PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hall of Fame Game - Dolphins look awful

Holy cow. The Dolphins' starting OL is terrible. Tannehill might not survive the 15 or so plays they want to have him run.

Didn't catch the game; did Dion Jordan player, if so how'd he look?

Martin's level of play is going to be a major key for the LOLphins. If he can hold up, they've got talent in the receiving area. If he folds like he's reportedly been doing so far this offseason, Miami may need 4 starter level QBs to get through the season.

i just turned it off...very sloppy and now all back ups....going to start season 4 of the wire now

Doing a rewatch currently in the middle of season 3.

Gotta love Bunny Colvin.

Besides general suckng, that neon aqua uniform looked wierd .

"wierd" looks weird too...but I did puke three minutes into the "game" trying to watch the rotten porpoises flip floppin' all over the field.

I predict after our 1st preseason game, there'll be threads like "Trade Brady, get 2 #1 and start Mallett", "Nate Solder is a waste of space", "Matt Patricia is calling terrible plays" or "McCourty's rookie season was a fluke"

Dolphins did look pretty bad, but they could have been not giving it their best effort. This is still preseason, and they have to play 5 games. I'm hopeful that the Fins are that bad during the regular season, but who knows. I'm sure excited to see the Pats play next week though!

I predict after our 1st preseason game, there'll be threads like "Trade Brady, get 2 #1 and start Mallett", "Nate Solder is a waste of space", "Matt Patricia is calling terrible plays" or "McCourty's rookie season was a fluke"

Hoping those kind of rants happen. I really get a good laugh out of them.

I'm more comfortable when my team looks bad in preseason than when it looks good......the regular seasons have a tendency to be the opposite

I watched the mistake prone first half. Not much to be taken away except miami has to clean up the mistakes. If Pats look that bad in their first game BB will be p!$$ed.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt without a bunch of players seeing action.

Still think they have a way to go before they reach the Patriot's level of play.

Going to be nice to watch the Patriot rookies and new additions in the first Preseason game. Brady and the WR's/TE's on the first series ( Especially if Sudfield is in their) and then watch the new defensive players.

Will be interesting to see how Mallett looks in his series.

Let's hope they escape with no injuries.

Go Pats

OL looks laughable and the right side of the defense looked soft against the run.

However, you can't read too much into pre-season...remember the Pats OL last year?

Exactly. I think the Dolphins are going to fall pretty far short of their preseason expectations this year, but the preseason is not where you want to make sweeping judgments about any team or particular unit on any team. We've seen occasions where the Pats have looked brutally awful on their particular first string units throughout the last few seasons, including a pathetic showing against the Lions in 2011, where they finished as Super Bowl runners-up and one dropped pass or fumble recovery away from being Super Bowl winners.

The point of a having a preseason is to get a team prepared and ready for the regular season. So I'll wait until the season starts before even attempting to judge the Phins, or any other team for that matter. Way too soon and a bit pointless to be rushing to judgement after only one game.

I'm more comfortable when my team looks bad in preseason than when it looks good......the regular seasons have a tendency to be the opposite

I think it's good to have one or two stinkers in the preseason. It keeps the younger players grounded and gives the coaches plenty to work with to keep everyone "motivated".

Didn't catch the game; did Dion Jordan player, if so how'd he look?

One of the few dolphin bright spots , in one series on consecutive plays , hammered the QB, hammered running back, then dropped into coverage ....versatile and fast .

I'll say this about this game - if Jonathan Martin is facing up against a healthy Chandler Jones, watch out because Tannehill is going to get crushed. Martin looks a step or two too slow.

Jones may get double digit sacks. Just in the first 'Phins game. :D

They'll need multiple TE's just to help out the O-line.

Didn't catch the game; did Dion Jordan play, if so how'd he look?

Nothing special IMO. I hardly noticed him. But of course it's early.

Besides general suckng, that neon aqua uniform looked wierd .

Whoa! Those are for real? I just though the color on my new TV wasn't adjusted right. I think I'm gonna need sunglasses for Dolphins game.

That pastel color is reminiscent of the awful creamsickle era Buccaneers. (The play was too.)

Jones may get double digit sacks. Just in the first 'Phins game. :D

They'll need multiple TE's just to help out the O-line.

The Phins did some "good" things this summer.

With that said - they made a lot of mistakes this summer as well and the first one was not keeping Long at left tackle.

I don't think Martin is as quick as some scouts think and just watching him last night, it appeared that he was trying to get an early jump on the snap so that he could make up a step that he was losing.

Based on last night, he looked susceptible to the swim move on the inside.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back