PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Green, Burgess, Watson AND A. Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Green, Burgess and Watson are gone. No one expects Thomas to play for us this year.

We need to replace and upgrade over these lost players.

Of course, the problem ios not picks, but finding pro-ready players. Even then, some great picks might not contribute much in 2010.

With last year's rookies, a couple of rookies on IR and 13 (maybe) draft picks, who would be surprised to see 20-22 first and second-year players on the 2010 team? This year (and maybe 2011) will be about player development, not Superbowls.

The Chargers do NOT have a second round pick and need a NT badly.

#44 to the Chargers for Merriman?

When did Burgess leave?
Where did he go?

When did Burgess leave?
Where did he go?

He is a free agent and is unsigned. I doubt the Pats re-sign him, we're not almost two months into free agency. He's not that good anyway.

He is a free agent and is unsigned. I doubt the Pats re-sign him, we're not almost two months into free agency. He's not that good anyway.

Thanks Pats1. But I thought he was coming on pretty good by the end of last year and saw hope in him. Ah well, I don't own 5 Superbowl rings like some other guy we all know.

Last edited:

He would be a classic BB insurance pick. Draft a rookie, bring in Burgress and have them compete for the position. The rookie should win, but it's all about covering your butt. Though I thought the same thing about Colvin last year.

You could replace Burgess with a 7th rounder and be fine

I'll bet a bag o chips Burgess is on the team next year, or at least in camp.

Green, Burgess and Watson are gone. No one expects Thomas to play for us this year.

We need to replace and upgrade over these lost players.

Of course, the problem ios not picks, but finding pro-ready players. Even then, some great picks might not contribute much in 2010.

Lewis is Green's replacement.
Ninkovich, Crable, Davis, Woods could replace Thomas and Burgess with no dropoff, so really Watson is the only one not 'replaced' but the OLB and 3rd down DE spots still need to be addressed because they were and still are subpar even if they havent gotten any worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back