PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower agrees to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
hightower.png

Last edited:
Great! He was my favorite player in the draft and I was ecstatic when we picked him. Hopefully it's a good investment so I can make my own investment in one of his jerseys!

When the Steelers went need and drafted OL I started screaming for a move up to get Hightower and shock, shock, shock BB actually pulled the trigger.

Cannot wait to see what this Beast can do! Just fabulous! :cool:

Andre Carter on Hightower:

I didn’t realize how big [Dont’a] Hightower was. That boy is a beast. He is big and solid and he can run like the wind, especially for a man his size (6-2, 270). I think for him, on the back end, he can do it all – whether it’s a 3-4 or 4-3, I’ll be interested to see what he does.”

Andre Carter update on Sirius - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

That's pretty high praise. Hopefully Hightower will provide the versatility that Adalius Thomas was hoped to provide when he was signed in 2007, plus the leadership that Thomas so sorely lacked.

This is really good news to come home to after a long day at the office.

Not sure if anyone reported the numbers yet but his SB should be $4,057,456 give or take a few dollars with a cap charge of $1.404 million. The team should be right around $10 million in cap room, most of which is going to be carried to next season.

Andre Carter on Hightower:

I didn’t realize how big [Dont’a] Hightower was. That boy is a beast. He is big and solid and he can run like the wind, especially for a man his size (6-2, 270). I think for him, on the back end, he can do it all – whether it’s a 3-4 or 4-3, I’ll be interested to see what he does.

Hopefully, Carter will get to see what Hightower does while playing right next to him. Please lord, make it so...!

Hopefully, Carter will get to see what Hightower does while playing right next to him. Please lord, make it so...!

Well said! Well said! Loved what Carter brought last year....:cool:

This seems to be the safest, most slam-dunk first round pick in Patriots history.

So, I'm guessing he'll be a bust.

Greetings,
I think Hightower is going to play great for the Patriots, believe me I watched him a lot in college on a consistent basis. I feel he will not get a huge or astonishing amount of tackles, but will make the highest impact tacklesand most impressive tackles. I think many teams will avoid running to side, because of the intensity attacking the ball carrier. I still think he makes he biggest and best contributions on the inside, he was born to play ILB. But I also think he can play fine on the outside as well. I think he could be a higher skilled Mike Vrabel, line up at any linebacker position in a 3-4 or 4-3.

Celticboy04

I like the 5th year team option....

This is a very good pick..

It's about 8:00AM July 19th, and rookies arrive at Gillette today! I can picture Hightower at the player's caf sitting down to a dozen scrambled with about 3 bagels, 6 sausages, and a big glass of chocolate milk!

Eat up Bubba, it's time to rock! :rocker:

The deal is done, and now the real work begins. Let's get it done on the field.

If this defense can get Carter back, then I see no reason they can't repeat the upper half scoring defense that they had last year. I think yards will still be given up. That's just the way the league is at this point. Offenses are wide open. If they can stay in the upper half of the league in scoring defense, continue to force turnovers, and make opposing QB's miserable (not necessarily just piling sacks), I really think this team can go a long long way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back