PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heath Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
shmessy said:
Who says we have to give any of them up until week 6?

I'd like to see Cobbs, Evans and Mills all make the team next week, with Pass on the PUP.

Mills can be called our very versatile 4th TE.

We have only 2 QB's , saving a spot.

We could have just 4 WR's, saving a spot. (Great TE's and ball catching RB's help us here).

Therefore Dillon, Maroney, Faulk, Cobbs and Evans make the team. Cobbs and Evans then vy in an extended tryout Death Match for the first 6 weeks until the decision has to be made when (if) Pass is ready to come back.

Pass has age working against him. Not that he's old but that the others are younger and may have upside potential. With Pass we know what we've got which is journeyman backup with no threat to play regularly. Evans offers cold season goaline power and Cobbs may offer potential later year Kevin Faulk replacement with a bit more size and inside running power.

I report, the coaches decide.

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
Pass has age working against him. Not that he's old but that the others are younger and may have upside potential. With Pass we know what we've got which is journeyman backup with no threat to play regularly. Evans offers cold season goaline power and Cobbs may offer potential later year Kevin Faulk replacement with a bit more size and inside running power.

I report, the coaches decide.

I'll take a healthy Patrick Pass over Heath Evans every day of the week and twice on Sundays in all three areas: Running, blocking and Special Teams.

He's 29. Evans is 27. Not a big age difference.

PatsFan37 said:
First, I wanted to bump this thread, it's a real good one . . .
As far as Cobbs, he's looking good, but people forget how good Chapman looked last year against 2nd stringers. It's not only the lack of quality of 2nd stringers in stopping the run, it's that a defense needs experience working together in game situations to stop an agile runner. We don't know how Cobbs will look against a 1st string defense where the holes are small and close quickly and the edges are sealed. . . .

Just to throw in a potentially overlooked possibility, does anyone know if Cobbs & Evans have been running on the scout team against OUR first stringers? If he, or Evans have been going against the firsts and still looking pretty good then that's info that only the coaches know as to what the real upside and potential of either of them really is at this time. If Cobbs HAS been looking really good you can bet your butt they will protect him somehow because it might be the best move for the team's future, not just for the now. The next batch of cuts is going to be very, very telling on the coaches real opinions of some players.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
Who says we have to give any of them up until week 6?

I'd like to see Cobbs, Evans and Mills all make the team next week, with Pass on the PUP.

Mills can be called our very versatile 4th TE.

We have only 2 QB's , saving a spot.

We could have just 4 WR's, saving a spot. (Great TE's and ball catching RB's help us here).

Therefore Dillon, Maroney, Faulk, Cobbs and Evans make the team. Cobbs and Evans then vy in an extended tryout Death Match for the first 6 weeks until the decision has to be made when (if) Pass is ready to come back.
I could get behind that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back