PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How about Mankins for Revis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this board cracks me up sometimes...Mankins for Revis...hey, you think the Jets could throw in the Brooklyn Bridge too?

There will be no trade for a DB. It's not like there are a wealth of great corners out there. I'd settle for a good pass rusher though...

this board cracks me up sometimes...Mankins for Revis...hey, you think the Jets could throw in the Brooklyn Bridge too?

There will be no trade for a DB. It's not like there are a wealth of great corners out there. I'd settle for a good pass rusher though...

This. I'd be happy with a decent pass rusher who can take a second or so off the time that our secondary has to be in coverage.

Well, maybe not Revis--but we do have some valuable trade bait, no?

whomever would take Mankins for Revis would need their head examined. Revis is one of the top players in the league and a game changer.

What about Mankins AND the Raiders' 2011 first for Revis? That is, assuming Revis could be signed to something less than what he's asking from the Green Beans.

Threads like this illustrate why moronic MLB is so popular with its fantasy trade talk. There is no congruence with the reality in the NFL with this wild, completely impractical speculation.

Jets fleece Pats again..newest corner,Wilhite, claims the Pats are a bunch of sheep..

Did you guys seriously think I believed this trade could be made? Please. I was just making the point that we have some pretty powerful trading material and could use it to bolster our defensive backfield. The point stands, and I hope it relieves some of the worry about Bodden's absence. I see that Deus Irae got it.

Last edited:
Well, what if the Patriots were to throw in Wilhite?

Hip injury returns for Antonio Cromartie | ProFootballTalk.com

Get 'er done Tannenbaum!

I wonder if Cromartie will hold up. I do think all the gushing over how he and Wilson has played this preseason may be overrated. Who have they gone against? The Giants without their best receiver (The other Steve Smith who had 1220 yards and 7 TDs last year), their top three TEs, and best o-linemen? The Panthers who are the only team in the preseason without a TD and ranked 29th on offense this preseason? The Redskins without McNabb and Rex Grossman as their starting QB for the game? Facing Mark Sanchez at practice?

Both Cromartie and Wilson could be as good as they have been hyped, but they haven't been tested this preseason to prove the hype. If Revis doesn't come back, I would be concerned about Cromartie's hip and (at times loose cannon) gambling style and soft play.

Well, what if the Patriots were to throw in Wilhite?

Hip injury returns for Antonio Cromartie | ProFootballTalk.com

Get 'er done Tannenbaum!

Wow... Revis holdout, Cromartie hurt, Lowery in the doghouse, and a rookie projected to be good as a slot CB. Suddenly our CB situation doesn't look half bad...

If the situation stays this (or gets worse) we'll quickly find out how much of the Jets pressure was made possible by leaving the secondary on an island, freeing the front seven to blitz like crazy.

If you can't trust your DBs to cover, you can't get too exotic up front or you'll get burned.

Did you guys seriously think I believed this trade could be made? Please. I was just making the point that we have some pretty powerful trading material and could use it to bolster our defensive backfield. The point stands, and I hope it relieves some of the worry about Bodden's absence. I see that Deus Irae got it.

no team is going to trade a good d-back....there just aren't that many out there. As stated, all I want is someone that can consistently rush the passer. Anyone? Bueller?

Moss for a CB?

At least Mankins for Jackson was making lemonade from lemons. . . .

This is just trading one problem for another.

if we were to trade Mankins it would not be for a CB it would be for a DE and these are the players i would go after: Calais Campbell, Marcus Spears, Jay Ratliff, and Luis Castillo...all seem like decent trades

I really can't believe this thread has gotten 34 responses. As far as message boards go, this thread is the equivalent of junk mail.

I really don't think any team would trade a quality player or a high draft pick and then give Mankins the deal he wants. It would be stupid, but then there is always Al.

Would you trade a disgruntled player who wants 8 million a year for another disgruntled player who wants 16 million a year?

Ummmm, yeah... if the dude was one of the 1-2 top guys in the league at his position (which is a specialty pos.) and the other is a 4-5 guy at a less specialty pos. (like guard). In a fugging NY minute as they say.

Well, maybe not Revis--but we do have some valuable trade bait, no?

I would throw them Mankins and a #1 for Revis
... if Revis signed a deal a bit less than market value of course.

Wow. stop with these stupid trade ideas to get Revis. The Jets aren't going to downgrade their defense by getting rid of one of the most elite players in the NFL for Mankins, a mediocre player, and a draft pick. No... Ok how about the Jets trade us Mark Sanchez, an average defensive player, and their 1st round picks next year for Tom Brady. That's how stupid you guys sound.

Last edited:
Mankins and a one for DeMarcus Ware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results