PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greedy: I Want the Next Two Seasons to be the Best in Patriot History

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought 2014 and 2016 were much more enjoyable seasons than 2007.
really just the endings were better if you are going to be honest about it. But you already said you were bored by the Patriots dominating the NFL and wanted more close games.

Too much greed in Patsland

What about all the children outside New England?

Ah screw em...they'll get over it

34-4 and SB, pretty tough to match..

I doubt that there's any 2 year team that comes close to 34-4 with 2 SB wins and the longest winning streak in NYFL history.

Funny thing is ....after the amazing win in February I thought my addiction to the Pats would subside. But after listening to my Squeeler fan friend the last couple of weeks ...I'm ready to go. I'm not going to even get into what he said as it will drive this post down a topic we've been discussing and defending to an extreme. Having said that....I now want to crush and pulverize the rest of the league into submission......again.

LOL... because of our longstanding conventions, I thought at first this was a thread about an article by a guy named Greedy. Then I realized that that was one of the 7 dwarves, and they're all Tampa Bay fans... :)

Greedy too. Was thinking yesterday how great 3-out-of-4 bookends would be, then thought wait, I have an idea, how's about we cap it off with a threepeat? You know, like has NEVAH BEEN DONE?

really just the endings were better if you are going to be honest about it. But you already said you were bored by the Patriots dominating the NFL and wanted more close games.

Actually the seasons were more exciting and the playoffs better as well imo. Some doubt creates excitement and the 07 team was a steamroller.

I'd be giddily ecstatic if the team made the playoffs at 7-9, then won the Super Bowl. The league would reformat the playoffs immediately after so that no such team could make the playoffs again.

I'll be sure to get your opinion first next time so I can be honest about it.

The perfect scenario would be for the Pats to go 19-0 and finally have a dominating performance in the Super Bowl. That being said, if going undefeated somehow reduces their changes of hanging another banner then I am not interested in it. (of course there is no way to validate or disprove the impact) I have really enjoyed every season since 2001 (with 2009 being the low point)

Goal 1: Number 6
Goal 2: AFC Championship
Goal 3: AFC Championship game appearance
Goal 4: Best Record in AFC
Goal 5 :1st Round Bye
Goal 6:Win Division
Goal 7:Make playoffs
Goal 8:Jets stink

Obviously going undefeated would cross off every goal.

Kontradictory Kontradiction???

Not at all. That statement was equally as absurd as the prior statements giving every single squad 19-0 expectations year in and year out. There's definitely an achievement for going 19-0. They are as follows:

1. Super Bowl champion
2. Only team to go 19-0 in NFL history
3. Greatest team in NFL history

In the end, I agree with you that it's ridiculous to give every single Pats squad, year in and year out, 19-0 expectations. But saying that there is no achievement for going 19-0 is about as brain dead as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3