PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Heath Evans RIPS Donkey Kong Suh.

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I was listening to WEEI this afternoon and you would think Suh pulled a Jameis Winston/Ben Roethlisberger on Evans' mother. Wow! He starts out by pointing out that Suh doesn't play well in playoff games. Not a large sample size, but fair enough. He said he doesn't perform well against good Offensive Lines. That he is soft, lazy, takes plays off and if there is even a hint of a cut block he will back away from the play and give up on it. Said he wouldn't last a day in New England, that his contract set the Dolphins back years. He said that he is just a big strong guy, not a football player, that he doesn't learn from his mistakes, that if anything, he's getting worse instead of better. That he is stealing from the Dolphins and that if he wasn't making so much money, Tom Brady wouldn't even know who Suh was because the Patriots have been dominating him and slapping him around for years. He didn't say it, but he clearly thinks Donkey Kong is a joke. Interestingly, he didn't touch on the fact that Suh is by far one of the dirtiest players in the league. There is probably some stuff I forgot, but he absolutely unloaded on DK.

I don't disagree with any of it. I mean Seymour is a finalist in Hall of Fame voting and he always seemed to disappear against elite offensive lines. Nobody mentions that. I think people tend to pile on Suh because he's so easy to hate. I know I do. It was just shocking to hear Heath go after a guy that hard.

I was listening to WEEI this afternoon and you would think Suh pulled a Jameis Winston/Ben Roethlisberger on Evans' mother. Wow! He starts out by pointing out that Suh doesn't play well in playoff games. Not a large sample size, but fair enough. He said he doesn't perform well against good Offensive Lines. That he is soft, lazy, takes plays off and if there is even a hint of a cut block he will back away from the play and give up on it. Said he wouldn't last a day in New England, that his contract set the Dolphins back years. He said that he is just a big strong guy, not a football player, that he doesn't learn from his mistakes, that if anything, he's getting worse instead of better. That he is stealing from the Dolphins and that if he wasn't making so much money, Tom Brady wouldn't even know who Suh was because the Patriots have been dominating him and slapping him around for years. He didn't say it, but he clearly thinks Donkey Kong is a joke. Interestingly, he didn't touch on the fact that Suh is by far one of the dirtiest players in the league. There is probably some stuff I forgot, but he absolutely unloaded on DK.

I don't disagree with any of it. I mean Seymour is a finalist in Hall of Fame voting and he always seemed to disappear against elite offensive lines. Nobody mentions that. I think people tend to pile on Suh because he's so easy to hate. I know I do. It was just shocking to hear Heath go after a guy that hard.
When did Seymour disappear against elite offensive lines?

Dolphins have to be the biggest collection of ***** in the league. Stills and Suh leading the way. They have a lot of knuckle heads they need to get rid of. One thing to be confident, another to be idiotic.

I heard it, also. Evans certainly didn't pull any punches.

The Dolphins are preparing to move on from the defensive tackle in 2018, the source said, and are prepared to absorb a hefty -- but hardly impossible -- 2019 dead cap hit to do so.

Suh is signed through 2020, but the full guarantees in his contract have been paid out. If he is still on Miami's roster on the fifth day of the 2018 league year, then $8.5M of next year's salary becomes guaranteed, which all but ensures Miami will move on from him by then. Suh will make $60M in his first three years with the Dolphins.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...not-in-the-dolphins-plans-beyond-2017-season/

Agree. I'd like to know games and years when that happened.

He has nothing.

The poster is an overly dramatic bullshitter. I got into it with him on the Terry Glenn thread.

Your comments about Seymour are among the most ignorant I’ve seen in years.

Suh was garbage in Detroit, that’s why they didn’t attempt to keep him.

He was the big name free agent when Miami signed, another AFC east team that doesn' know how to assemble a team like BB does, thus his dominance for years in the division.

Setting aside how dirty Suh is, I get the impression that he is a lazy player. Granted, I don't follow the Lions/Dolphins quite as closely as I do the Patriots, but he seems to give a less than stellar effort in practice and in games.

I have never seen a defensive player dominate a single game the way Suh dominated the Big XII Championship Game of (something like) 7 years ago. He's no scrub, but that level of dominance just didn't translate into the professional level.

Dang, Suh is already 30?

Suh is a player who has all the talent in the world. I'd say he has HOF talent. But he just doesn't have the discipline and motivation to get to that level.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back