PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Graham to the Broncos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God we don't have to play Denver this year.

I'll miss you Graham, I always thought you were underrated but now that our OLine has finally clicked you became expendable. But no way are you allowed to bang heads with Cutler before games.

Graham has a good reputation as a blocking TE, but that term is inadequate. Most associate "blocking TE" primarily in the running game. Graham was good at that, but where he excelled was in pass blocking. Often he would lock onto a DE one-on-one and neutralize his opponent. He's done it well against some of the best, too...Freeney, Peppers. In a division where he'll be facing Shawne Merriman, Shaun Phillips, Derek Johnson and Jared Allen twice a year, this was a great pickup for the Broncos. Jay Cutler can breathe easier today.

Regards,
Chris
I don't know about that Chris. Lepsis is a former tight end. Denver picks their tackles to handle just that kind of pass rush. Reason they traded Foster is cause he just didn't fit with that philosophy.

Screw him, he's a Bronco now. If you sign with the Jets, Colts, or Broncos, you are dead to me.

Otherwise, good luck. :)

(Oh yeah, I should probably include Miami on the list...maybe within the division just to be safe.)

Last edited:
I don't know about that Chris. Lepsis is a former tight end. Denver picks their tackles to handle just that kind of pass rush. Reason they traded Foster is cause he just didn't fit with that philosophy.
I'm not saying that's why the Broncos signed him, but rather pointing out what they are getting...an outstanding pass blocker. The Broncos would be foolish not to make use of this skill.

Regards,
Chris

You can go back to posts from last off-season and see there was already speculation that Graham planned to make a beeline to Denver in free agency. He's a Colorado boy heading home -- he didn't even bother giving any other team a chance.

I actually respect this a lot. Rather than flying around, trying to milk several suitors for the last possible dime, Graham went for happiness and a well-balanced life near friends, family and home. May he enjoy his newfound riches, while not actually helping the Broncos win any games. :)

You can go back to posts from last off-season and see there was already speculation that Graham planned to make a beeline to Denver in free agency. He's a Colorado boy heading home -- he didn't even bother giving any other team a chance.

I actually respect this a lot. Rather than flying around, trying to milk several suitors for the last possible dime, Graham went for happiness and a well-balanced life near friends, family and home. May he enjoy his newfound riches, while not actually helping the Broncos win any games. :)
That's right...I forgot he played for Colorado.

Regards,
Chris

Nobody does less with more than the Denver Broncos. A 10-6 team at best this coming season.

I'm convinced the Patriots cannot beat Denver. For unexplainable reasons. I just hope they don't make the playoffs.

I'm convinced the Patriots cannot beat Denver. For unexplainable reasons. I just hope they don't make the playoffs.

We can win them,we are the new england patriots :cool: :cool:

Nobody does less with more than the Denver Broncos. A 10-6 team at best this coming season.

It all on Culter's shoulders. He's still an unknown quantity at this point. I'm expecting them to do better this year because of the extra motivation.

It is a good signing for Denver. He's a productive (ift oft injured) player. This one was essentially over last April when we drafted Thomas in round 3. It wasn't too hard to see the hand writing on the wall.

So much for the theory some on this board where it was about being Graham going somewhere to bethe pass catching TE somewhere and not about the $.

The Broncos already have their primary pass catching TE in Tony Scheffler who emerged as Cutler's security blanket over the last month of last year. Graham will play the same role he played here, blocking TE which should be no surprise since he does it as well as anyone.

A good blocker lousy reciever .He wasn`t our #1tight end
Sign Brady a better blocker and actually caught more passes.
Brady blocked for Martn and Taylor two good ones

Disagree, he showed good hands when given opportunities. He was also a devastating blocker, I think you could argue (and I would) the best blocking TE in the league. He had great ability both at neutralizing DE/OLB staying in on pass protections (someone else also mentioned this here), and run blocking, especially the wham block. That said I'm excited to see the development of Thomas, I think he could have a really good year.

Last edited:
...but now that our OLine has finally clicked you became expendable.

I don't believe either phrase at all.

Graham to the donkeys was almost a fait accompli.

Still, I'm very interested in knowing the exact details of the offers of both DEN and NE. Did the donkeys blow everyone else out of the water, or did the patsies just feel that having one of the most complete TEs in the NFL wasn't worth the bother?

Dale and Holley mentioned that some one is reporting that Graham's signing bonus will be in the $10 million range.

very well put. so where are those new englanders with that attitude:)

Go home Graham!!!

Oh wait, he did...

Dale and Holley mentioned that some one is reporting that Graham's signing bonus will be in the $10 million range.

$10 million?!?!?!?! Ah, no thanks Danny boy. Givens was given $8 million by the Titans IIRC.

With Graham gone to the Broncos and Asante franchised, the rest of

the guys we stand to lose are chopped liver. From here on out things

should be getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back