Guregian: Brady "had hand" in getting McDaniels back to NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
She also echoes Bedard that Belichick believes Brady has gotten Kraft to increase his level of interference:

As for Belichick, he is reportedly irritated because he believes Brady tugged on Robert Kraft to make moves (Jimmy Garoppolo, Josh McDaniels) which ultimately forced Belichick’s hand. My sources confirm Brady had a hand in bringing McDaniels back at the 11th hour, after the latter was headed to Indianapolis to be the Colts coach.

But does it matter if the head coach and quarterback are still bickering when training camp starts Thursday? The short answer is no.

While it would make many in Patriot Nation feel better if the duo ironed out some of their differences — coming to some compromise on Guerrero, agreeing to terms on an extension, etc. — it really doesn’t have to happen for them to be successful this season.

NFL Notes: Tom Brady-Bill Belichick relationship beside the point

She also echoes Bedard that Belichick believes Brady has gotten Kraft to increase his level of interference:

As for Belichick, he is reportedly irritated because he believes Brady tugged on Robert Kraft to make moves (Jimmy Garoppolo, Josh McDaniels) which ultimately forced Belichick’s hand. My sources confirm Brady had a hand in bringing McDaniels back at the 11th hour, after the latter was headed to Indianapolis to be the Colts coach.

But does it matter if the head coach and quarterback are still bickering when training camp starts Thursday? The short answer is no.

While it would make many in Patriot Nation feel better if the duo ironed out some of their differences — coming to some compromise on Guerrero, agreeing to terms on an extension, etc. — it really doesn’t have to happen for them to be successful this season.

NFL Notes: Tom Brady-Bill Belichick relationship beside the point
if im belichick im pissed at the owner. and i wouldnt be happy with the qb either. once BB is gone. this team is going to sink like a ship.

if im belichick im pissed at the owner. and i wouldnt be happy with the qb either. once BB is gone. this team is going to sink like a ship.

Maybe, but it's not a given. You don't lose the greatest HC of all time and not take several steps backwards, but the Krafts have proven to be very committed to winning. Short of lightning striking twice, we'll never see this type of dominance again but competent ownership is a big part of a franchise's success.

Exactly. Her article is a pretty reasonable take but it will be blown out of proportion. This season every dropped pass or having to punt will be traced back to Kraft and Brady bullying Belichick into trading Jimmy and keeping Josh. With the local press there isn't a single move the Patriots make that isn't accompanied by "Bad Moon Rising" playing in the background.

BB deserves 100% control. Nobody works harder.

Still, BB puts the team first above all. Speaks volumes about his character. DC BB was critical of Parcells Super Bowl week for putting himself before the team. If BB is unhappy we will not know until he steps down.

If Brady was going over BBs head to get Kraft to do something, I seriously doubt BB would tolerate it. It's the NFL and not the NBA.

Also, does this seem like an action Brady would take? It would run counter to everything he's talked about as a person.

I didn't read the article (not out of protest, I'm just in one of those moods where reading things makes me go cross-eyed), but "having a hand" is such a generic term that it's almost meaningless. Having a hand could be as simple as telling Kraft (AND Belichick), it would be ideal if Josh could stay until the end of my career so we don't have to start over. That's a sentiment I'm sure was shared and taken into consideration.

I didn't read the article (not out of protest, I'm just in one of those moods where reading things makes me go cross-eyed), but "having a hand" is such a generic term that it's almost meaningless. Having a hand could be as simple as telling Kraft (AND Belichick), it would be ideal if Josh could stay until the end of my career so we don't have to start over. That's a sentiment I'm sure was shared and taken into consideration.
Nothing's certain without a pinkie swear.

I just can’t make sense out of Belichick being upset about McDaniels being back... no matter how it was done. He’s the best OC in the league and provides the coaching staff and the offense continuity. Then again, this is a type of move we used to rake Manning over the coals for around these parts (if the report is true).

1336695220353_1038168.png

I just can’t make sense out of Belichick being upset about McDaniels being back... no matter how it was done. He’s the best OC in the league and provides the coaching staff and the offense continuity. Then again, this is a type of move we used to rake Manning over the coals for around these parts (if the report is true).
Perhaps he had asked Kraft to find a way to keep him before Brady's "hand" was displayed? Not really concerned any which way.

If BB is upset about McDaniels being back I bet it is because of McDaniels being HC-in-waiting. Not because he begrudges McDaniels getting the job ultimately but because it sets the stage for bigger/worse conflicts. What happens if BB and McD have a fundamental disagreement about some transaction? Especially if McD really is there because of Brady/Kraft interference? BB might see this being/leading to a constraint on his freedom of action.

Meh...

Colts talk to Josh
Josh asks Bill when he is retiring. Bill says no idea. Focused on winning the SB.
Josh takes Colts job.
Bill ponders future after SB. Really needs Josh but also wonders how much longer he can do this. Maybe Josh can pick up some admin ops slack as he grooms the next DC. Will position him better as HC of NEP and as a HC if Bill stays till 2093.
Bill and Bob talk. The agree on the pitch to Josh plus more $$$
Josh goes hmmmmm.
Kraft sweetens the pot
Josh talks to Tom asks him about TB12 future.
Tom says he is playing until Gisele tells him he can't
Josh stays.

Maybe, but it's not a given. You don't lose the greatest HC of all time and not take several steps backwards, but the Krafts have proven to be very committed to winning. Short of lightning striking twice, we'll never see this type of dominance again but competent ownership is a big part of a franchise's success.
im not sure how competent the ownership is anymore.

Meh...

Colts talk to Josh
Josh asks Bill when he is retiring. Bill says no idea. Focused on winning the SB.
Josh takes Colts job.
Bill ponders future after SB. Really needs Josh but also wonders how much longer he can do this. Maybe Josh can pick up some admin ops slack as he grooms the next DC. Will position him better as HC of NEP and as a HC if Bill stays till 2093.
Bill and Bob talk. The agree on the pitch to Josh plus more $$$
Josh goes hmmmmm.
Kraft sweetens the pot
Josh talks to Tom asks him about TB12 future.
Tom says he is playing until Gisele tells him he can't
Josh stays.

Too reasonable to be the truth. Where's the drama? Where's the intrigue? The betrayal? The PLOT TWISTS? Good luck selling this story to the local papers.

Same old crap, different day. You would think they could make up something different. But they are columnists so maybe they can't.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe