PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Houshmandzadeh says Pats didnt deserve to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many passes did whosyermomma catch tonight? nevermind. 4 catches. zero td's. wow, what a star... should talk to the media more.

btw. how many td's did the blonde mohawk catch? lotta talking all week for not much production.

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:
how many passes did whosyermomma catch tonight?
4 rec. 95 yards.

He had a good game.

Not surprising. They're just the latest in a long line of teams muttering "we shoulda never lost to them" or "the best team didn't win" after a game, all the way back to 2001 and 2003.

Screw 'em. Scoreboard.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Off of ESPN...

Palmer wasnt much better:

News to Palmer: If you want another shot at New England, you need to get through your division first. Bengals still have to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore twice. Last time I checked the Ravens are 4-0 and their defense looks insane! The Bengals are going to have a tough time winning the division, if they even do. Baltimore looks like a great ball club this year and will make a run at the division crown. Good luck Bengals! Sore losers.

Last edited:
THEARCHIVES said:
News to Palmer: If you want another shot at New England, you need to get through your division first. Bengals still have to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore twice. Last time I checked the Ravens are 4-0 and their defense looks insane! The Bengals are going to have a tough time winning the division, if they even do. Baltimore looks like a great ball club this year and will make a run at the division crown. Good luck Bengals! Sore losers.

Gabriel. Looking pretty tight!:p

SeanBruschi54 said:
Houshmandzadeh says Pats didnt deserve to win...

How does his quote imply we "didn't deserve to win"?

They knew they couldn't stop us, but you need the team as a whole to succeed," receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. "There aren't any [defensive backs] on that team that can cover us. That's why they played the coverages they did. They did a good job of mixing it up."

SeanBruschi54 said:
Palmer wasnt much better:

Palmer's was far worse:

"It's tough to say after a loss like this, but hopefully well be able to look back in a month or two and say we needed this," Palmer said. "I don't know if we were too ****y or too confident, but I know this is a team that we should've beat. Hopefully, well get another shot at them. I know if we play our best football, we can beat them."

Jarvis Green blew the Bengals up

10 games from now the Pats will be VERY dangerous

Maroney,brothers..and Maroney will make Chad Jackson grow up fast

We exposed the weakness of this team, and then took them apart. This game was a classic BB team victory, the Pats played to their strengths and the exposed the weakness of the Bengals. I suspect that other teams will look at our game plan and by the end of the season this team may not even make the playoffs. The comments of Palmer, House... and the rest of them tell how this organization is made up and this why this team may never play in February. Talk about body language, did you see Rudy Johnson on the bench either we rung his bell or he was thinking about a post game brew.

We had the Broncos last week too

but...it's a work in progress...I could care less about the Broncos..they did us a favor...Brady daggered the Bengals yesterday..and he is much more in synce with Gabriel and that so called bust Caldwell..who played lights out BTW...but Maroney???C'mon...I'm a homer but I've seen a
lot of players come and go...Lawrence Maroney IS already a star..and Dillon is the reason

When you see a team like the Bengals making comments like that, you can see why BB controls the message to the degree he does. It is such a team game, and most of these players are likely to say the wrong thing every time.

Lewis may be a decent X&O coach, but he doesn't have control of those players. The inmates run the asylum in Cinci.

The reason they played so poorly is because they only had one DUI this week. So it's obvious they need to go out and party more get a couple of arrests and they will when the next game.

The Bengals are a joke!

ghostPatsfan said:
Not surprising. They're just the latest in a long line of teams muttering "we shoulda never lost to them" or "the best team didn't win" after a game, all the way back to 2001 and 2003.

Screw 'em. Scoreboard.

Very true. But how many of those comments were made after super-close tight games? Most of them, as I recall (and I specifically recall the Titans playoff game). A 38-13 shellacking does not lend itself to these types of comments, which is why it's so odd, and embarrassing for the Bengals.

Yeah, because it was such a close game and they were performing so well on both sides of the ball...

40yrpatsfan said:
Lewis may be a decent X&O coach, but he doesn't have control of those players. The inmates run the asylum in Cinci.

As is evident in the team's arrest records.

These comments remind me of Marshall Faulk after the SB saying that the Rams had simply beaten themselves almost implying that we shouldn't have won or it was luck.

How about a good ole' beatdown boys?
The Bengals and Colts DONT have what it takes ....
The tough teams will be around until the end.

Im disappointed at Carson Palmer....but he just proved he's a punk and Houshmanzedah needs to go out on IR-I'll be waiting for that.

Seneschal2 said:
How does his quote imply we "didn't deserve to win"?

Palmer's was far worse:
Sorry bro just relaying what ESPN had to say.

40yrpatsfan said:
When you see a team like the Bengals making comments like that, you can see why BB controls the message to the degree he does. It is such a team game, and most of these players are likely to say the wrong thing every time.

No, the Bengals were a joke. Don't think that Lewis doesn't see all of these problems. But he was hired by the Bengals, has only been there three years, didn't have the authority that BB has. Here's an extract from NFL.com at the time of his hiring:

"After failing to get a head coaching job after the 2000 or 2001 seasons, Lewis became defensive coordinator of the Washington Redskins, but was eager for the chance to become an NFL head coach.

He's starting at the bottom.

The Bengals haven't had a winning record in the last 12 years and became a national laughingstock during a 2-14 season that was the worst in team history. **** LeBeau was fired a day later.

For the first time since owner Mike Brown took over the team in 1991, he looked outside the organization for a replacement...

The last time the Bengals went entirely outside the organization for a head coach was 1980, when they hired Forrest Gregg. He led the team to its first Super Bowl a year later, but butted heads with the Brown family over control of the roster and left after the 1983 season.

During their dismal dozen years, the Bengals have had four head coaches with links to the organization: Sam Wyche, Dave Shula, Bruce Coslet and LeBeau. None has been able to produce as much as one winning record.
Lewis will bring a fresh perspective to a locker room that wallowed in misery as the losses mounted. Lewis, the team's first black head coach, also will be welcomed in a city still trying to heal from race riots in 2001.

The question is whether Lewis, who has been an NFL assistant for 11 seasons, can overcome the front office's shortcomings, which practically ensure failure.

The Bengals are 55-137 under Brown, who refuses to bring in a general manager, give his head coaches final say over the roster, or upgrade the NFL's smallest scouting staff.

In addition to learning what it's like to be an NFL head coach, Lewis will learn what it's like to deal with an owner who waffles on decisions, hoards authority, and is fixated on quarterbacks."

Management 101 says that the most difficult situation for someone to impose their authority is when their subordinates can see that their own position is in question. Lewis has managed to get the organization much more under control than it ever was before, despite having to deal with that ownership.

He hasn't done it the BB way and he hasn't done it perfectly, but if I were a Bengals fan I'd worship the ground he walks on. (Which they do -- see Marvinforprez, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back