Welcome to PatsFans.com

Has Moss always referred to Brady as "Tommy"?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by thewaylifeshouldbe, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewaylifeshouldbe

thewaylifeshouldbe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe this is old news and I never noticed it before, but has Randy Moss always called him "Tommy"?

"It was just a good read by Tommy. I read the defense. I think the corner was down, the safety was back to the right, so I just came all the way across the field. Tommy had faith in me, believed in me. We had good protection. Everything we did today was very well executed. The coaches got us prepared all week and we went out and made it happen."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/moss_qa.html
  2. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

Everybody on this team has referred to Tom as Tommy at one time or another. Charlie Weiss called him that all the time when he was here. It really is nothing new.
  3. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +253 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

Moss can call him "Snuggles" if he wants, as long as he keeps playing like he did today.
  4. thewaylifeshouldbe

thewaylifeshouldbe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I guess I never paid much attention to it then. I can understand Weiss doing it given his age and position to a young Brady, wasn't aware it was a common nickname when players addressed the press.

Thanks
  5. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +917 / 5 / -4

Apparently everyone who knows Brady personally calls him Tommy. Even Michael Silver over at Yahoo! calls him Tommy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.