PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ha! NOW we know why BM was gunning for Heap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. The only hit I would've fined from this weekend is Harrison's hit on Cribbs. The other 3 were either fairly accidental (Meriweather, other Harrison) or not helmet-to-helmet (Robinson).

The Cribbs hit is the only hit that can't be brought into question. It was a perfectly legal hit, because he was a RB on that play. RB's are not "protected", just QB's and defenseless WR's.

But Harrison clearly lowered his helmet intentionally to hit Cribbs' helmet. Intent should be the 1st factor in weighing any punishment.

Just make it two hand touch already! That's exciting right?

"WOW look at that great two hand touch! I bet he's sore in the morning!"

"Dang what a two hand touch tackle that was nice! I bet he thinks twice before he goes over the middle agian."

I don't think head hunting should be allowed but at the same time, these guys make millions of dollars for what they do, it should not be easy and it should come with some sacrifices/consequences.

You don't like it? don't play it....

You don't like it? don't watch it.....

Don't go out and internally try to hurt someone but at the same time, this is a gladiator sport and bad things are going too happen, that's why you get paid the big bucks! Ever since dip**** Roger Goodell came in the NFL has been loosing steam and has changed for the worse.

Don't go out and internally try to hurt someone but at the same time, this is a gladiator sport and bad things are going too happen, that's why you get paid the big bucks! Ever since dip**** Roger Goodell came in the NFL has been loosing steam and has changed for the worse.

Really...so that's why a horrible, boring, pathetic week 6 MNF blowout trounced a World Series game in the ratings?

I dislike Goodell as much as the next guy - only b/c of spygate - but there is no arguing, the NFL is the model-sport right now, and is the most successful and best-run of the 4 major team sports, by far.

As for the other stuff in your post - these guys make enough sacrifices without having to worry about having mush for brains when they get older. As for them making the big bucks - the average career is 3 or 4 years, and the average salary of an NFL player over that 3 or 4 year span is not nearly enough to live off of after a career. You can't ask these guys to risk both their physical AND mental abilities going forward when the majority of them will need to find careers after the game. The head blows need to be removed from the game. Period.

Last edited:
He still didn't deserve to get speared the way he did. But he should have been expecting something after that. I'm glad you pointed that out because my girlfriend has control of the TV right now and I can't watch the replay.

Nah, we have more than one. It's just that the only TV in the house that has NFLN on it is the flatscreen in the living room... and that was tuned into re-runs of Jersey Shore. :(

You got veto'd from football for re-runs of "Jersey Shore"...?!
There are support groups out there that can help man.

Anyway, on to BM.
Hit hard, don't draw penalties. Seems simple enough!

I think you need a new tv my friend. It was clearly not helmet to helmet. In fact it wasn't even shoulder to helmet. It was shoulder to chest.

No, I don't. Robinson lowered his helmet going in for the hit. That's a fact. Why the media is saying that it wasn't helmet to helmet contact is beyond me. Perhaps they would like to answer how, not one, but BOTH of the players involved received concussions? Simply put: that wouldn't happen if there wasn't helmet to helmet contact involved there.

:eek::eek::eek: You need a second tv in the house. Fighting with the gf is a losing proposition, despite what others have suggested. But you can get a cheap 13 inch TV for about $100. If your GF is so domineering that she insists you watch what she wants to watch with her....get a new GF.

We have three televisions in the house. The flat screen in the living room (the one that she was watching last night) is the only one with NFLN and DVR though. :(

No, I don't. Robinson lowered his helmet going in for the hit. That's a fact. Why the media is saying that it wasn't helmet to helmet contact is beyond me. Perhaps they would like to answer how, not one, but BOTH of the players involved received concussions? Simply put: that wouldn't happen if there wasn't helmet to helmet contact involved there.

Their heads probably connected after the initial hit, but yeah I agree with the media(those who have access to the video 24/7) because you can see Dunta lead with his shoulder. Keep in mind it was DeSean's speed that made the contact so vicious. It wasn't like Dunta had more than a half a second to decide what to do.

Last edited:
The Cribbs hit is the only hit that can't be brought into question. It was a perfectly legal hit, because he was a RB on that play. RB's are not "protected", just QB's and defenseless WR's.

According to the latest "VP" the NFLN had on yesterday that is incorrect. He said anybody can be considered defenseless.

There is absolutely no helmet-to-helmet hits that are legal. It doesn't matter what position the player is.

You can get a concussion from the whiplash effect.. Doesn't have to be helmet to helmet, which this hit wasn't. Yes he lowered his head, he also moved it to the side and lead with his shoulder.

Last edited:
so let's recap:

Meriweather hit = illegal

James Harrison hit(Cribbs) = illegal

Dunta Robinson hit = legal

Their heads probably connected after the initial hit, but yeah I agree with the media(those who have access to the video 24/7) because you can see Dunta lead with his shoulder. Keep in mind it was DeSean's speed that made the contact so vicious. It wasn't like Dunta had more than a half a second to decide what to do.

I suggest you look at the Robinson hit from the alternate angle from the one that they presented on the TV. Robinson DEFINITELY lowered and led with his helmet. The hit was only legal because his shoulder was the first to make contact. But, make no mistake about it: the helmet was lowered and the top of the helmet made contact with Jackson's face mask which spurred the concussions they received. If the shoulder had absorbed the full brunt of that hit (which might have been his intent), then it would have been only Jackson who received that concussion instead of both guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft