutting the phantom non-existent 16th and a 1/2 slice.

(Kontra, you didn't do yourself any favors posting a wwe wrestler's pic over on another thread. Kinda makes your mathematics aptitude suspect. j.k.)

It's official: Kontra has a stalker.

Hence, not the median.

Another way to think of it is if all values are equidistant (as in team rankings from 1 - 32), you can get the median by adding the top and bottom and dividing by 2 (which in this case is (1 + 32 ) / 2 = 16.5 ).

He insulted Kraft's integrity, virtually calling him a liar. If Mankins is all about principle as people keep reporting, he must have known the effect his words would have. Clearly, he wants out. The Giants need a guard. Maybe BB can work a trade with his old pal Tom. They have a pass rusher or two don't they?

This is silly

They can't trade him because he is not under contract.

Clearly, he wants money. As does Tom Brady and every other NFL player.

The pats need him, badly

This is silly

Clearly, he wants money. As does Tom Brady and every other NFL player.

The pats need him, badly

well, if he doesnt sign on the dotted line, he wont make ANY money this year. Also, they needed him badly in the 07 SB too. I, for one, would rank that up there as one of his worst games ever. People are so worried that TFB will get killed without Mankins this year. Guess what? he got killed in that SB, and Mankins was one of the reasons.

This is silly

Yes they can. The receiving team would then hold his rights and he could either sign the tender with them, work out a new deal with them, or continue to sit out.

Most teams would not agree to such a trade unless they could work out a deal with him in advance, but the Patriots most certainly can trade their rights to him.

Yes they can. The receiving team would then hold his rights and he could either sign the tender with them, work out a new deal with them, or continue to sit out.

Most teams would not agree to such a trade unless they could work out a deal with him in advance, but the Patriots most certainly can trade their rights to him.

Link?

How worried are you about not having Mankins? No much, For eight million a year he can rot in California.

I'm sure the Pats would love to have Mankins playing LG but if they don't I'm sure they'll manage fine without him. You can win with less than a stud at G in the NFL, many teams have done so including the Pats. The Pats have won SB's with Compton, Andruzzi and Woody playing G, all solid players but none on Mankins level. The Pats have also won with Ashworth and Robinson-Randall playing RT so Dante has proven his worth as an OL coach who maximizes a player's talents.

I'd be willing to start Pee Wee Herman at guard for a game if that was a requirement to get Schobel signed.

well, if he doesnt sign on the dotted line, he wont make ANY money this year. Also, they needed him badly in the 07 SB too. I, for one, would rank that up there as one of his worst games ever. People are so worried that TFB will get killed without Mankins this year. Guess what? he got killed in that SB, and Mankins was one of the reasons.

He wants to get paid for the past. Perhaps Belichick sees a downward trend in his mobility for the next few years. I mean really ... if he had $8 million a year value there would be ongoing discussions.

Good observation.

Mankins is done. No one has ever publicly and personally attacked the Kraft family and played another game as a Patriot. Either he leaves at years end as a F/A and the Pats get a 3rd round comp pick for him, or they trade him earlier for a second round pick.

Perhaps Brady will ask the boss how he can be expected to win with Connolly as his protector aolong with Koppen and Light.

Mankins is done. No one has ever publicly and personally attacked the Kraft family and played another game as a Patriot. Either he leaves at years end as a F/A and the Pats get a 3rd round comp pick for him, or they trade him earlier for a second round pick.

Last edited:
Perhaps Brady will ask the boss how he can be expected to win with Connolly as his protector aolong with Koppen and Light.

I have even greater concerns about depth. I actually think that Connelly could be a Russ Hochstein like stop gap at Guard, but with Mankins and Kaczur both gone, any injuries from here on in and its "Katie bar the door".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick