PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How can PATs win SB XLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is we are not talking about the regular season. We are taling about
the playoffs where the teams PATs play will have good to very good
defenses. You may be able to score 17 points on a NFC team or 28 points
on a Detroit team but when you face a team like the Chargers or the
Ravens .... IMO ... Pats need a much improved offense over what I have seen. Defense alone will not cut it. PATs defense is not going to shut down
Chargers offense. That's what I mean lack of offense. That doesn't mean
PATs do not have an offense and have a potential to be very good. It does
mean when they face top defenses their Offense has been lacking.
The Oline especially but also in its WR core.

The Bear's defense is as good as anything we will see in the playoffs. Their weakness is at QB, not defense. If you can score 17 points vs. the Bears, you can score 17 on any team in this league barring specific match up problems.

By the way, the Chargers' defense isn't all that dominant. They are 12th in the league in points allowed. And they have either been playing from behind or letting teams stay in games recently and that can bite you in the playoffs.

Also, the Chargers are a team that has to worry about themselves until Schottenheimer shows he can actually win a playoff game. Schottenheimer hasn't won a playoff game since 1992 and has the best team in the league record wise twice since then and is 5-12 career-wise in the playoffs.

If the Chargers can score at will like they have been doing in a lot of games, the only offense we have had since Brady that took over that could probably keep up with them is the 2004 version and maybe last year. I don't think the 2003 version or the 2001 version could get into a shootout with the Chargers either.

This was true. The loss of Seau is big. Morris ... 123 yds! :eek:
I need to see Harrision back and a healthy Wilfork. it may be ok
but against LT and the chargers?

Yes Seau was playing well, but he is very far from the key to our run defense. We have been close to if not THE best run D in the NFL this year. It is ludicrous to say Jr Seau is the difference between that and not being good against the run.

You arent really serious on the Morris thing are you? If you are you must not have watched the game. Morris had 24 carries for 79 yards then broke a 44 yard run when the game was over. Miami was NOT successfully running the ball against us, outside of that 1 play in garbage time.

If we play the Chargers and do not turn the ball over, we will beat them. Tomlinson may put up some numbers, but will struggle against us as much as he has struggled against any defense, and there is no way that LTs running will control the game and beat us. If we turn the ball over, we may lose to the Chargers, but it wont be because we cant stop the run.

I think the question is more along the line of "How can PATS NOT win SB XLI?"

We have a stout defense, and you can never doubt an offense led by Brady. In my opinion, 9-4 is history, and every week passed is another week of improvement Brady has with his receivers. Yes, the stat doesn't show it but you can't show chemistry on paper. I think by the time the playoff rolls around our offense will be in a much better state.

Rest Maroney this week and see how he is for next week. Dillon has already shown us that he's still a force to be reckoned with and he can still carry the load if he needs to. The WGD must be healthy when it's playoff time.

I predicted you guys would go to the Super Bowl. Then again, I had the Panthers beating you. That was back before the season started. It looks like the Panthers will not get in.

WOW .... Really!

It doesn't matter how they do it.

They don't have to check off a list of 7 things to win the Super Bowl.

They can throw 100 interceptions. They can throw 0 interceptions. They can give up 100 points. They can give up 0 points.

IT DOES NOT MATTER.

They just need to WIN!

It doesn't matter how they do it.

They don't have to check off a list of 7 things to win the Super Bowl.

They can throw 100 interceptions. They can throw 0 interceptions. They can give up 100 points. They can give up 0 points.

IT DOES NOT MATTER.

They just need to WIN!

Point is .... they won't WIN if some things don't change.

If they play like they did against Miami against almost any playoff team
they won't WIN.

Quite obviously if they WIN they WIN .... how profound :rolleyes:

Point is .... they won't WIN if some things don't change.

If they play like they did against Miami against almost any playoff team
they won't WIN.

Quite obviously if they WIN they WIN .... how profound :rolleyes:

You're correct there.

The one requirement for winning is scoring at least (2) points. They did not do that in Miami.

But overall, it wasn't as bad as game as some are making it out to be. The defense held up until garbage time, but the offense sputtered between the Graham fumble and the overturned Graham touchdown.

:confused:

Most of our injured are expected back before or for the playoffs. Harrison. Maroney. Wilfork. Watson.

What's the problem ?

Will they? Who knows if they will and who knows if they'll be 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes