Welcome to PatsFans.com

How happy were you on this night?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Brady_to_Moss, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +214 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

2. Joey007

Joey007 Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

#91 Jersey

Look out, LOOK OUT!!
  3. deters

deters Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 12 / -0

I ran down my street screaming and hollering SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(
  4. sly24

sly24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't know why but I felt like I was in 2001 during that moment.
  5. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +214 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

I was lucky to have been at that game..that was my happiest moment in that stadium. And i have been to the chargers afc champ game..colts ect
  6. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Truthfully I didn't feel like that was a good way to win. Obviously happy with the win but unable to feel good about the way it happened or their ability to close cleanly.

I was happy and not happy with Moore's play. Obviously happy and impressed at the opportunism, but troubled under the covers that a desperation slap at the ball was even needed. A virtual game winning TD from Joe Flacco in Foxboro is not acceptable to me except that "I'll take it".

I cannot ever like winning on a blown FG. I'll take it but I still feel like something wasn't right if it was needed.

I felt that this inability to close was a justified perception once they failed to close the Giants. Same problem in both games, but it was never what I thought a SB winner should look like. I thought they were "up and coming" with a new defense and up and coming offense but I never felt too confident that last year's team was at the level the past teams were at.

This year I expect it to be different. This team has developed.
  7. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +214 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

It's football...**** happens. Not every win can be by 20 pts. It takes some luck in the playoffs.

I still find it hard that you as a pats fans..wouldn't put that stuff aside and enjoy a win...
  8. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, this was my sixth AFCCG win and it impressed me less than the other five. The Ravens beat themselves. The Pats failed to close with the ball and the lead. Luck is valid but cannot make up for glaring problems like that every time.

If a shanked kick has to win it, then so be it but why pretend it ranks up there with beating the Steelers at Hines or the Colts at Gillette? Those games indicated a team of destiny. I didn't see destiny against the Ravens. I saw our best weapon go lame, and the team lose its ability to close in its biggest game of the year. Maybe the latter was due to the former. Good point, but it still did not point to a year of destiny. I know the team tried to create that with Myra, etc., but the feeling was not really there against the Ravens who many people said outplayed the Pats.

But I recognize that they did many things well in that game like Vince crushing that OL like tin foil, and some plays were made on both sides of the ball. I just thought it was too little too late, they had overachieved, they were arriving at the dance maybe a year too early. Was I not right?
  9. 1960Pats

1960Pats Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 5 / -13

#75 Jersey

I'll take a win any way I can get it. If they win then all is forgiven. I think most fans would feel the same way.

What bothers me most is how they lose. It still gets under my skin the stupid way they went after the Giants defense in both games last year, ignoring the weakest part of their defense while playing into it's strength.

I expect, or hope at least, that the Pats will be different this year and run the ball more. If they do that they'll be unstoppable on offense.
  10. 1960Pats

1960Pats Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 5 / -13

#75 Jersey

They belonged at the dance, they just didn't leave with the cutest girl. I was hoping they'd end up with Miss Lombardi instead of Miss Hunt.
  11. Haley

Haley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It wasn't the best way to win, but this image is forever engrained on my brain:

[​IMG]
  12. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Like this?
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  13. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +420 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

At the game we were all jumping up and down in a big group hug. :rocker:
  14. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -1

Truth to tell?

The Pats were going to the big game so I was happy, of course, but not feeling as great as others report they were.

Yes, a win is a win. But I felt that the Ravens were a good but not great team without a big game QB that had still taken us to the last play at home and that our other playoff W was against a team with a side show QB. I worried that we'd gotten here without having to beat a Roethlisberger or P. Manning or even a Rivers and that there was a guy lurking in the night game who somehow manages to win in January and February.

It didn't feel anything like the 03 or 04 seasons when they had the Championship games well in hand with one even kind of a blowout. My first words after the missed kick were, "Please don't let it be the Giants again."
  15. vyrago

vyrago Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

16. PatsFanSince74

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -1

Yeah. Thanks for pointing that out.

:rolleyes:
  17. pdangle

pdangle Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My neighbors and Gf thought I insane that day. In retrospect I see why. Pretty much the entire range of all human emotion were frantically in full audio and kinetic display leading up to and through that missed kick. For some reason that last quarter put me through the wringer like none other.
  18. PatsFanSince74

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -1

when did you start following the pats? that's how many of us felt in 2001.
  19. Salva135

Salva135 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was ecstatic at the moment, but more due to the game itself and the joy of finally beating a tough opponent that season. The fact that we were in the Super Bowl didn't really set in at first for me, but even when it finally did, it wasn't a tremendous joy or anything. More just the feeling, "ok, we somehow got here without really expecting it, let's finish this damn thing."

I get passionate about each and every Pats game, but I think the last several years of postseason failures have sucked the life out of me, especially 2010. It's more of a workmanlike mentality if we get to the tournament now. Win it or it's another blown opportunity. I don't think I'll feel much differently for the rest of the Brady era.
  20. 102 Pat

102 Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +21 / 3 / -2

#85 Jersey

I remember freaking out with my wife on the couch. Still can't believe he missed that kick.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.