PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haynesworth has 67% more tackles today than in 8 games as a Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert Haynesworth started today for the Bucs and had 4 tackles unassisted and one assist for a total of 5. In 8 games for the Patriots he had only 3, so he had 67% more tackles today than in 8 games as a Patriot.

Doesn't that make you wonder why he couldn't, or wouldn't, do that for us? Was it scheme? Was it the way he was being used? Did he suddenly get healthy in one week?

Discuss.

Probably has more to do with Haynesworth simply being on the field for more snaps. Look at the stat leaders by position and you'll find them dominated by teams with losing records. The reason for that is that those team's defenses are on the field so much, they end up making a ton of tackles. On a smaller scale a guy that is on a team that lost by 28 points is going to have a lot of tackles - because the opposing offense was on the field so much.

I would also say that Haynesworth is a much better fit for a one-gap scheme than a two-gap scheme. It was a relatively low-risk situation for the Pats, so I don't see it being as big a deal as some others do over the Haynesworth experiment not working out.

I think it was probably a combination of factors, including scheme, motivation and just being on the field. It does make me wonder why BB couldn't motivate him more. BB's people skills? That said, it seems that the Patriot mantra of "football being important to the player" has lost some of it's importance in the orgranization.

I think the biggest problem with Patriots defense is that they no longer have RC to dumb it down when the players are struggling. I recall RC saying when he was with the Patriots that "they need to take some bricks-off" implying that they need to simplify the defense for the younger players.

A better barometer will be how he plays now that the film will show how he will be used.

While it's true, he did more in 1 game then he did in NE, its early and lets see what happens over the final 8 games.

But more to my point. Part of the problems we've been talking about for 3 years is three fold. Poor drafting, lack of coaching (positional) up the draft picks and not playing into your strength..

Same ol history at this boards. Exactly 7 days ago: Albert will bounce back, he will be fine, you dont know what are talking about, not everything is showed in stats...

And now that

As usuall Boston area fans attack a player on his way out of town, the bottom line is the GM is killing the coach with all the personnel decisions going back to 2006. As it stands now we have no back up OL, we are skeleton crew at wr with no one that can get seperation and except for McCourty are you trying to tell me that the people starting in the dbackfield are better than Butler, Wheatly, Merriweather or even Sanders? I always believe what I see with my eyes and this team right now is on a runaway train down hill and why? It seems as though every decision has money tied to it, whether its the draft, FA or just team personnel decisions and i feel this way because how do you explain the decisions in the dbackfield?

You call it how you see it and then claim it has money tied to it yet none of the examples you gave other than Sanders was a money decision. Haynesworth was making $1.5 million to maybe $2.5 million with his incentives. Meriweather was 100% he wore out his welcome. Butler and Wheatley were making very little money.

Haynesworth did little today other than block a PAT. If he did make a difference, I would have no problem admitting it. Getting three tackles and an assist as a DT against a team that ran 44 times is not all that impressive.

Same ol history at this boards. Exactly 7 days ago: Albert will bounce back, he will be fine, you dont know what are talking about, not everything is showed in stats...

And now that

He could bounce back, but he didn't today. I never said that three weeks from now he could be a stud, but today was a mediocre start for that effort.

Albert Haynesworth started today for the Bucs and had 4 tackles unassisted and one assist for a total of 5. In 8 games for the Patriots he had only 3, so he had 67% more tackles today than in 8 games as a Patriot.

Doesn't that make you wonder why he couldn't, or wouldn't, do that for us? Was it scheme? Was it the way he was being used? Did he suddenly get healthy in one week?

Discuss.

The guy is an *******. That's my breakdown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand