PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here we are again...are we who I thought we are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Going into the season I thought we were one of the top 2 teams in the AFC. AS the season went on and the pretenders faded it was clear the AFC was mostly a 2 horse race. My personal expectations for this team was this game and anything beyond being gravy.

Now I have to go back to the off season threads from last year. I personally did not think we did enough at WR to get over the hurdle and really improve the team. You know add that key part to key you over the last hurdle. I thought net/net we were about the same as last year which was AFC Championship game. We all pretty much knew when we dropped that Miami game we were going to have to go through Denver.

So what make you guys think we can get to the next level and a step(or even 2) ahead of what we were last year. I really believed we were a better team than the Ravens last year and we were playing at home but we all know how that turned out. That game now actually gives me some hope looking ahead to this weekend.

In retrospect my off season assessment of the team may have been wrong. While I still think we didn't do enough at WR, if we had our full compliment of Def (read Mayo, Vince, Kelly, Spikes) I would really like us in this game. As it stands with Collins emergence we really match up pretty well against a strong group of Denv wideouts.

Talib/D.Thomas
Collins/ J.Thomas
Dennard/Decker
Arrington/Welker

Anyway all we could have asked for is this team to be back here again with another shot at playing for the trophy and that is exactly where we sit. Going to go back and watch the early season Denver game but I think it will be hard to use that as a gauge since the players are different and we started so poorly with all those turnovers it was a pretty crazy affair.

All I hope for is that we play clean and mistake free and I think we have a decent shot its going to be a classic for sure.

but the Bears are who we thought they are....but we let em off the hook!

:D:D:D

Going into the season I thought we were one of the top 2 teams in the AFC. AS the season went on and the pretenders faded it was clear the AFC was mostly a 2 horse race. My personal expectations for this team was this game and anything beyond being gravy.

Now I have to go back to the off season threads from last year. I personally did not think we did enough at WR to get over the hurdle and really improve the team. You know add that key part to key you over the last hurdle. I thought net/net we were about the same as last year which was AFC Championship game. We all pretty much knew when we dropped that Miami game we were going to have to go through Denver.

So what make you guys think we can get to the next level and a step(or even 2) ahead of what we were last year. I really believed we were a better team than the Ravens last year and we were playing at home but we all know how that turned out. That game now actually gives me some hope looking ahead to this weekend.

In retrospect my off season assessment of the team may have been wrong. While I still think we didn't do enough at WR, if we had our full compliment of Def (read Mayo, Vince, Kelly, Spikes) I would really like us in this game. As it stands with Collins emergence we really match up pretty well against a strong group of Denv wideouts.

Talib/D.Thomas
Collins/ J.Thomas
Dennard/Decker
Arrington/Welker

Anyway all we could have asked for is this team to be back here again with another shot at playing for the trophy and that is exactly where we sit. Going to go back and watch the early season Denver game but I think it will be hard to use that as a gauge since the players are different and we started so poorly with all those turnovers it was a pretty crazy affair.

All I hope for is that we play clean and mistake free and I think we have a decent shot its going to be a classic for sure.

I watched that Denver game again during our 'bye' week last weekend and the biggest difference from that game is that our all world TE was in and now is out and there beast TE was out the RS game but will be in for this game.

Gutting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe