PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ha! NOW we know why BM was gunning for Heap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an issue with our players smashing the opposition. I have an issue with Meriweather's intent and the penalty it incited keeping the Ravens moving the chains where it would have been 3rd and 7 rather than 1st and 10.

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with our players smashing the opposition. I have an issue with Meriweather's intent and the penalty it incited keeping the Ravens moving the chains where it would have been 3rd and 7 rather than 1st and 10.

Is that you BB?

Is that you BB?
If football IQ = looks, then BB is Brad Pitt and I look like this...

fat-bastard.jpg

I'm not saying he was successful or even justified. Just pointing out it didn't occur in a vacuum.

It seldom does. Brandon freely admits that he runs his mouth incessantly on the field. Apparently Cunningham was dishing it out pretty good all game and what he netted was a 15 yard penalty AGAINST Baltimore that helped his team win...

If football IQ = looks, then BB is Brad Pitt and I look like this...

fat-bastard.jpg
I believe it, the ladies in Perth have told me as much about the blokes. :p

Not sure if your comments are directed at me or the board in general, but I never defended BM's head-first launch that drew the flag and ultimate fine. I agree that it was uncalled for. But I found the fact that Heap taunted the defense prior to his score to be significant.

In general. Sorry, but I usually quote people so the topic of my reply is clear. You're not a poster I would castigate (sorry the 50 cent words are coming today, I will not deny them. Wish they'd come when I'm actually trying to write, but that's life:D.)

There's a bunch of "swagger" etc. stuff on the board and I'm not going to each thread.

Don't want to use the name "Stingley" but it's in the back of my mind when I see plays like that.

I'm glad you pointed that out because my girlfriend has control of the TV right now and I can't watch the replay.

Did someone say something about girly men?

C'mon Kontra! Stand up in front of that TV, put your foot down and say "oh please honey, can I watch the Pats replay? Pretty please?"

He still didn't deserve to get speared the way he did. But he should have been expecting something after that. I'm glad you pointed that out because my girlfriend has control of the TV right now and I can't watch the replay.

You only have one TV? When you get a house you gotta set yourself up with a mancave with a fridge, bathroom and TV, I can go a week without seeing my wife :D

Reading this thread, all I can think of is "Are you Man Enough" ~Denis Leary. Seriously, what is this, the 'when men were men and sheep were scared' club? The guy made a bad hit. It was dumb. He took a penalty, a scolding and a fine. There was not a good 'reason' for it. Had he made a play on the ball and grabbed an INT, maybe then he'd have had a vagina? I guess that must make it a good thing since it would have been the smart play.

To me, you stop him on the field. He was already in someone's grasp, it was a bush play IMO.

If he's running around free and you get a good hit on him, that's fine. It works both ways. Don't complain about hits from other teams, then say it's great to launch and spear a guy that's being held because it's our team. Just my opinion.

Rodney had some hits i questioned, but i don't recall him piling on or spearing someone being held, though i could be wrong, he had his chippy moments.

I remember it once. Keep in mind the Patriots caught Rodney during his gentler years.

There really isn't an excuse for Meriweather's hit. It was helmet to helmet. Intentional or not, Meriweather should have played smart and not lowered his head and hit Heap clearly after he lost the ball.

Who cares if Heap was talking smack? That is part of the game IMO, no need for the illegal hit Just like there was no need for Cunningham to be pushed later in the game by (?) even though Cunningham was up in his grill.

Tonight's NFLN replay is giving some good insight, thanks to the candid conversations. After he scored his touchdown Heap came off the field and told the coach, "Thanks for calling that [play]. Because the play before that I told them I was going to score."

Sort of puts a new slant on things. Although it still doesn't excuse the more blatant head launch later, it represents BM "answering" the Ravens' "intimidation" factor.

Yep, Heap did score and "BM" did nothing to stop him. That's the problem with "BM". "BM" does not make plays that stop the opposition from scoring or from even catching the ball and making 1st downs.
Btw, "BM" describes Meriweather's game perfectly. :rofl:

PS- I have a theory about "BM". The reason "BM" constantly tries to prove him manhood on the field is because when he opens his mouth off the field it's very much in doubt. ;) "BM's" weekly giggle session with Dale and Holley show is downright hilarious......sad and pathetic but hilarious.

I wonder how Meriweather and Heap became friends :confused: dumb play by Meriweather. He's a very talented player so hopefully he gets his head screwed on right.

Btw, "BM" describes Meriweather's game perfectly. :rofl:

Yes, he was hitting like a regular bull moose out there ... beastly mutha ... bad mofo ... bodacious mauler ... blindly malevolent ... born motivated ...

Tonight's NFLN replay is giving some good insight, thanks to the candid conversations. After he scored his touchdown Heap came off the field and told the coach, "Thanks for calling that [play]. Because the play before that I told them I was going to score."

Sort of puts a new slant on things. Although it still doesn't excuse the more blatant head launch later, it represents BM "answering" the Ravens' "intimidation" factor.

That's a stretch. I don't see that putting a new slant on anything. Reading this thread I wonder how is that "smack"? Maybe smack for a book club. And how is that "significant" to the BM hit and fine? Heap told them he was going to score? That's probably the mildest thing said on the field all day. And told who? A offensive player telling a defensive player he is going to score is "intimidation"?

Last edited:
He still didn't deserve to get speared the way he did. But he should have been expecting something after that. I'm glad you pointed that out because my girlfriend has control of the TV right now and I can't watch the replay.

Tell her who's boss man,and grab that damn remote out of her hands!!!

I'll bet it's that friggin lifetime channel...right???

I've been a victim of that channel now and then :(

Last edited:
You only have one TV? When you get a house you gotta set yourself up with a mancave with a fridge, bathroom and TV, I can go a week without seeing my wife :D

Nah, we have more than one. It's just that the only TV in the house that has NFLN on it is the flatscreen in the living room... and that was tuned into re-runs of Jersey Shore. :(

Reading this thread, all I can think of is "Are you Man Enough" ~Denis Leary. Seriously, what is this, the 'when men were men and sheep were scared' club? The guy made a bad hit. It was dumb. He took a penalty, a scolding and a fine. There was not a good 'reason' for it. Had he made a play on the ball and grabbed an INT, maybe then he'd have had a vagina? I guess that must make it a good thing since it would have been the smart play.

Easy to say from a fan's perspective. Unfortunately, Meriweather has a split second to make the decision... and he made the decision to make the hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye