PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hard to believe this team isnt quite as bad as the 1990 team

1990 was our third year with season tickets, after the season ended a buddy said to me, tell me again why are we going to games, I said are you having fun tailgating he said yes, I said there ya go. Up until they hired Parcells I would sit down on the aluminum bench and I could spread out, put my feet up on the bench in front of me, lean back against the bench behind me, my buddies would be a couple spots over, I think in 1990 there might have been 20 thousand people at the games.

As far as it doesn’t matter if you lose by 50 or 1 point, a loss is a loss, in theory that is true but for someone like me who goes to every home game, it does make a difference if the game is over by halftime or it goes down to the wire.
That was my point between 1990 and this year, all but two games have come down to the wire, back then, not many did.

Other than the two blowout games the Pats have been in every other game with a chance to win if we had a capable QB and a couple other players on offense.

I know you've been getting killed in this thread for this take, but I understand what you're saying.

We're a league average offense away from playoff contention. It's a simple thing, true. Achieve a league average offense. But I don't know how easy or painless it will be to get there, given the significant gaps at key positions (such as QB), which I think is the other side of the argument.

That was my point between 1990 and this year, all but two games have come down to the wire, back then, not many did.
The 2000 team also lost 10 out of their 11 games by one score or less. Although they had a way more solid foundation on defense than this team does and I'd take Bledsoe as he was then over Jones today.

They've yet to really "expose" themselves like the 1990 team.
NGtkg4W.jpg

The sad thing is, and I never even realized it - Sunday's pathetic offense is pretty much Bill's #1 starting offense coming out of training camp. Credit to 98.5, as they were talking about this yesterday but Bill's offense vs NYG has 4/5 of his starting offensive line, his 1 and 2 receivers, his starting running back,, his starting qb, and his starting tight ends all started Sunday.
Yeeash !!

The sad thing is, and I never even realized it - Sunday's pathetic offense is pretty much Bill's #1 starting offense coming out of training camp. Credit to 98.5, as they were talking about this yesterday but Bill's offense vs NYG has 4/5 of his starting offensive line, his 1 and 2 receivers, his starting running back,, his starting qb, and his starting tight ends all started Sunday.

And you could easily claim that Brown - Strange - Andrews - Sow - Onwenu is the best possible OL combination out of everyone who's ever been in the building this season anyway.

Rham & Zeke (but without a 3rd-Down RB, which is ****ing Inexcusable) is now one of the better between-the-Tackles pairs in the league.

Gesicki & Captain Double-H aren't great, but they're not this bad either.

We sorely miss DawgHouse Bourne at WR; but Dorothy Parker & JJSanu is the bed Billy made at the other two spots.

Place those first 3 groups with a new GM, new HC, new QB, Obie as OC but with a dedicated QB Coach, Bourne, Pop, maybe Booty, and THREE new WRs, and this offense would at minimum become NFL-caliber, if not perhaps (depending on the new QB & WRs) Playoff-caliber.

One of my favorite games ever and most memorable was the game at the end of the season against the Giants. After the Patriots got blown out 14 weeks in a row they stayed toe to toe with the champs.

Of course it was only on the radio (I think, that’s where I listened to it with my dad)

That team is a bottom ten all time team easy. This years team is just your run of the mill awful

Other than the two blowout games the Pats have been in every other game with a chance to win if we had a capable QB and a couple other players on offense.

I agree but almost all bad, bottom of the league teams lack a capable QB. Common problem so it is curious that BB didn't avoid it.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back