PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greedy: I Want the Next Two Seasons to be the Best in Patriot History

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I was actually thinking of the team with Dillon.

I'm actually going to do some research in the next week or so, and see where the 2003-04 Pats stack up against all-time great two-year franchises. I bet there are other teams that had a better two-year run, but there aren't going to be many.

Yeah I dunno I mean it's like...I'll root my heart out and I'll love it if they win another trophy in my lifetime but I'm kind of ok if they never win another one. They've given me so much joy at this point I don't need more. The comeback in this SB was one of the top 5-10 accomplishments in sports of all time.

I'm a satisfied and grateful fan.

Can we please stop with the 19-0 ****? There's a reason it's never happened and it cheapens what the 2007 squad was actually able to accomplish.
Ok, 38-0.

Am I the only one who was really bored by the 2007 season?

Yeah I dunno I mean it's like...I'll root my heart out and I'll love it if they win another trophy in my lifetime but I'm kind of ok if they never win another one. They've given me so much joy at this point I don't need more. The comeback in this SB was one of the top 5-10 accomplishments in sports of all time.

I'm a satisfied and grateful fan.
Always want more.

I'm actually going to do some research in the next week or so, and see where the 2003-04 Pats stack up against all-time great two-year franchises. I bet there are other teams that had a better two-year run, but there aren't going to be many.
34-4 and SB, pretty tough to match..

It's such a non-accomplishment that no team had done it before and no team has come close to doing it since. The team was a missed "in the grasp" whistle and a miracle duck between the hashes caught off a helmet away from 19-0. To act almost entitled to it ever season is basically throwing shade at that accomplishment. If it happens? Great. But let's just be happy with bookend dynasties, shall we?
Only 3 teams have ever gone 18-1.

But all the regular season does is qualify you for post-season play. I'm not acting entitled to recognize that we came really close, but ultimately failed to achieve the goal. As I said in my second post, I enjoyed it as a fan, and I'm more than happy to root for this team through thick and thin. I just keep my eyes on the prize, that's all.
2007 is really the best Patriots team in history with the possible exception of 2004.

I was bored with much of that season. Too often I set aside time for the game's only to be bored out of my mind by the half. A blowout every now and then is fine but that season they were destroying teams week in and week out and it wasn't that enjoyable. I can't blame the Patriots for being that good but when the rest of the league doesn't raise their game it makes the season boring for me. I would much rather have teams that can give them a challenge and make us nervous than to just watch them destroy everyone.

Could just be me but that's how I see it.

I was bored with much of that season. Too often I set aside time for the game's only to be bored out of my mind by the half. A blowout every now and then is fine but that season they were destroying teams week in and week out and it wasn't that enjoyable. I can't blame the Patriots for being that good but when the rest of the league doesn't raise their game it makes the season boring for me. I would much rather have teams that can give them a challenge and make us nervous than to just watch them destroy everyone.

Could just be me but that's how I see it.

Not me. I got really pissed off and bitter after Spygate. The Patriots actually didn't destroy their opponents badly enough for my tastes that season.

Can we please stop with the 19-0 ****? There's a reason it's never happened and it cheapens what the 2007 squad was actually able to accomplish.
No one can disagree with your comments

I have little interest in going undefeated....unless we win the SB

I think Garrapolo should play the first half of every game next season and Brady can play the second half

No ones ever done THAT before....so :cool:

I think Garrapolo should play the first half of every game next season and Brady can play the second half

No ones ever done THAT before....so :cool:

My hope is that Brady plays the first half of every game and the Pats are up 28-3 and JG plays the second half and the Pats win every game by 27.

Am I the only one who was really bored by the 2007 season?
Only towards the end of the reg season I started to feel kinda bored.

None of them have taken an undefeated record into the Super Bowl.
right. I am basically agreeing with you that 2007 was a hell of an achievement. Up until last years Golden State that team held the record for consecutive wins to start a professional sports season in US sports.

Sux they lost the SB, but the silly rejection of the team as probably the greatest Patriots team of all time (maybe 2004 is superior) bothers me. The pats basically could have won or lost all 7 Super Bowls they were in with a play or two changed. There is no difference between the 2007 team's bad luck and the 2003 team's good luck (kick out of bounds right before game winning kick) except 2007 has one less loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3