PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hello from Bengal Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

Rookie
Reaction score
Howdy Pats fans. Just wanted to stop in and say hello and that I am really looking forward to this week's game. My Bengals are being hyped like crazy right now and I am cautiously optomistic, but hype doesn't win football games.

I have been following your team for a while, they always brought me hope during the dark years of Bengal football. I was on one of your message boards the night of your first superbowl win chatting it up with your fellow fans. They were very understanding of my plight as your team went through a similar drought. That win gave me hope that it could happen in Cincinnati. That time now appears closer than ever and this weeks game will be a great measuring stick for my Bengals.

Good luck and here's to an injury free hard fought game for both teams.

Thanks, here's to a good game. Looks like the Patriots secondary will have their hands full this Sunday!

I think that the hype isnt too bad. The offense of the Bengals is simply awesome. Houshmanzadeh may be better then lots of #1's I have seen around the league. Henry is good also. And the Bengals defense does cause interceptions, so thats something to look for. I hate to do it but I do feel like we will lose to the Bengals and hopefully not get slaughtered.

I always appreciate an even-handed post from other fans. Good luck to you too. Here's to no injuries! (I hope your LBs don't do to Brady what they did to Trent, lol)

Cicero said:

It's nice to meet a gracious fan from the opposition on these boards. I always like to see teams that were considered "jokes" by most of the media finally make it (or on the cusp of making it). The Bengals are heading in the right direction. They have a very good passing offense and a stout D (when fully manned).

Kudos for staying with your team through the lean years. Lord knows we've had plenty of them here in New England. Good luck on Sunday! :)

Brownfan80 said:
I always appreciate an even-handed post from other fans. Good luck to you too. Here's to no injuries! (I hope your LBs don't do to Brady what they did to Trent, lol)

I hope they don't either, I hate injuries in football on any team. I appreciate the kind words. Your fans have always been a classy bunch.

As for our linebackers, just look out for out of control SUV's with vomit flying out the window and you will be okay.

Always nice to get a decent fan from an opposing team. There is alot of hype for your team but so far its deserved. I never really liked chad johnson but i am a huge fan of TJ. Hopefully no inuries to either team.

Cicero said:
I hope they don't either, I hate injuries in football on any team. I appreciate the kind words. Your fans have always been a classy bunch.

As for our linebackers, just look out for out of control SUV's with vomit flying out the window and you will be okay.

It just goes to prove that classiness begets classiness. We need more posts like this.

Cicero said:

Thanks for the tip.

Could you give us a run down of how you think your D matches up against the evolving NE O? I think most here recognize the greatness of Cincy's O, but your D flies under the radar.

Cicero said:

Wait, vomit flying out of LBs? We saw that last week with Patrick Chukwurah. LoL.

oldskool138 said:
It just goes to prove that classiness begets classiness. We need more posts like this.

Thanks. You will probably see some trolls this week, but they are generally fans that didn't even know we existed before 2005. I have been a fan of my team since the 1980's and having been through thick and thin (a lot more thin than thick unfortunately) with my team I see very little value in talking trash. I leave that for the kids and band wagoneers.

Cicero said:
Thanks. You will probably see some trolls this week, but they are generally fans that didn't even know we existed before 2005. I have been a fan of my team since the 1980's and having been through thick and thin (a lot more thin than thick unfortunately) with my team I see very little value in talking trash. I leave that for the kids and band wagoneers.

Yeah, those new guys are total bandwagoners.

I have been following the Pats since way back in February of 2002, just like most everyone here. :p :cool:

Oswlek said:
Thanks for the tip.

Could you give us a run down of how you think your D matches up against the evolving NE O? I think most here recognize the greatness of Cincy's O, but your D flies under the radar.

The defense is a work in progress. Pittsburgh ran over us a bit, but they tend to run over everybody outside of Jacksonville. If they stay in their gaps and play disciplined football they have the potential to be pretty good. I have seen a lot more tackles in the backfield this year than every before.

Our secondary will give up the occasional big play but they are the biggest strength of our defense. They are fast, have great hands and are very opportunistic. Watch out for #40, Williams is the most underrated safety out there. He hits hard and has an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time.

If you guys commit to establishing the run and are patient with it you should see things open up a bit. Our defense struggles against good tight ends and is Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to pass rush.

Oswlek said:

I have been following the Pats since way back in February of 2002, just like most everyone here. :p :cool:

hey hey come on now, been following since 1997. I am an old timer lol. :D

Cicero said:
The defense is a work in progress. Pittsburgh ran over us a bit, but they tend to run over everybody outside of Jacksonville. If they stay in their gaps and play disciplined football they have the potential to be pretty good. I have seen a lot more tackles in the backfield this year than every before.

Our secondary will give up the occasional big play but they are the biggest strength of our defense. They are fast, have great hands and are very opportunistic. Watch out for #40, Williams is the most underrated safety out there. He hits hard and has an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time.

If you guys commit to establishing the run and are patient with it you should see things open up a bit. Our defense struggles against good tight ends and is Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to pass rush.

I look forward to seeing our good friend delta o'neal (he's still with you guys right?). I still remember the game in Devner where he made the mistake off the safety punt and gave us great field position to win the game.

Oswlek said:

I was a bandwagon fan in the beginning myself. I jumped on the 1988 bandwagon with no idea how long it would be until we finally had a good team again. I tried to get over them in the 1990's but by that time I was bleeding orange and black and there was no cure for it.

desi-patsfan said:
I look forward to seeing our good friend delta o'neal (he's still with you guys right?). I still remember the game in Devner where he made the mistake off the safety punt and gave us great field position to win the game.

Deltha has revived his career in Cincinnati. He still gambles a lot, but wins more than he loses when he does. Sometimes a change of scenery is just what a player needs.

Cicero, welcome aboard. It's possible I remember you from the Super Bowl night - either way, please stick around, or at least visit, after the game. I have had the Bengals down as a Pats loss since the day the shcedule came out - we're hopeful, but most of us are realistic about where the Pats are as a team right now.

Credit to you for sticking with Cincy through the hin times and congrats on steadily getting to a place where Super Bowl aspirations are not pipe dreams.

We will have our hands full with your offence,no doubt about that.Hope we can keep it close.

Cicero said:
Howdy Pats fans. Just wanted to stop in and say hello and that I am really looking forward to this week's game. My Bengals are being hyped like crazy right now and I am cautiously optomistic, but hype doesn't win football games.

I have been following your team for a while, they always brought me hope during the dark years of Bengal football. I was on one of your message boards the night of your first superbowl win chatting it up with your fellow fans. They were very understanding of my plight as your team went through a similar drought. That win gave me hope that it could happen in Cincinnati. That time now appears closer than ever and this weeks game will be a great measuring stick for my Bengals.

Thanks for the post. Nice to have you around. One of my best friends lives down in Cincy, and I was trying to get down to this game, but I'm unable to do so. I watched the Pats-Jags playoff game down there, and was in town during the Steelers-Bengals playoff game. You're right about the city- they've just been waiting for that team to do something. They have Bengals fever. Hopefully it will be subdued for 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes