PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How happy were you on this night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats were going to the big game so I was happy, of course, but not feeling as great as others report they were.
I party like it's a SB win only after a SB win. That's my rule.

But even after a SB win I'm probably not the guy to hang himself from a tree by some celebratory accident. I don't tend to scream, fight and puke. I didn't attend rallies even when I lived up there either. Too much traffic, too many opportunistic politicians, too many teeny boppers running around with their faces painted, falling in love forever with Tom Brady. What is this, The Beatles at Shea?

And what do you hope to accomplish at a rally? What's the ultimate goal? To shake hands and get to talk to them? No. You get to see them ride by in vehicles. Are you kidding me? Watch them ride by? If I don't get at least a five minute sit down with one of them then you can kiss my tanned ass.

Other than that I enjoyed the Ravens game some.

A virtual game winning TD from Joe Flacco in Foxboro is not acceptable to me except that "I'll take it".

I cannot ever like winning on a blown FG. I'll take it but I still feel like something wasn't right if it was needed.

I understand the virtual TD. But why do you mention the missed FG in the same fashion as all the Ravens trolls dumping here after the game?

The FG only would have forced OT and not a win.

I understand the virtual TD. But why do you mention the missed FG in the same fashion as all the Ravens trolls dumping here after the game?

The FG only would have forced OT and not a win.
Really it's just my own personal thing. I fully accept game winning kicks, or even blocked kicks, but I have a hard time accepting blown kicks. In reality I know it's just my personal feeling about it because a blown kick is part of the game of football. I just don't like to see my team win that way.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if they had beaten the Giants. I was not happy that they couldn't close the Ravens with that lead, like hold the ball on offense, etc. That would have been telling me "Champion". Ironically, they did the same thing with the Giants. Couldn't close, couldn't hold the lead. Very telling that a team cannot close in two straight games like that.

So in the end I thought I must be onto something. Winning by a blown kick is just not indicative of a well closed game. In a way it's the opposite. It's part of the game, I get that, and I certainly WANTED the guy to blow the kick despite myself. Win first, worry about the implications later. That's what I did. It's still later. I'm just looking back a bit. It was not a game ending I would cherish like some we've seen before around NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye