PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs Kickoff return- be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am probably the one and only Pats fan who was NOT shouting "no!"

But that's just because I didn't see the play live :)

Lousy decision, spectacular play.

He saw the wedge ahead of him and ran. I had no problem with it. I was shouting "go" not "no"

I agree. Hobbs did the wrong thing. He took it out when he wasn't supposed to. I expect he will get a talking to by the Special teams coach. He'll be following the rules in the future, or he won't be a returner.

LOL...

Here is what Bill had to say about Ellis' decision in the post game PC.

"On Ellis Hobbs coming out of the end zone eight yards deep on his touchdown return...

He's aggressive and he made it work, so nobody is going to say anything to him about that."

I'm going to be honest, when Hoobs caust the kickoff deep in the end zone I was yelling "don't run it out". I was yelling "don't run it out" until he reached the 20. Then I started yelling "run the thing out".

Be honest, how many of you sad the same thing?

And I don't like what he said about "my job is to run , it not to take a knee". He job is to do what is best for the team and what the coaches tell him to do. If the coaches tell him, "never take a knee", then that's OK. But he makes it sound like it's all up to him.

Only the Jets can have one of the best ST units in the league and arguable the best ST coach in the league and give up the longest KR return in NFL history.

I'm going to be honest, when Hoobs caust the kickoff deep in the end zone I was yelling "don't run it out". I was yelling "don't run it out" until he reached the 20. Then I started yelling "run the thing out".

And I don't like what he said about "my job is to run , it not to take a knee". He job is to do what is best for the team and what the coaches tell him to do. If the coaches tell him, "never take a knee", then that's OK. But he makes it sound like it's all up to him.

That is exactly what I did.

Any I bet he gets a stern talking to from coach about that one.

I loved the return.

Of course, I was like "What the hell is Hobbs doing??"

And then predictably I was like "WHO CARES??? RUN BABY RUN !#$%"

I really like the attitude. Hobbs said something about the team wanting to be aggressive and not leave any plays on the field. I like it.

I came away from the AFCC feeling like the Patriots gave it away and that they could have and should have made a few more plays to keep the game.

Maybe the Patriots players and coaches feel the same way and are looking to make every play count this season.

I dig it.

As long as Hobbs makes it back to the 20 that is well good enough for me when you factor in the shot at long returns.

Now, the fact that we're using a starting CB on the kick return unit? ... that's a whole other can of worms in my book, lol.

Last edited:

Me too. I have just finished watching it and couldn't believe he didn't take a knee. I stand very corrected indeed (as I do over far too many Football matters).

Great return but there is a reason that it's the longest return in NFL history and that the record will probably never be beaten. Very few people try to return a kick they catch 8 yards deep because odds are they won't make it to the 20. The potential reward is not worth the risk in the long run.

Conspiracy Theory

First game of the season little "wrinkle" Not expected.

BB IS A GENIUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back