PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

~ How Bout Dem BROOOOOOOOOONS???

My team is not in the playoffs but I'm happy for you guys. That was an INSANE comeback.

At the same time can't help but feel sorry for Leafs fans, I have alot of friends from Toronto and obviously huge fans. That's gotta be ROUGH being a diehard fan of that franchise.

Not quite Dave Roberts stealing 2nd. But an incredible come back nonetheless

Actually, one of the tweets in the feed above compared it to Roberts stealing second, Larry Bird stealing the ball, and Vinatieri kicking a field goal all rolled into one.

Me, I prefer to call it Bills @ Patriots, 2011. :)

It never ceases to amaze me the people that come in and ***** about an off topic thread. For one, there's not exactly a plethora of Patriots-related news at this point in the offseason, so who cares about an off topic thread about another Boston sports team? For another, Ian did implement a nice little "ignore topic" feature on the forum so you don't have to come in, complain, and essentially get a +1 for the old post count. :rolleyes:

It never ceases to amaze me the people that come in and ***** about an off topic thread. For one, there's not exactly a plethora of Patriots-related news at this point in the offseason, so who cares about an off topic thread about another Boston sports team? For another, Ian did implement a nice little "ignore topic" feature on the forum so you don't have to come in, complain, and essentially get a +1 for the old post count. :rolleyes:

Add to the fact that the B's now get to renew an old playoff rivalry with the hated NY Rangers. First time since the early 70s. That in itself should excite and rally ANY Boston fan.:rocker:

Gives me goosebumps and raises my BP just thinking about it.

Yeah, one star for a Bruins thread on the "PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum"

:violin: :violin: :violin:

Just thought a little Violin would be nice with your whine. ;)

My team is not in the playoffs but I'm happy for you guys. That was an INSANE comeback.

At the same time can't help but feel sorry for Leafs fans, I have alot of friends from Toronto and obviously huge fans. That's gotta be ROUGH being a diehard fan of that franchise.

Well the Bruins OWNED the Leafs in the regular season 6-2. So I don't see how they could have come into the series with any high expectations. What worried me more was the Bruins 'near collapse' after going up 3-1, expected, they gave up 2 games in a row forcing game 7.

And everyone probably knows the rough start they got to in gme 7. Going down 3 goals, I thought they were as good as dead, LOL. EPIC comeback! But it didn't have to be that way if they had taken care of business in game 5 or 6. ;) I'll take the win but it was harder than expected. LOL.

Leafs are a young team, they will be back. Meanwhile Bruins have to take on the pesky Rangers. Strong defensive team. Could be a very low scoring series.

So what you're saying is, and correct me if I am wrong, you come to a football forum to talk football?

WHAT?!&^%&^* ;)

yeah, pretty much that. But also that I consider this the main forum and don't object to topical OT stuff (hah -- if that makes sense), especially during the offest of off-season, on this particular board. The mods are pretty good about letting things go until about the right time. We had several threads right here after the marathon bombings, and that was legit; nice to move along to a more uplifting OT subject (and I don't mean just Gisele).

Ian made the local team forums some time ago because many who post here do not live around here and/or do not root for the New England teams. I and a few others thought it was a good idea if he would create that section.

I think these threads are best posted in the local teams forum. I know less see it there but the fans of those teams will see it and that's all that matters. People who are not interested are no more interested in it here than they would be there.

I was at the Garden last night. It was reminiscent of The Snow Bowl - one minute, you're feeling hopeless and depressed, only to be electrified by something you didn't see coming.. The crowd was unreal. It's a great feeling when people are walking out of the building hugging and high-fiving. Fans were screaming out of their car windows and honking their horns.

Also worth mentioning - I talked to two different groups of young Leafs fans who could not have been more gracious (especially after just having had their hearts ripped out). Good sportsmanship under such difficult circumstances shows real class.

Anyone still remembers 2009-2010 series against the Flyers?!? 3-0 to start the series, and then lose 4 in a row. Last night at 3-1 I started having flashbacks ... good thing there's this thing called alcohol that tends to numb your senses.

Great come back by the B's ...now on to the Rangers :rocker:

I think it was the most exciting Boston sports moment since the 2008 huge Celtics rally in game 4 against the Fakers.

Not really

Anyone still remembers 2009-2010 series against the Flyers?!? 3-0 to start the series, and then lose 4 in a row. Last night at 3-1 I started having flashbacks ... good thing there's this thing called alcohol that tends to numb your senses.

Great come back by the B's ...now on to the Rangers :rocker:

Anyone following that Series who has a CLUE about Hockey wasn't shocked by that collapse.

1 ~ We were young, inexperienced, and had incredibly thin Depth of Talent.

2 ~ Philly was a very talented Team playing down to us ~ like the 1986 Mets, who were supposed to take out the Red Sox in 5 GAMES, how soon we forget!! :eek: ~ and we were playing MILES over our Heads.

3 ~ We were walking an High Wire Act, and when Krejci went down ~ I actually remember where I was when I was driving and heard that he was OUT ~ I issued a big "oh Schlitz", out LOUD...

4 ~ Any Student of the Game knows the difference between a Team of Scrappers Coming Down to Earth ~ the 2010 Broons ~ and an actual CHOKE ~ See: 1993 Oilers, they of the Erstwhile 35-3 Lead. :eek:

I think it was the most exciting Boston sports moment since the 2008 huge Celtics rally in game 4 against the Fakers.

Billy Cundiff begs to differ.

Anyone following that Series who has a CLUE about Hockey wasn't shocked by that collapse.

Although i agree with all your points, to say that people weren't shocked is a bit much. Lead the series 3-0 and then lead 3-0 in game 7; not sure how people's brain usually work but, i sure as hell was expecting a win at that point. :)

This thread sucks...

tumblr_m48peuNYcR1r3zat8.gif

Why yes. Yes it does. And if you haven't been paying attention then you've been missing a good thing for the past few years now.

No thanks. Not for me.

Football is the best sport ever, after that for me, I'm the type of dude thats on the edge of his seat watching golf.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back