PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's some "insider" news from an optomistic Bills fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Bills fan, and just let me tell you something about that guy. He used to post on a Sabres message board I would frequent and is a GIGANTIC homer and is making up tall tales all of the time, easily the biggest homer I've seen it's just sad. He made up some story while he was there about our owner (Sabres) Tom Golisano having the house next door to him in Florida, the catch being that Golisano and him had supposedly "lived" next to each other for years and he never found out until then. When I was on the Bills board and saw that I just toally facepalmed because I knew the guy was full of it to begin with.

Even if the OP was not really informed, there is something in what he says that we might take heart in..The Buffalo News even reported that the players are excited about the change in the offense since AVP took over, asking Trent to make more deep throws and take more chances, and picking up the pace of the no huddle. We have the tools for this offense to work, and it could be electric if they put it together. Simplifying the playbook makes it much easier for Trent to make the playcalls at the line, that much seems obvious, and it allows him to use what he has learned about defenses to make adjustments at the line. I like thinking about it. So, I am not going to flame this guy.

I think Patriots fans can agree that we too would like Edwards to look to make more deep throws and take more chances.

Yep. Meri and co. would be lovin' that.

So their new OC is named after a bad Aliens sequel? That's a bit gnarly, anyway.

Even if the OP was not really informed, there is something in what he says that we might take heart in..The Buffalo News even reported that the players are excited about the change in the offense since AVP took over, asking Trent to make more deep throws and take more chances, and picking up the pace of the no huddle. We have the tools for this offense to work, and it could be electric if they put it together. Simplifying the playbook makes it much easier for Trent to make the playcalls at the line, that much seems obvious, and it allows him to use what he has learned about defenses to make adjustments at the line. I like thinking about it. So, I am not going to flame this guy.

I think Patriots fans can agree that we too would like Edwards to look to make more deep throws and take more chances.

Yep. Meri and co. would be lovin' that.

So their new OC is named after a bad Aliens sequel? That's a bit gnarly, anyway.

Ehhh.... It's not his fault that the owners of the property sold out for money when they had a tremendous idea in their hands. AVP could have been one hell of a movie franchise.

Ehhh.... It's not his fault that the owners of the property sold out for money when they had a tremendous idea in their hands. AVP could have been one hell of a movie franchise.

Not to sidetrack an already brilliant thread, but I agree. Trouble is, they needed someone like Peter Jackson involved. That sounds weird, but really, I think D9 was a hint at what those movies can be.

Not to sidetrack an already brilliant thread, but I agree. Trouble is, they needed someone like Peter Jackson involved. That sounds weird, but really, I think D9 was a hint at what those movies can be.

Well, Robert Rodriguez is supposed to be helming a new Predator movie, so I have high hopes of a quality flick in one of these franchises.

Well, Robert Rodriguez is supposed to be helming a new Predator movie, so I have high hopes of a quality flick in one of these franchises.

Is he ever gonna finish Sin City 2 or Red Sonja? Maybe the new Predator will have that sweet Shorts/Spy Kids vibe goin' on.

I'm starting to lose my respect for that dude. I prefer complete lunatics like Benicio Del Toro or even Tarantino (Deathproof excluded) helming flicks.

Ah, just whining. Maybe a RobRod Predator would be sweet. I guess it HAS to be better than watching the Bills play football the other 14 times...

Last edited:
What if Scott Norwood's kick had split the uprights?:eek:

What if Scott Norwood's kick had split the uprights?:eek:

This kick?

alg_bills-norwood.jpg

:p

More insider news:

Einhorn was not Finkle

Einhorn was Norwood!

With all the disarray at OC, the suspension of the starting RB, the raw inexperience of the OL, I'm wondering if Jauron should'nt just pull a fast one and suddenly forfeit the MNF opener given the dismal prospects for a W. Use an extra week to get ready for a potentially winable game, keep players fresh and free from the bumps and bruises of full speed contact? What say Buff fans?

We're not dead yet: I was told Edwards and the offense look stellar at practice... - Buffalobills.com Message Board

Don't know which is funniest, the original poster's claims that the Buffalo offense is installing "undefendable" plays, that the "o-line" looks good and has no major issues, or the replies of other Bills fans calling for the thread to be deleted. Enjoy!

Here is the start of the thread:

I got a call from a source and was told the offense is literally putting together nearly undefendable plays and executing them quite well. The offense has been simplified a bit but relies on a different pace where as they actually have mini get togethers at one time and then hurry up to the line on others. It actually is difficult for the defense to get a pace set at all and T.O. / Evans have been getting to area's that Trent is not normally accustomed to throwing, past 10 yards downfield. The underneath stuff is waiting but Trent is actually passing longer than we have witnessed all of pre-season.

I am not saying that we will destroy the Pats but it looks like a solid gameplan is coming together so we score early and often, however frightening that sounds. I have been hyper-critical of the team as of late and still have a tough time fathoming anything close to what I am being told but scarily I believe DJ cannot sit by and watch his job slip away.

Plan on the Pats not leading at the half and the Bills making a point of saying we're here to the world come monday, my popcorn's in the micro.

P.S. The O-line looks good too, no major issues."

Yeah, the Rams had an "un-defendable" plan in the SB as well. :p

bring it on.

btw. Fathom is misused.
I know it sounds big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case