PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Health Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a smash mouth FB like Sam Gash, Lorenzo Neal, Mack Strong etc. Regarding Strong, he was very close to becoming a Patriot the last time he was a free agent.

Do you even watch this team play?

We need a smash mouth FB like Sam Gash, Lorenzo Neal, Mack Strong etc. Regarding Strong, he was very close to becoming a Patriot the last time he was a free agent.

Yes, and Gash was the last smash mouth FB the Pats have had. (Tony Carter? Marc Edwards? Larry Centers? Fred McCrary? Patrick Pass?)

Last edited:
Yes, and Gash was the last smash mouth FB the Pats have had. (Tony Carter? Marc Edwards? Larry Centers? Fred McCrary? Patrick Pass?)

they may not have had one since the immortal sam gash but they went hard after mack strong even though strong is a decent pass catcher and more he is still a smash mouth fb :rocker:

Do you even watch this team play?

Another fool questioning my authority. Have you seen the running game this season? Would you say it has been inconsistant because of a lack of run blocking up front? Many teams that have a good ground game have a FB that can clear holes. Next.....

they may not have had one since the immortal sam gash but they went hard after mack strong even though strong is a decent pass catcher and more he is still a smash mouth fb :rocker:

Yes, I already covered that. Check my last post on page 2.

Most FB don't have the sexy stats. Evans doesn't block that well, he has he moments though.

We've never used a lead fullback much in the BB era. Most have been pass receiving types.

We use the tight ends a lot.

We've never used a lead fullback much in the BB era. Most have been pass receiving types.

Like Larry Centers

Its part of BB's scheme.

As far as the TE part ... you don't say? :D

Another fool questioning my authority. Have you seen the running game this season? Would you say it has been inconsistant because of a lack of run blocking up front? Many teams that have a good ground game have a FB that can clear holes. Next.....

u are completely right about our lack of consistency
but i dont think any of that was evans' fault
honestly we didnt even really use him much
but if u look back at all the long runs at the end of the yr
and evans was the lead blocker (and made a nice block) on all of them

Thearchives -

Did you intentionally misspell epitome in your signature?

Evans when on the field has been real good.He comes mostly in the redzone package with dillon and in most runs dillion was not even touched because of the blocking up front.people forget that when maroney broke free against the bengals dillion was blocking down field and graham too.

i think the problem with dan is he does not have the speed to lead block down feild i am hoping mills will provide a more downfield blocking threat with heath to open up.Allso , when dan came it most defences knew it was a run maybe that is what we are trying to avoid.

when you used SD to compare they have a OL /TE which blocks better than ours opening lorenzo to go downfield for a block which open LT open.

u are completely right about our lack of consistency
but i dont think any of that was evans' fault
honestly we didnt even really use him much
but if u look back at all the long runs at the end of the yr
and evans was the lead blocker (and made a nice block) on all of them

I never said it was Evans fault. I just think the Pats should try to get a fullback that can help clear holes like Neal, Strong or Richardson.

No. I'm lazy when it comes to spelling. Thanks for looking out. I would have never noticed it.

Hey 'chives, which one is it? Maroney or Calvin Johnson. :D Two players can't both be the epitome of tightness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back