PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many stations will we need to purchase to watch football?

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I got up this morning to watch the Jags game & I find out to watch, I have to pay for ESPN+

I already have ESPN & ESPN2

So now we have games on Amazon & ESPN+ that require a subscription to a pay channel

Isn’t Hulu, Paramont planning on doing this too?

How many different stations are we going to need to purchase in the future to watch football?

Last edited:
I doubt there will ever be another night of football except of a rare Saturday night game. And I doubt that will change for at least another five years of so since all the new broadcast packages kick in next year. So for the foreseeable there will be no more streaming services getting football other than the Sunday Ticket.

The NFL is playing a dangerous game. I stopped being a fan of the nba once they made the jump to cable tv. I don't think it is a coincidence that the nfl's popularity jumped once they had ota to themselves.

station.gif

I got up this morning to watch the Jags game & I find out to watch, I have to pay for ESPN+

So now we have games on Amazon & ESPN+ that require a subscription to a pay channel

How many different stations are we going to need to purchase in the future to watch football?
NFL overexposed already. Just another way to increase fan indifference.

As many streaming services as the NFL can convince into paying them buckets of money... Ain't worth the cost because the product isn't that good...

We've reached the point where paying for ala carte streaming isn't cost effective unless you pay for the lowest, ad supported, tiers... And if you gotta watch ads, what's the point?

Better off just missing those games

www.streameast.xyz

I use it to watch UFC fights but they stream every game in every league on there.

As many streaming services as the NFL can convince into paying them buckets of money... Ain't worth the cost because the product isn't that good...

We've reached the point where paying for ala carte streaming isn't cost effective unless you pay for the lowest, ad supported, tiers... And if you gotta watch ads, what's the point?

Better off just missing those games

I think the games have sucked on Amazon and I know people have suffered from the spinning wheel of death at times in these games, but I will tell you that the picture is a thousand times better than cable. You get to watch the game in 4K which cable still doesn't broadcast in. I will be cord cutting next year and I will never watch a game on cable ever again starting in the 2023 season. Since I am going to move out of state, I will be watching Patriots games on what ever streaming service has Sunday Ticket which will likely be broadcasted in 4K. But even non-4k broadcasts look better on streaming than cable.

I think the games have sucked on Amazon and I know people have suffered from the spinning wheel of death at times in these games, but I will tell you that the picture is a thousand times better than cable. You get to watch the game in 4K which cable still doesn't broadcast in. I will be cord cutting next year and I will never watch a game on cable ever again starting in the 2023 season. Since I am going to move out of state, I will be watching Patriots games on what ever streaming service has Sunday Ticket which will likely be broadcasted in 4K. But even non-4k broadcasts look better on streaming than cable.
Maybe this is sacrilege but I don't care about 4k... I don't feel the need to be able to see the individual layers of pancake makeup on Ian eagles face between plays...

If cutting the cord makes you happy, then please do so... I like just turning on the TV and watching the games, the rest is fluff I don't care about...

And I agree, most of these ancillary games like the Thursday night games have been pretty poor... Don't think I will be missing out if I don't watch them... Unless the Pats are playing, the other games usually end up being background noise at this point ..

The NFL is so f***ing GREEDY. How much money do they need??
Congress should take away the NFL's anti trust exemption

Cost be damned I just want someone to bundle all this crap together so I can access it easier.

Cost be damned I just want someone to bundle all this crap together so I can access it easier.
That's one reason why the NFL gets paid so much money from the streaming services: it forces you to install that service's app, get a login, etc. The way most marketing department think, their products are all so great that means you'll keep using them.

It's honestly probably cheaper to get ESPN+, Amazon Prime, and a basic package with CBS/FOX/NBC than it is to get an elaborate cable package with all the channels and ESPN.

Fumbling

Bumbling

Stumbling

Um. Why not run and burn clock. This team makes no sense

Its not just the NFL its happening in other sports and general entertainment. Media companies are just squeezing the public more and more.

I thought NFL+ would be the savior.

But not unless you like watching it on a tiny mobile screen.

*sighs*

I thought NFL+ would be the savior.

But not unless you like watching it on a tiny mobile screen.

*sighs*
Was thinking about getting NFL+ and using an HDMI adapter from the tablet/phone.

Yeah. Stopped the BSPN cable subscription years ago. Just don't watch those games. Unless the Pats are playing. Then we go out or to a friend's house. We got the Prime for movies and series so TNF is in play but not tuning in to the NFL games too often.
Baseball is worse with TBS, BSPN, FS1 etc for the playoffs. Ugh

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back