Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What grade would you give Matt Cassel v. Denver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would give him a B-.Sure he threw 3 TD passes but he still was under 200 yards.:D

I give him a very solid B+. He's making some very good passes and is getting better slowly. However he does need to work on releasing the ball a bit faster under the pressure. Good game to build off of however.

I'm not a big fan of Cassel and I give him a A for his performance last night. Yes, I'm a generous person:)

This is how I want to see when we are on the field. Hopefully, he will keep up the good work. Perhaps, he took my criticism seriously and all i can tell him is good for you.

I give him a C. Almost all the credit has to go to the NE offense. I didn't know we could run an offense like that anymore. At times the Pats looked like a college team with a power running game.

If you watch a college team you often see the same kind of game - tons of short "passes" which are very similiar to long tosses that get all kinds of yards because the team is so dominant.

It's a classic example of how teams can win inspite of the QB and not because of it. The NFL team that did that the best in recent years was the Chicago Bears with Rex Grossman.

Pete

B+, why? 10 reasons
1. We won.
2. 3 TDs, no picks,
3. no turnovers, no mistakes
4. showed leadership, calm under pressure.
5. he is the front person for a team that everyone wrote off when Brady was hurt, and the team responds to him.
6. continuing to develop
7. We won
8. We won
9. We won
10. did I mention, WE WON

That was a pretty solid performance; hopefully he can keep it up

Really? Hmmm......

"That's not the point" refers to your referencing total offensive output.

For the last time, here are may very easy to understand LOGICAL reasons why he earns a B-:

he only threw for 184 yards against the NFL's worst defense that was also injury riddled.

Most of those yards were the result of YACs from medium to short range passes.

He still holds on to the ball and makes questionable reads. His completeion percentage was high, because he was dinking and dunking, but when forced to make a big throw, he looked very shaky, and could have easily been picked off twice (and would have against a better defense).

That earns a starting NFL QB a B- in my book. If we were grading off of expectations for a backup QB, I'd probably give him a B/B+ because he did basically what I expected him to do against a terrible defense which is manage an OK game.

If you really want to look at passer rating and completion percentage in a vacuum without considering any of these factors then you need to work on your logic.

Does crowell33 or Patslifer care to explain the F or should we just assume you are Jets fans?

I'll give a C - No mistakes to cost them the game and handled the most important position without any flair, but no blunders either.

No dramatic long ball TDs and gets sacked too often although its not all his fault but he does hold onto the ball too long and in the future if that doesn't change he may need ACL surgery like Brady.

C grade is fair

For the last time, here are may very easy to understand LOGICAL reasons why he earns a B-:

he only threw for 184 yards against the NFL's worst defense that was also injury riddled.

He still holds on to the ball and makes questionable reads. His completeion percentage was high, because he was dinking and dunking, but when forced to make a big throw, he looked very shaky, and could have easily been picked off twice (and would have against a better defense).

That earns a starting NFL QB a B- in my book. If we were grading off of expectations for a backup QB, I'd probably give him a B/B+ because he did basically what I expected him to do against a terrible defense which is manage an OK game.

If you really want to look at passer rating and completion percentage in a vacuum without considering any of these factors then you need to work on your logic.

You talking to me about logic after your writings on this thread is the height of ironic humor, particularly since I pointed out far more than just passer rating and completion percentage, which you surely must know since your first response to me involved a post where I pointed to other reasons. But you keep changing your argument (or your inability to use the English language is horrible, since there is no way that "that's not the point" would logically be referring to what you now claim it was referring to) and your evaluation basis is ridiculous, so it's really not worth discussing further with you.

Last edited:

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. He did pretty good. there are still areas where he needs to improve, particularly on deep balls and getting through his progressions. Given that, and the fact he threw for under 200 yards, I'd say it's a B. Nothing wrong with that.

You talking to me about logic after your writings on this thread is the height of ironic humor, particularly since I pointed out far more than just passer rating and completion percentage, which you surely must know since your first response to me involved a post where I pointed to other reasons. But you keep changing your argument (or your inability to use the English language is horrible, since there is no way that "that's not the point" would logically be referring to what you now claim it was referring to) and your evaluation basis is ridiculous, so it's really not worth discussing further with you.

I think that it is pretty apparent by actually watching the game that Cassel was in the C to B range. I don't understand this rating based on him being a backup QB. He is the starting QB for the New England Patriots, do you think the Patriots would win games if they told him "its okay, you are just the backup, go ahead and get sacked 6 times a game, we understand"

Also, you certainly are consistent in the mannerthat you attempt to rip people apart by misrepresenting their opinions, misunderstanding their logic and then bully your way to your "my way or the highway style conclusions"

Obviously you are a football god and all that do not agree with your conclusions are worthless, weak and not worth the time to debate.

I think that it is pretty apparent by actually watching the game that Cassel was in the C to B range. I don't understand this rating based on him being a backup QB. He is the starting QB for the New England Patriots, do you think the Patriots would win games if they told him "its okay, you are just the backup, go ahead and get sacked 6 times a game, we understand"

Also, you certainly are consistent in the mannerthat you attempt to rip people apart by misrepresenting their opinions, misunderstanding their logic and then bully your way to your "my way or the highway style conclusions"

Obviously you are a football god and all that do not agree with your conclusions are worthless, weak and not worth the time to debate.

You can add pretty much ANY member in here of over 4,000 posts - They are all members of the 'family of experts' because they have been here the longest and for that reason and reason only,they are always right in everything they say or you are an idiot :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I would disagree with your assessment of Deus but not every one is as sensitive as you apparently are.....

I would disagree with your assessment of Deus but not every one is as sensitive as you apparently are.....

just notiicing a posting trend

Nobody's sensitive but there's not much point in arguing with a person who says stuff like, "blah blah blah, as for the rest of your post I assume you're kidding."

I mean, that's so condescending it pretty much undermines everything he says.

Now my "writings in this thread are the HEIGHT OF IRONIC HUMOR." Really? Does he really believe that stuff or is it just more of his act? I'm sure there has never been posts with more ironic humor than mine, that is, until the next person Deus disagrees with....

Last edited:
You can add pretty much ANY member in here of over 4,000 posts - They are all members of the 'family of experts' because they have been here the longest and for that reason and reason only,they are always right in everything they say or you are an idiot :rolleyes:

is 4k posts a lot? cause it doesn't seem like that many...maybe people with over 10k posts....but I guess you can settle for mediocrity if you want.:eek:

As of now, fully 75% of think that MC's performance was a B or above. That's pretty good for a player that 75% would have preferred being cut before Game One. Well done Matt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case