PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here are some basic facts to refer to..

mcsully

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
(apologies if this was already posted)

Listen we're all shocked whats gone on in the past few weeks.. Who wouldn't be.. But I find it funny when I read articles on stuff and people just don't have the entire picture.. Sure the situation blew up in the Pats face.. But no one would have predicted this..

But to respond to the Mike Brown's and Polian's of the world or other teams saying they took Hernandez off their draft board.. And shame on the pats.. lets go back and look at the past 10 years and see the arrest record for their teams (who aren't even close to a major market like boston.. where players can get in all sorts of trouble)

Which NFL Team Has Had Most Arrests Since 2000? The Fewest? | SportsGrid

This is a good read.. While the Pats aren't ranked dead last on arrests, they are on average a clean team.. The Patriot way is not dead.. They want high character guys who love football..

Even the most powerful companies in the world make mistakes on leadership and employment.. Its how they deal with the situation after that's important..

Listen we're all shocked whats gone on in the past few weeks.. Who wouldn't be.. But I find it funny when I read articles on stuff and people just don't have the entire picture.. Sure the situation blew up in the Pats face.. But no one would have predicted this..

But to respond to the Mike Brown's and Polian's of the world or other teams saying they took Hernandez off their draft board.. And shame on the pats.. lets go back and look at the past 10 years and see the arrest record for their teams (who aren't even close to a major market like boston.. where players can get in all sorts of trouble)

This is a good read.. While the Pats aren't ranked dead last on arrests, they are on average a clean team.. The Patriot way is not dead.. They want high character guys who love football..

Even the most powerful companies in the world make mistakes on leadership and employment.. Its how they deal with the situation after that's important..

Excellent point. Probably will not impress the haters though....

When it comes to trying to bring down the Patriots reputation, there's no basis for logic and people will always make whatever emotional arguments they can (and even try to make it seem reasonable).

It's not about reporting news or facts. It's about whipping up an emotional frenzy to drive clicks and arguments that can never be settled. Basically like getting a bunch of preteens in a room and making them all agree on everything.

If one was to create a weighted scale of various criminal activity, how much weight do you give gun-toting executioner verses drunk driver? And should this scale factor in number of victims/arrest or total number of victims independently? I'd hate for some "basic facts" to be left out.

But, you are right....it's just ONE arrest.....a very small number comparatively speaking. Dennard??? .....that was last year....old news. Besides...it was the cops fault....right?

We, as Pats fans, must maintain the illusion that the Patriot Way has been preserved despite this blip. Maybe when Bobby Kraft is finished giving "acting" tips to his niece, he can finally issue a public statement reaffirming the Patriots Way he perpetuates ad nauseum.

PS...I love this thread. Diminish the severity by attaching a number. One is less than three. The Pats are better.
Foam Fingers Unite

PS...I love this thread. Diminish the severity by attaching a number. One is less than three. The Pats are better.
Foam Fingers Unite
May be time to back off the internet for awhile? You seem to be coming from the other side of the argument or taking this way way too personally?

I think the point is people have and easy time saying these things after the fact, but we'd be hard pressed to find evidence of what they say prior to the fact (or incident). Obviously the murder of someone is way way above the scale of thigns we've seem before and don't think people make light of it. But, show me 1 pundit who said AH was a murderer waiting to happen prior to the draft.

But to respond to the Mike Brown's and Polian's of the world or other teams saying they took Hernandez off their draft board.. And shame on the pats.. lets go back and look at the past 10 years and see the arrest record for their teams (who aren't even close to a major market like Boston.. where players can get in all sorts of trouble)

Nice find mcsully. It's always fun to watch these owners and ex-GM's demonstrate such selective memory when piling on other successful teams when an incident occurs.

I thought I'd put together an Excel Chart that compares ARRESTS to the following success metrics for the same period (2000 - 2012): SUPERBOWLS, WIN/LOSS % & PLAYOFF GAMES. It's interesting how the likely suspects (Bengals, Vikings, Broncos, Titans, Bucs, Chiefs, Jags, Browns, Dolphins, Chargers, Bears) in the UPPER THIRD of the ARRESTS curve are at the BOTTOM THIRD of the success metric curves. Not surprising.

As a reference, I used www.pro-football-reference.com to mine the franchise success metrics/data for years 2000-2012.

BTW: You have a great site here PatsFans. This is my first post after hanging in the wings for some time. Cheers.

nfltea12.jpg

Wow.. now you took it to another level :) I'll have to reread in the a.m. :)

If one was to create a weighted scale of various criminal activity, how much weight do you give gun-toting executioner verses drunk driver? And should this scale factor in number of victims/arrest or total number of victims independently? I'd hate for some "basic facts" to be left out.

But, you are right....it's just ONE arrest.....a very small number comparatively speaking. Dennard??? .....that was last year....old news. Besides...it was the cops fault....right?

We, as Pats fans, must maintain the illusion that the Patriot Way has been preserved despite this blip. Maybe when Bobby Kraft is finished giving "acting" tips to his niece, he can finally issue a public statement reaffirming the Patriots Way he perpetuates ad nauseum.

Foam Fingers Unite

Good lord dude..

What exactly is the harm of pointing out the fact that the team has the 8th lowest arrest rate out of 32 teams in the Belichick era? That puts them in the top 25% of all NFL teams in the aspect of having their players get into trouble. It proves that it's actually the opposite of many of the articles that we've had to read lately.

EVERY single team in the league has its share of "questionable" players who get arrested for assaults, carrying unlicensed weapons and general thuggery. Pretending to somehow find the front office responsible for actually believing in someone and offering them another chance from a life of bad choices in their teens like smoking pot etc should be looked at as a good thing, not a bad one.

From someone who's admittedly smoked a ton of pot and done drugs much worse in his late teens and even early twenties, I can only wish that someone would have believed in me like that--especially after proving to turn my life in the complete opposite direction for the past 20 yrs. Hernandez is the idiot here, not the team who drafted him in the middle rounds. All they did was once again prove that "value" is an important trait to them, something that's much more indicative of the Patriot Way than not ever taking chances, which is a complete media fabrication.

This should be blamed on Aaron Hernandez alone for completely screwing everyone in this world who trusted and believed in him. No one else.

I don't see how anyone can criticize the Patriots for this. The difference between the Patriots and a team like the Ravens is the Patriots part ways with a guy like Hernandez even if he's a good player.

Once the Patriots are back to doormat status, detractors will turn into defenders eventually.

Hope that never happens;) Find as many chinks in the armor as you want. These Patriots have regenerative shielding capability.

The above chart is well done, considering that we are in the top 25% one might say that this organization has done a good job.. despite what the local mediots say.

I didn't read Brown's comments, but Polian said nothing resembling "shame on the Patriots."

We're talking murder and possibly triple murder. DUI and domestic disputes and other crimes or misdeeds that pump up the stats for other teams are important and bad, but let's keep some perspective here.

This was a bad, bad mistake. We only diminish the Patriots by trying to say anything else.

I don't see how anyone can criticize the Patriots for this. The difference between the Patriots and a team like the Ravens is the Patriots part ways with a guy like Hernandez even if he's a good player.

Good point - someone needs to go into the graphic and add a 4th bar: # of arrested players STILL ON THE TEAM. Then RESORT.
Be interesting to see the results of that.

Sidebar: Can anyone believe the JESTERS :eek: are leading as one of the top 3 teams in this stat. :eek:
I guess they are all too busy making illegitimate children to get into criminal-legal difficulties.... :D

I didn't read Brown's comments, but Polian said nothing resembling "shame on the Patriots."

We're talking murder and possibly triple murder. DUI and domestic disputes and other crimes or misdeeds that pump up the stats for other teams are important and bad, but let's keep some perspective here.

This was a bad, bad mistake. We only diminish the Patriots by trying to say anything else.

Don't think anyone saw this coming and stuff like this happens.. You don't think some of us works with people who've committed horrible crimes and not be caught? think again

But back to my initial post.. think your missing my point.. Point is in12 years the Patriots, who are in a metropolitan city, have a lower amt of arrests compared to their competition.. They've kept a clean program during BB time.. Actually they've been able to take the Corey Dillions, Randy Mosses, B Coxes of the world and keep them in line.. While winning.. Find me a winning college program for 12 years who hasn't had their lumps

Polian might not be saying "SHAME on the pats" but his comments had an under tone.. Listen I like Bill P.. He's great to listen to but sometimes he says crazy stuff.. BTW- this is the man who drafted rae carruth and said "he was too good to pass up".. The guy who basically killed one person and destroyed the life of his son's..

Re: Re: Here are some basic facts to refer to..

Foam Fingers Unite

Hey thats a neat trick.

Step 1) - Take an extreme viewpoint of maybe .5% of the die-hard Patriot fans.

Step 2) - Pretend that the majority of Patriot fans share this same extreme viewpoint

Step 3) - Insult and make fun of said majority for their mindless lack of objectivity.

Step 4) - Sit back and feel smug and superior to the masses for your elite critical thinking skills.

Honestly? Deus does all of this a lot better than you.

Don't think anyone saw this coming and stuff like this happens.. You don't think some of us works with people who've committed horrible crimes and not be caught? think again

But back to my initial post.. think your missing my point.. Point is in12 years the Patriots, who are in a metropolitan city, have a lower amt of arrests compared to their competition.. They've kept a clean program during BB time.. Actually they've been able to take the Corey Dillions, Randy Mosses, B Coxes of the world and keep them in line.. While winning.. Find me a winning college program for 12 years who hasn't had their lumps

Polian might not be saying "SHAME on the pats" but his comments had an under tone.. Listen I like Bill P.. He's great to listen to but sometimes he says crazy stuff.. BTW- this is the man who drafted rae carruth and said "he was too good to pass up".. The guy who basically killed one person and destroyed the life of his son's..

The lower number of arrests over 12 years is a consoling fact, but, unfortunately, Hernandez adds up to a lot more than another "lump." The Pats are certainly no worse than the rest, even with Hernandez, but it's hard to say a whole lot more than that.

The lower number of arrests over 12 years is a consoling fact, but, unfortunately, Hernandez adds up to a lot more than another "lump." The Pats are certainly no worse than the rest, even with Hernandez, but it's hard to say a whole lot more than that.

U missed the point.. oh well.. One of the major reasons I never post here.. 2 many obtuse posters..

I'll be hibernating again.. Done

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back