PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Graham to the Broncos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver could offer Graham a $1 less than NE and still sign in a second. This 'delay' isn't altering the inevitable.

Re: pft: Or Graham NOT to the Broncos....

Typical FA confusion....

He'll probably still end up with the Broncos.

Graham...thank you

Graham is a Bronco player,where did you hear this?

This whole he signed/no he didn't sign business sure reminds me of the givens situation last year! :D

ESPN apparently reported it incorrectly. Sorry for jumping the gun.

If Cutler is the real deal, Denver is now the Super Bowl favorite with their moves since the end of the season.

Dre Bly in for Williams plus Daniel Graham minus a starting RB and starter on their line make a non-playoff team the Super Bowl favorite?

Dre Bly in for Williams plus Daniel Graham minus a starting RB and starter on their line make a non-playoff team the Super Bowl favorite?

Graham hasn't even been added, but I completely agree with you.

Alright everyone, show's over, go home. Goddamn media can't even get a simple signing right.

Dre Bly is a clear upgrade at the other corner spot. Tatum Bell is not a starting RB. Shanny never liked giving him more than 10 touches a game. Foster did not start for them after week 8 or so. Shanahan is almost certainly going to sign Ahman Green or trade for Thomas Jones, Willis McGahee or Corey Dillon. They'll most likely sign Graham and Patrick Kerney this weekend. And they'll be a stud defensive player to draft in the first.

Yeah, like I said, IF Cutler is the real deal, the Broncos have to be considered the Super Bowl favorite, on 3/2. Shoddy QB play was their weakest link last year. They've done more to improve their team than anybody.

Last edited:

Maybe there's something Jack hasn't told Tom.

But dryheat, it's the first day of free agency. They had a lot of questions going into the offseason, and they've only begun to address them. And you're banking on some stuff that hasn't even begun yet, and those vet RBs (with the exception of Jones) are old and no one believes that they can carry the load, even in Denver. I don't know how much of a clear upgrade Bly is, either. It's remarkable how many people are getting into a huge tiff over him going there, but didn't think he was much of anything for the Pats. The rest of their defense was more to blame late in the season than quarterback play, too. I think there were other teams with less ?'s and a better position to begin the offseason.

Last edited:
thanks for the memories Graham but now your the enemy and I have to say health asside Bad luck and I hope you don't catch much.

I hope you don't catch much.

I wouln't worry about that....he hasn't caught all that much in his years here! Remember for about 5 years his nickname was "stone hands".....

We may miss him as a blocker though..although I think Thomas will fill in well there overall...best of luck to him

A good blocker lousy reciever .He wasn`t our #1tight end
Sign Brady a better blocker and actually caught more passes.
Brady blocked for Martn and Taylor two good ones

good post..........................

Broncos continue to make moves....

good moves at that...

...but I'm not going to give them the Super Bowl just yet. I think they need to get some help on the defensive line and hope that Cutler is the real deal. At this point, I don't think Cutler has proven anything. Not that he can't, but I don't the leadership qualities I saw from Rivers prior to taking over his team.

They do face Larry Johnson and LT four times a year and Bly/Champ can only do so much there.

I guess Graham was a great blocking back, as I have heard over and over again, so he will be missed there, but the amount of money the Pats saved by not even trying to play the game with Denver (his inevitable spot).

Seems like the fact of the matter is...

He wasn't going to sign with NE unless they offerred something excessively greater than DEN.

He was on his way out anyways because he wanted to go back to DEN

NE was prepared for him to leave or else they wouldn't had drafted Thomas (despite the fact that their roles differ).

For what is worth, I don't hate the guy for taking the money. I just wish him the worst because he took it from Denver.

Broncos have signed Daniel Graham

ESPN Radio reports that the Broncos have agreed to a deal with Daniel Graham on a deal that includes a $10 million signing bonus.
Mike Shanahan has been looking for a quality starting tight end who can block for a long time. Denver uses two tight ends sets extensively and Tony Scheffler will still be a big part of the passing game, but Graham could get on the field more in the red zone because of his blocking.

We knew it was coming!

Re: Broncos have signed Daniel Graham

C-ya Dan. I always liked you but you're with the enemy now. I hope Watson can get over his fumbleitis.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 2:24 p.m. EST; LAST UPDATED 2:35 p.m. EST, March 2, 2007
REPORTS OF GRAHAM DEAL NOT TRUE

John Crowe of WSKO radio tells us that he has spoken to Jack Mills, the agent for tight end Daniel Graham, and that Mills says that no deal has been reached between the Broncos and Graham.

Mills will appear on WSKO at 3:30 p.m. EST to address the situation. The spot can be heard right here.

And, on further review of our e-mailbox, we discovered a message from agent Tom Mills, who writes of Graham: "He has not agreed to terms with Denver or anyone. Don't know where that rumor started, but it's completely inaccurate. Dan will visit with the Broncos later today, but we haven't discussed contract and Dan is planning to take a trip to Oakland tomorrow and Seattle after that."

Last edited:

ESPN Radio reports that the Broncos have agreed to a deal with Daniel Graham on a deal that includes a $10 million signing bonus.
Mike Shanahan has been looking for a quality starting tight end who can block for a long time. Denver uses two tight ends sets extensively and Tony Scheffler will still be a big part of the passing game, but Graham could get on the field more in the red zone because of his blocking.

We knew it was coming!
Two threads discussing this topic already

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=51617

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=51627

Last edited:

We knew it was coming!

With all due respect, we don't know if this report is accurate yet. But what you are saying in your storyline (or reporting what was said), is that Denver plans to use him in the exact same manner as the Pats.

If this particular report is true, we can't yet know the particulars of the contract (as well as the one reportedly offered by the Pats at 4 mil), but even with the 10 mil signing bonus, it sounds a little fishy. Could even be back loaded to accommodate the Bronc's cap restrictions.

Unless he really wanted to get back to Colorado that badly.

If it is true, that probably removes them from future free agent activity, at least on a major scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft