PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gostkowski extended through 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gostowski extended through 2014

Just heard the news... yay!

The Pats FO decided they couldn't keep all five big signings. So high-priced Seymour was traded, and they tried to keep the other four. Wilfork was signed, now Gostkowski is signed. That leaves Mankins and Brady. Brady will be signed probably in the next offseason; and sooner or later the Mankins situation will be resolved.

If Logan wants big numbers the Pats could offer him essentially the same contract now offered except extended to an 8 year contract with $12 million salaries in years 7 & 8, averaging 8+ million per year.

He would never collect a dime on years 7 & 8, when he is a 35 and 36 year old Guard, but the contract would be valued at $8 million per, and he would no longer be "insulted". I'm almost certain that Belichick was astonished that Mankins turned down the $7 million per year deal. :eek:

Meanwhile congratulations to Gostkowski, a product of that poor draft that only gave us a starting RB and a Probowl Kicker; and a ST tackling Ace.

The Pat's won't play that fluff the contract game on Bill's watch. It just raises expectations for everyone else down the line and causes hard feelings like Ty had when it comes time to restructure...

Four year extension
$14M, about $3.5M per year
$5M guaranteed
Will take effect after he plays 2010 on his RFA tender
Free agent in 2015.

So what happens in a case like this if a guy gets hurt and the team lets him go before he plays out his RFA tender?

So what happens in a case like this if a guy gets hurt and the team lets him go before he plays out his RFA tender?

I don't know...you go ballistic and post angry screeds about how lousy the deal is?

I'm glad they signed him.

This is great news... now let's hope they lock up Brady soon for a good 4 or 5 years :rocker:

He still gets his $5M in guaranteed money because the media is misrepresenting what the deal actually entails...

He still gets his $5M in guaranteed money because the media is misrepresenting what the deal actually entails...

Thanks. But you don't really intend to suggest that cause and effect, right? :)

BTW--Ghost wants his name spelled correctly. :mad: :)

I <3 this signing....... Great move.

Not bad considering some of the recent #'s I've been hearing for kickers and even punters. Sounds like alot for a kicker but something we needed to do IMO or you could wind up with quite the headache. Good news

First thing I thought of was... wow kickers get paid this much :eek: I guess it's pretty good. It is very hard to appreciate a really reliable kicker until you see all the games that are lost in the last second because a field goal went sideways.

Here is a kid who was in the same boat as LM, believed what the Pats said (we'll work with you if you work with us), signed the insurance waiver, got him in OTAs, signed the tender and got a nice deal for himself later on.

Congrats to both sides for trusting one another.

Last edited:
Here is a kid who was in the same boat as LM, believed what the Pats said (we'll work with you if you work with us), signed the insurance waiver, got him in OTAs, signed the tender and got a nice deal for himself later on.

Congrats to both sides for trusting one another.

And eff you Mankins for not! :mad:

Lets see, Ghost gets 5mil guaranteed and Mangold gets 4mil guaranteed and the Pats are cheap? Is this correct?:confused:

He is the #1 fantasy kicker on everyone's draft board (I don't know if that says alot about him, or is a bad reflection on the Pats redzone offense), but is has been very good and deserved to "get paid". Gee wasn't he one of the guys who got screwed with the no new CBA rule? The Pats seem to be "set" at the specialty positions for at least the next four years now with the Ghost, Zoltan, and Ingram all young, very good and locked up for a while. If you think about how many late round draft picks are absolute wastes, whoever scouted these three, made the most of the 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks.

That cheap Baztard Kraft:D.... what will Felger and Maz whine about this afternoon.

How have I only just found out that the Gost has been extended :) Great news :)

Good stuff. Ghost is one of the best kickers in the league right now. Glad to see he's locked up. To be honest, though, I kind of forgot about his contract situation with all of the talk about Mankins around here.

:bricks:

It's easy to forget about a players contract situation if he doesn't make a big stink about it in the press and throw the team under a bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News