PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How good do you think Jimmy G will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be like Tom Brady on steroids. His touch passes down the field are deadly, like Peyton Manning plus he has the accuracy of Tom and the release of Dan Marino. No way you let this guy go.
Is this a joke?

Andy Dalton at best.

I'd trade him for any pick in the first round, won't be a popular opinion but i'm just not sold on a guy who can't play 2 full games at the QB position without getting hurt.

I'd probably trade him for 2 x 2nd rounders also.

Andy Dalton at best.

I'd trade him for any pick in the first round, won't be a popular opinion but i'm just not sold on a guy who can't play 2 full games at the QB position without getting hurt.

I'd probably trade him for 2 x 2nd rounders also.

He can get stronger. Add some muscle. I wouldn't give him up just like that without multiple picks.

Garapollo is easily a guy who could have an 8-12 year career as a starter... I could see him consistently in the 10 win range, thus being a regular playoff performer. Also depends on the talent and coaching around him....look at the other qbs, he's better than 70% of the starters in this league....

I think he'll ceiling out roughly in the Kirk Cousins area. Good solid nonelite starter

He hasn't played enough to judge. Tons of QBs look good (or bad) in stretches and the opposite in the long run.
Frankly it comes down to health and clutch play.
Any NFL QB that stays healthy can put up stats that make people feel he is good.
There are a whole group of QBs who's stat are roughly similar some of whom are winners and some of whom are not.
For example, Andy dalton and philip rivers are durable and put up numbers but neither has a clutch bone in their body so they don't win anything.
Woukd you trade for jimmy g hoping he becomes them?

Look at it this way......if you would use a top 10 pick on any QB in this draft, then you need to be on the phone with the pats offering your 1st and 2nd now

There's no way to know what his ceiling is but his audition was promising.

If the rest of the league thinks his upside is worth a mid to high first round draft pick then you take it. You take it because you have the GOAT on the roster and could win another SB with him.

Winning a SB is hard. You win them when you can. Taking a first round pick for JG makes it easier to win another SB now.

How many SB's has the "great" Aaron Rodgers won? How many did Steve Young win?

If you can win another one with Brady you do it.

I think at a minimum he'll be Ryan Tannehill. 4k yds, 25+ TDS, 62% comp. He's a talented kid

It's the things that don't show up on the stat sheet, carrying his team, gritty playoff wins when he sucks and comeback wins that'll separate him

Last edited:
I think he could be a legitimate franchise QB. I wish we had a larger sample size out of him, but from his games the kid has something about him.

I definitely don't think he's the next Hoyer or Cassell or Mallett. He's better.

Best comp and ceiling is Tony Romo.

I think he'll be average at worst with Rodgers potential. He needs to get better at falling and being tackled if he wants to play more than 2 games in a row however.

It depends entirely upon the situation he ends up in. If he ends up with a good HC and OC, as well as really stable ownership he has a shot at being a good to very good quarterback. Those situations are rare however and it's more likely he will be dealt to a franchise lacking them, in which case he's very likely to struggle and possibly fail completely. In all honesty I think there's a decent chance he ends up back in New England or with Josh MacDaniels somewhere five years from now.

It depends entirely upon the situation he ends up in. If he ends up with a good HC and OC, as well as really stable ownership he has a shot at being a good to very good quarterback. Those situations are rare however and it's more likely he will be dealt to a franchise lacking them, in which case he's very likely to struggle and possibly fail completely. In all honesty I think there's a decent chance he ends up back in New England or with Josh MacDaniels somewhere five years from now.

That would be too funny.

My guess is a floor of Cassell and a ceiling of Romo

As long as he is patriot, he is a future franchise quarterback. After he is traded, he should be evaluated a mediocre talent.

I'm surprised that the name Drew Brees didn't come up. They are of similar size, the same quick release, accuracy, and good but not great arms. JG has shown that he has the ability to improvise in the pocket. Move around in it to buy time, while keeping his head down field. Most important, if you watched the locker room clip after the game, he has the ability to lead men. His team mates clearly want to play for him.

I think he is going to be an excellent QB in this league. I think his FLOOR is Cousins./Dalton, and ceiling is Brees. If the timing was better he'd have been a fitting successor to TB. But unfortunately, or fortunately if you think about it, Brady will be here for the next 2-3 years at a minimum, so the timing just isn't going to work. So we might as well use the asset we developed to help build the team, and hope that Brissett will develop into a capable starter in 3 years or so.

I think he could be a legitimate franchise QB. I wish we had a larger sample size out of him, but from his games the kid has something about him.

I definitely don't think he's the next Hoyer or Cassell or Mallett. He's better.
Is what he had about him having the best team in the NFL around him and playing his only full game against a losing team, and his other half against a defense that was the worst in its teams history?

I'm surprised that the name Drew Brees didn't come up. They are of similar size, the same quick release, accuracy, and good but not great arms. JG has shown that he has the ability to improvise in the pocket. Move around in it to buy time, while keeping his head down field. Most important, if you watched the locker room clip after the game, he has the ability to lead men. His team mates clearly want to play for him.
Ken, this is really a stretch. Since he only finished one game, you are talking a clip from the lockeroom after the unproven kid stepped in for the unfairly suspended leader of the team, and the team got a win on the road, and using that to say his teammates CLEARLY want to play FOR HIM?
I'm not saying he isn't a leader, but that is just not a reasonable example to conclude he is.

I think he is going to be an excellent QB in this league. I think his FLOOR is Cousins./Dalton, and ceiling is Brees. If the timing was better he'd have been a fitting successor to TB. But unfortunately, or fortunately if you think about it, Brady will be here for the next 2-3 years at a minimum, so the timing just isn't going to work. So we might as well use the asset we developed to help build the team, and hope that Brissett will develop into a capable starter in 3 years or so.
I think his floor is on the bench after a dozen starts, and his ceiling is best QB in the NFL for the next 10 years.
There simply is not enough data to narrow it further than that.
Look, people are, almost in the same breath saying after a game and half Jimmy is guaranteed to have a star future, but saying that Blake Bortles who threw for 4400 yards and 35 TDs in 2015, after a down year, is now someone who should be gotten rid of. Jimmy hasn't thrown for 4400/35, so if Bortles can be done 12 months after that, how is Jimmy a lock. (And Bortles was a consensus #1 pick in the same draft the Pats were the only team taking Jimmy before the 3rd round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back