PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

~ How Bout Dem BROOOOOOOOOONS???

Anyone following that Series who has a CLUE about Hockey wasn't shocked by that collapse.

1 ~ We were young, inexperienced, and had incredibly thin Depth of Talent.

2 ~ Philly was a very talented Team playing down to us ~ like the 1986 Mets, who were supposed to take out the Red Sox in 5 GAMES, how soon we forget!! :eek: ~ and we were playing MILES over our Heads.

3 ~ We were walking an High Wire Act, and when Krejci went down ~ I actually remember where I was when I was driving and heard that he was OUT ~ I issued a big "oh Schlitz", out LOUD...

4 ~ Any Student of the Game knows the difference between a Team of Scrappers Coming Down to Earth ~ the 2010 Broons ~ and an actual CHOKE ~ See: 1993 Oilers, they of the Erstwhile 35-3 Lead. :eek:
Losing Krejci for the rest of the series to a borderline dirty hit in Gm 3 was probably the biggest factor in the Bruins blowing it. He was playing great, plus they lost Sturm in gm 1....injuries were a HUGE factor....

Agree and if they do happen to win the Cup it will be that much more impressive. Love that they get to play the Rangers now.

Lundquist is going to be tough to score on.

I would like to claim the Ultimate Pink Hat Award. The only hockey I watched was the last 20 minutes of the Bruins winning the Stanley cup. Got thrown off the pond in HS for crashing into people...couldn't stop or turn. Don't understand the blue line, icing or whatever. Glad to see the great comeback! Go Bruins!

No thanks. Not for me.

Football is the best sport ever, after that for me, I'm the type of dude thats on the edge of his seat watching golf.

NrVWLv1.png

This thread sucks...

tumblr_m48peuNYcR1r3zat8.gif

What would you prefer to discuss, Ryan Mallet's trade value?
How we should trade Mallet for the Brown's 2014 1st round pick and pick up Hoyer?
How Belichick knew a team behind him was gonig to take that Safety from Rutgers and outsmarted them?

What would you prefer to discuss, Ryan Mallet's trade value?
How we should trade Mallet for the Brown's 2014 1st round pick and pick up Hoyer?
How Belichick knew a team behind him was gonig to take that Safety from Rutgers and outsmarted them?

He's a Maple Leafs fan...

Does anybody know the status of Seidenberg?

Does anybody know the status of Seidenberg?

Sure. :)

A moderately sized Village in Upper Lusatia, Population about 4400.

Clear skies and about 50 Degrees or so, as it's exactly MidNight. :D

Weather ~ Zawidow (Seidenberg)

*Nobody in their right mind would either believe me or give a rat's @$$, but the whole "Upper Lusatia" bit immediately sprung forth from the turgid, lunatic depths of my demented mind...

And then it occurred to me that there actually might be such a place, somewhere, and that it'd be easy to check...and it turned out that there is...in Upper freaking Lusatia!! :eek:

Yes, I am...easily amused.

Well the Bruins OWNED the Leafs in the regular season 6-2. So I don't see how they could have come into the series with any high expectations. What worried me more was the Bruins 'near collapse' after going up 3-1, expected, they gave up 2 games in a row forcing game 7.

And everyone probably knows the rough start they got to in gme 7. Going down 3 goals, I thought they were as good as dead, LOL. EPIC comeback! But it didn't have to be that way if they had taken care of business in game 5 or 6. ;) I'll take the win but it was harder than expected. LOL.

Leafs are a young team, they will be back. Meanwhile Bruins have to take on the pesky Rangers. Strong defensive team. Could be a very low scoring series.

Just a little correction Bruins were 3-1 vs Maple Leafs this year(one win being in the shootout.)

This thread sucks...

tumblr_m48peuNYcR1r3zat8.gif

Team David Tennant.

Watched the Bruins game, first time I've ever watched hockey. Incredible comeback Was a great game, will definitely watch the rest of the games now, even though they won't be nearly as good.

Still not a patch on real football though.

:D

Lundquist is going to be tough to score on.

That's my biggest concern too. Seeing how the B's have a bad habit of going long stretches of not scoring goals on mediocre goalies it's an issue they need to overcome. Don't even get me going on their powerplay. I am at the point where I would rather see them shorthanded than on the powerplay. Good thing they can be physical.

I just realized this is my 3,000th post.

Not really into hockey that much but one hell of a game 7. Very frustrating to watch at times as I felt that the Bruins had chances to score during the game that they failed to take advantage of. That includes the several power plays that yielded nothing more than a few bad shots at the goal. Next series in the playoffs will be interesting. Hope for the best Bruins.

What's the deal with the Swedish player they signed near the end of the season? Did he ever lace up?

Yes. Carl Soderberg. A lot of people are high on him and his offensive ability, but like with any player that comes over from Europe never having played in the NHL it is an adjustment. The rinks in Europe are larger and the play is more wide open leading to more offense. The rinks in the NHL are smaller and play tends to be much more physical and because he came over so late in the season they figure he might be more of a liability heading to the playoffs and not to mention the chances of him getting hurt because of the demands of the NHL playoffs. He did play in a couple games at the end and looked good. The guy is big and has great hand/stick skills.

So first the Bruins beat the Leafs in OT. Now they start off the Rangers series by winning game 1 in OT!! Watching the Bruins is not good for your heart!! LOL

So first the Bruins beat the Leafs in OT. Now they start off the Rangers series by winning game 1 in OT!! Watching the Bruins is not good for your heart!! LOL

Luckily, as Pats fans, most us have become well conditioned for that sort of thing.

Luckily, as Pats fans, most us have become well conditioned for that sort of thing.

But at least with the Pats, you get 6 to 7 days to recover. During the Bruins playoffs it 2 full days at most.

But at least with the Pats, you get 6 to 7 days to recover. During the Bruins playoffs it 2 full days at most.

Sort of the beauty and the curse of the whole thing. I was never into hockey until a few years ago (B's Stanley Cup season, when my boys started watching). Now I can't get enough! Love it that you can watch a game every few days and not have to wait a whole week for the next chapter. I went to the game last night and the garden was rocking. Great game and great outcome for the B's!! It's made the end of football the last few years not so depressing. I'd recommend it to all!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back