PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard's "source" says that the Brady/Belichick/Kraft drama has not been hashed out yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick's is losing autonomy over "his" team

BB prefers certainty which is in sharp contrast to the reality of his current QB situation.
Belichick waited as long as he possibly could hanging onto Jimmy Perfect G well beyond his maximum value inflection point ....hoping/waiting for Brady to walk into the sunset.
Jimmy G = 5+ years of future certainty vs Brady's year to year "We'll see" that the team currently operates under(despite Brady's proclamations)
Celeb loving Kraft backs his Country Club Estate neighbor.
New England now operates within a narrow window...just one retirement announcement away from basement dwelling status.

Brady continues to flex his organizational power
Free rent at Patriot Place.
Unlimited team access for Magic Hands....valiantly fought off for now.
Jimmy G extraction
Self designed schedule.
Coaching demands.
All accepted to placate the QB who operates year to year..."My family, my family, I need Josh, Where is my Magic Hands."

Promises have been made to Josh.
BB is aware.
Brady's behind the scenes maneuvering has been successful.
BB is isolated
BB is the source.
This soap opera is just in the foreplay stages. Betrayal and unraveling coming after a word from our sponsors.
From my lofty perch, it is abundantly clear who holds the dagger.....The guy whose media team is creating a mythical figure narrative of a self-created super-species who defies the laws of nature.
Mr. Team First has evolved into Me First......"See me conquer time in my next episode produced by my production company TB12 Productions (Associate Producers: Magic Hands, Tony Robbins, Big Stan the Flim Flam Man, and Aussie Pete: creator of SlapChop)"
Last man standing in NE possesses bragging rights
:)
I don't know what I will do when BB resigns at years end and takes his hometown job running the Ravens.

He did not have a good source. It wasn't two pounds. It wasn't one pound. It wasn't half a pound. And according the to almighty Well's report it was 0.3 pounds. According the 21 Science professors who signed an Amicus brief and sent it, along with their reputations, to the Supreme Court it was no pounds.

Mort got exposed as the prostituted puppet he is. **** that dude and his sources.

I disagree with the first part Tony, Mortenson had a source that was highly placed with knowledge, he couldn’t have known they were lying to him. However once he realized that he should have outed the sources for lying to him deliberately.

I’m not convinced Jimmy G is going to be the all-pro everyone says he’s going to be.
He needs to clean up the sloppy turnovers for that prediction to be true. The potential is there but, right now, he’s a poor man’s Favre.

yeah...Mortenson had a source "high up!" alright...Polian spoke and Harbaugh jumped on the phone to Indy..It was ALWAYS a ridiculous assertion and one an experienced media shill should have seen. Snortenson went with it becuase of HIS hatred and bias against the Patriots. THAT is why he never walked it back. **** him.

Guys remember. These are sports journalists.

They try to get information and report on the most retentive groups. NE doesn't let **** out of those walls. Most teams don't and NE still stands out as being particularly difficult to get information out of. It is also the off season.

They also HAVE to write and with that, they pay the bills. I'm not saying drama hasn't transpired. But just keep in mind, these guys have to pay the bills. And this has proven to get them clicks.

Despite all the predictions of doom and gloom for BB, he will probably always be associated with the NEP in one form or another.. not too many 66+ year olds take on a completely new, unfamiliar challenge...

BB has the uncanny knack for focusing his players on this years challenge, and sooner rather than later SB LII will just be something in the rear view mirror..

He needs to go to the restroom and wipe his source a bit more thoroughly

Amendola's interview made it pretty clear that it's an issue with the players.

How so? Amendola talked about Belichick being an authoritarian and how he doesn't pay players but I didn't see a Butler reference. Did I miss that?

Amendola's interview made it pretty clear that it's an issue with the players.
I think he was pretty clear about the opposite.
"There's not really much truth to that, to tell you the truth. There's always going to be some friction between a coach and a player, in a business -- whether it be contractual, whether it be playing time, or whatever. ... Personally, I can't speak for Tom or Bill [Belichick], but regardless of business -- and I have mixed feelings of how business is done there -- I know for a fact that Coach Belichick is one of the best coaches of all time and he has all of his players' respect. I know Tom would say the same thing, Gronk would say the same thing, regardless of how they feel about their contracts or their certain situation, or whatever may be going down. That goes without saying."

We'll see how much of an issue it is or was.

It's months later, the guy's on another team, and he's still stung by it. It's an issue.
I think he was pretty clear about the opposite.
"There's not really much truth to that, to tell you the truth. There's always going to be some friction between a coach and a player, in a business -- whether it be contractual, whether it be playing time, or whatever. ... Personally, I can't speak for Tom or Bill [Belichick], but regardless of business -- and I have mixed feelings of how business is done there -- I know for a fact that Coach Belichick is one of the best coaches of all time and he has all of his players' respect. I know Tom would say the same thing, Gronk would say the same thing, regardless of how they feel about their contracts or their certain situation, or whatever may be going down. That goes without saying."

You must have missed the line about an agenda.

It's months later, the guy's on another team, and he's still stung by it. It's an issue.

You must have missed the line about an agenda.

Every off-season has its drama which seems intensified by being the perennial favorites and during the deadest part of the season.

Super Bowl losses are tough to deal with and seems to take some teams a season or two recover if they do at all.

The past few off-seasons were filled with defamegate bs.

We'll see how it goes once the season starts. My guess is it will all be boxed up and put in the attic.

I saw that quote from Amendola as well and do agree that it bothers him and other players. I've seen exiting player's comments in the past that led to the infamous " they hate their coach" quote.

I suppose it will all end some day.....

but-it-is.jpg

Last edited:
The media surrounding the Patriots and other sports is just plain bad. Journalism, good blogging is all but dead in todays society. Just feels like a complete fabricated reality show the last 3 or 4 years. Clicks get paid/jobs, not good work ethic and well written articles.

He needs to clean up the sloppy turnovers for that prediction to be true. The potential is there but, right now, he’s a poor man’s Favre.
To be fair, Favre had his fair share of boneheaded turnovers. But I think that's a decent comparison. Having a diehard 49ers fan for a father, I can tell you that they would be very happy to have a QB who is 70% of Favre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST