PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gray not practicing - late for practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Moss foursome was late because of a storm, this place lost its mind. When Brandon Spikes had his problem because of the snow, this place attacked him like a fat man attacking an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Revis got a pass and this guy's getting a pass. Gotta love it.

All I recall about the Spikes' incident was that people were making fun of him for being afraid to drive in the snow (he must be LOVING Buffalo right now). I didn't see anything different between that and this in terms of reaction to the player.

As for Revis, he took responsibility and apologized. No excuses. no big deal.

Osw : how are Blount and Gray so different ? Both run hard downhill and like to drag along would-be tacklers.

You believe Gray is going to be a star in this league ?

I hope he is, but I have no idea.

They are different because Blount is actually a halfback in a big body. He isn't a very physical runner and he has a tendency to tap dance behind the line. Gray, while not quite as athletic or fast is a much more physical runner, and is more decisive.

I can't remember now... did AT or Moss not start that following Sunday? Really what we think is immaterial... its up to the hoodie. I guess we will know how big a deal this was on Sunday when the offense takes the field.

What did he tweet? I must be missing something

I can't remember now... did AT or Moss not start that following Sunday? Really what we think is immaterial... its up to the hoodie. I guess we will know how big a deal this was on Sunday when the offense takes the field.

His crime was being late, his punishment was no practice. I'm just guessing that in BB's mind, he's square with the house. I don't see him 'being punished' by not being allowed to play Sunday, just depends on how much of the game plan he missed out on. That said, I hope he follows Revis' example and makes the effort to get to the facilities to apologize in person. I mean this is only the biggest opportunity of his life.

My guess is he invested in a second alarm clock as well.

What did he tweet? I must be missing something

Something about how fast people can "turn their backs" on you. It wasn't really clear whether it was directed at fans or the coaches, or whatever but it was taken down in two seconds flat. I think he tweeted a follow up where he talked about how he was going to just keep working, but honestly, why tweet anything at all? Just apologize, and move on about the business of doing your job.

This will be forgotten in two weeks, maybe sooner.
I'm going with sooner. Remember Revis did the same thing a few weeks ago, he still played.

BLOUNT: has tendency to dance negating his bulk. When coached to keep pads low & hit the hole as instructed he's a banger. Gets tripped up. Has the speed despite his bulk to break long runs.
GRAY: A banger. Low to the ground & sometimes hard to see. In his limited play he has followed coaching advice and run exactly where the play calls for. Never quits, extending the play a couple yards. Has not shown long gain speed.

Well Osw, perhaps Blount and Gray are more different than I thought. But, I doubt they differ as much as Gray and Vereen as you had previously posted.

I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if Gray amounts to much more than A Smith back in the glory days. But I still think if he was the answer, Blount would maybe not be back. Time will tell.

I've got no problem with Revis and Gray not getting hammered over what I consider a relative non-issue. I've got a problem with the hypocrisy.

My only problem is that we aren't as awesome as deus is.

Well Osw, perhaps Blount and Gray are more different than I thought. But, I doubt they differ as much as Gray and Vereen as you had previously posted.

I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if Gray amounts to much more than A Smith back in the glory days. But I still think if he was the answer, Blount would maybe not be back. Time will tell.

Well, they're both big dudes and neither is going to be heavily involved in the passing game, but as far as how they run the ball, I don't see much similarity.

I also don't think Blount is an indictment on Gray at all, he's simply an opportunity acquisition. I'm no Blount fan, but he's clearly a better injury replacement and rotational player than Bolden. Pure speculation, but even had Gray been cracking 200 a week for over a month now I bet they still would have brought Blount in.

Hope you are right. In any case : if the RBs are featured on Sunday, many would be surprised. Maybe Vereen ends up playing the bulk of the snaps.

Im thinking that Mr. Gray will be spoken to by some of the vets. He will be In Bills office apologizing and he won't play the first couple of series. He should also put the twitter account away and just concentrate on football. Some times It is better for the younger players to let their performance do their talking for them.

Revis got a pass because he's Revis, and because people weren't already inclined to go after him. As I said in both earlier instances, sometimes things happen and people are late. Gray was reportedly because he had a cell phone alarm issue.

I've got no problem with Revis and Gray not getting hammered over what I consider a relative non-issue. I've got a problem with the hypocrisy.

There is very little here to feel superior to.

I guarantee the bulk of the "hypocrisy" comes from you subjectively generalizing all the opinions expressed by one subset of posters and then applying your summation of these opinions to what a completely different subset of posters is now saying weeks later.

Group A is not Group B. There is no single mind, no shared memory. Group B is not accountable for what Group A said.

Last edited:
According to Chris Price on Comcast last night, Gray was immediately apologetic and Price gave the impression that the matter was closed. Just seems to me as though this is getting far more attention than it seems to deserve. If this is his worst off-field transgression, I'm guessing he'll be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3