PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hello from Bengal Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
patsox23 said:
Cicero, welcome aboard. It's possible I remember you from the Super Bowl night - either way, please stick around, or at least visit, after the game. I have had the Bengals down as a Pats loss since the day the shcedule came out - we're hopeful, but most of us are realistic about where the Pats are as a team right now.

Credit to you for sticking with Cincy through the hin times and congrats on steadily getting to a place where Super Bowl aspirations are not pipe dreams.

Thanks! I certainly will. It seems like an oxymoron to say Bengal and Superbowl in the same sentence, but we've come a long way.

Thanks for the classy posts Cicero, like a breath of fresh air(and I'm talking about some of own here!) Good luck and clean game to all. You've got a great team going, should be a dog fight!!! Yea!

Cicero said:
I was a bandwagon fan in the beginning myself. I jumped on the 1988 bandwagon with no idea how long it would be until we finally had a good team again. I tried to get over them in the 1990's but by that time I was bleeding orange and black and there was no cure for it.

I was joking, but I am a bandwagoner at heart. It is just that I jumped on the 85 Pats' bandwagon, not the most recent edition.

Cicero,We will win this Sunday :p

Hey guys this should be a fun week after last weeks SQUEELER WEEK!!Hope to see some classy fans for awhile!!!!

BengalBEVIS said:
Hey is this "Spain"????

Sorry?I didn't want angry to nobody.

Last edited:
F0nSY said:
Sorry?I didn't want angry to nobody.

Don't let the boo-birds get yah down. :) Especially not a Bengal boo-bird.

Patsfans get love in Europe, just ask Gomez or the guy from Italy.

Cicero said:
Howdy Pats fans. Just wanted to stop in and say hello and that I am really looking forward to this week's game. My Bengals are being hyped like crazy right now and I am cautiously optomistic, but hype doesn't win football games.

I have been following your team for a while, they always brought me hope during the dark years of Bengal football. I was on one of your message boards the night of your first superbowl win chatting it up with your fellow fans. They were very understanding of my plight as your team went through a similar drought. That win gave me hope that it could happen in Cincinnati. That time now appears closer than ever and this weeks game will be a great measuring stick for my Bengals.

Good luck and here's to an injury free hard fought game for both teams.

personally i have simpathy for the Bengals. i like a lot Carson Palmer and i'm happy to see him on the field.
but for next sunday, sorry, i hope that the Pats will come out with a win.
but it will be tough - you have a good team.

Last edited:
Why do the Bengals have to be so dammm good?!?!?

It was a lot more fun when you guys were the doormats of the league and a locked in "W" for your opponents!

(Hey, wait a minute, people say that about the Pats, too!)

Just kidding...Thanks for coming in peace and talking football!

Looking forward to this week's game, though I am not sure why!

Our only hope, really, is to get a lot of pressure on Palmer and keep him from killing us!

ADPF

Cicero said:
Thanks. You will probably see some trolls this week, but they are generally fans that didn't even know we existed before 2005. I have been a fan of my team since the 1980's and having been through thick and thin (a lot more thin than thick unfortunately) with my team I see very little value in talking trash. I leave that for the kids and band wagoneers.

thanks and welcome. unlike the Colts board where they regularly update their "ignore" list of Pats fans, I think you'll find that people out here will be polite and respectful if you know what you're talking about. as a fan i literally got sick to my stomach when CP went down on the first series last January and never thought it was an "accident."

but, here's a question for you...do you think Marvin Lewis is the real deal? i used to think so, but now he seems to be losing control of his team off the field and, IMO, this will inevitably have an impact on how they play.

You must have missed the memo. Since the sky officially fell on Sunday, all posts must be along one of these lines:

our season is over (btw, I really hate it when people refer to a team as us, we, etc. grr)
Tom Brady is no longer a premiere quarterback
Belicheck's ego is writing checks his team can't cash
the rookie kicker is a failure
Deion Branch is Jerry Rice Jr and the team is useless without him
Bob Kraft is cheap
the Bungles (I'm sorry, some habits are hard to break) are going to destroy us
there is no award for the team with the most cap room
look at what Borges wrote
look at what Felger said/wrote
I have sand in my vagina

Please amend all posts to reflect one of these viewpoints.

Otherwise, welcome and I hope you enjoy your time at these boards

Hello Cicero -- let me add my welcome. It's a pleasure to have a visit from other teams' fans who aren't out to troll.

I didn't see the Bengals' first game, but I did see the game against Pitt. While there was plenty to admire -- above all, the spirit that put the absence of Chad Johnson to one side -- how did you think Rudi Johnson was running? Even allowing for Pittsburgh having an excellent D, he seemed quite slow and tentative to me. Is that fair?

PatsFanSince74 said:
thanks and welcome. unlike the Colts board where they regularly update their "ignore" list of Pats fans, I think you'll find that people out here will be polite and respectful if you know what you're talking about. as a fan i literally got sick to my stomach when CP went down on the first series last January and never thought it was an "accident."

but, here's a question for you...do you think Marvin Lewis is the real deal? i used to think so, but now he seems to be losing control of his team off the field and, IMO, this will inevitably have an impact on how they play.

Until this week he seemed to be reluctant to smack down the discipline problems. On Monday after Thurman's arrest he cleaned out his locker and said Thurman would not be back. He also IR'd Frostee Rucker today. Rucker's injuries were minor so his legal troubles were likely the reason for it. Marvin is definitley on a war path with the character thing and in my opinion it is about time. This team has a chance to do something special and guys that will do things to jeopardize that shouldn't be allowed to be a part of it.

Thanks for the comments on the Carson injury. You can see in the video that Von Oelhoffen not only drives his shoulder into the knee but grabs the lower leg and twists it. I won't say he definitley did it on purpose, but it certainly looks bad. We still have some payback to dish out for that, knocking them from playoff contention in December would be another step int he right direction.

Mike the Brit said:
Hello Cicero -- let me add my welcome. It's a pleasure to have a visit from other teams' fans who aren't out to troll.

I didn't see the Bengals' first game, but I did see the game against Pitt. While there was plenty to admire -- above all, the spirit that put the absence of Chad Johnson to one side -- how did you think Rudi Johnson was running? Even allowing for Pittsburgh having an excellent D, he seemed quite slow and tentative to me. Is that fair?

He typically looks like that in the beginning of a game but gets stronger as the game wears on. The Steelers are a tough team to wear down though. We also had some problems getting them blocked. Our starting center has a fractured tibia and the back up is talented but inexperienced at calling blocking schemes.

F0nSY said:
Cicero,We will win this Sunday :p

If you do I will be the first to stop and congratulate you. Tell your team to pack a lunch though, if they win they will have to do it the hard way.

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Why do the Bengals have to be so dammm good?!?!?

It was a lot more fun when you guys were the doormats of the league and a locked in "W" for your opponents!

(Hey, wait a minute, people say that about the Pats, too!)

Just kidding...Thanks for coming in peace and talking football!

Looking forward to this week's game, though I am not sure why!

Our only hope, really, is to get a lot of pressure on Palmer and keep him from killing us!

ADPF

Your team was actually a source of inspiration during the dark years. That game in 2004 also showed us how far we had come. I left your stadium feeling bad about the loss, but comforted by the fact that we gave the best team in football all they could handle.

Well for every down cycle there comes an up cycle. So enjoy your good times. I know how it feels to watch a terrible team. And it's not much fun.

As for the Pats versus the Bengals right now our team looks very disoriented and I'm not sure who's hurt and who isn't. I'm hoping the Pats can rebound but their key personnel seem to keep getting hurt and I'm wondering if Brady is really ok to go whether that problem is mental or physical or both...

Well have fun watching the game. I hope it's not as bitter a pill to swallow as the Denver game.

Cicero said:
Howdy Pats fans. Just wanted to stop in and say hello and that I am really looking forward to this week's game. My Bengals are being hyped like crazy right now and I am cautiously optomistic, but hype doesn't win football games.

I have been following your team for a while, they always brought me hope during the dark years of Bengal football. I was on one of your message boards the night of your first superbowl win chatting it up with your fellow fans. They were very understanding of my plight as your team went through a similar drought. That win gave me hope that it could happen in Cincinnati. That time now appears closer than ever and this weeks game will be a great measuring stick for my Bengals.

Good luck and here's to an injury free hard fought game for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back