PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Has Moss always referred to Brady as "Tommy"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewaylifeshouldbe

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Maybe this is old news and I never noticed it before, but has Randy Moss always called him "Tommy"?

"It was just a good read by Tommy. I read the defense. I think the corner was down, the safety was back to the right, so I just came all the way across the field. Tommy had faith in me, believed in me. We had good protection. Everything we did today was very well executed. The coaches got us prepared all week and we went out and made it happen."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/moss_qa.html

Maybe this is old news and I never noticed it before, but has Randy Moss always called him "Tommy"?

"It was just a good read by Tommy. I read the defense. I think the corner was down, the safety was back to the right, so I just came all the way across the field. Tommy had faith in me, believed in me. We had good protection. Everything we did today was very well executed. The coaches got us prepared all week and we went out and made it happen."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/moss_qa.html

Everybody on this team has referred to Tom as Tommy at one time or another. Charlie Weiss called him that all the time when he was here. It really is nothing new.

Moss can call him "Snuggles" if he wants, as long as he keeps playing like he did today.

I guess I never paid much attention to it then. I can understand Weiss doing it given his age and position to a young Brady, wasn't aware it was a common nickname when players addressed the press.

Thanks

Apparently everyone who knows Brady personally calls him Tommy. Even Michael Silver over at Yahoo! calls him Tommy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back