Gosselin: Linebackers preview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
LBs

Position strength
An average of 31 linebackers are selected in every draft. There could be as few as eight taken in the first three rounds of 2008. A linebacker has been selected in the top 10 only once in the last four drafts.
Spotlight on Southern California's Keith Rivers...

Wheeler, Henderson, Bell, and Crable( I really like him)...

At least one of these guys is going to be there in rd 5 when we select...These four I believe are the reason you wont see Seward in a pats uni.

At least one of these guys is going to be there in rd 5 when we select...These four I believe are the reason you wont see Seward in a pats uni.

I love Henderson, but no freakin' way he's there in the fifth. He could go in the top 40 picks. I actually would rather use a later pick on Leman, Humpal, Hilee Taylor, or Gary Guyton than take the other three. Personal preference I guess.

And am I the only one who thinks Rivers was the worst of the USC starting 3? And it's not like he's a bad player. How loaded is that LB corps? No wonder Lua couldn't keep his job.

Really? That's funny cause Bell is NOT Pats material if you've read anything about him.

I don't think Crable is all that great either.

I see Goff, who seems to be the love child of some around here, isn't in the top 15. There's a bunch of Patriots ILB candidates, though - if we choose to actually draft one :)

I think that we'll pick an LB later. Bryan Kehl in the 4th, Stanford Keglar, or J Leman in the 5th, Thomas Williams in the 6-7th. Whether we pick a LB earlier depends on how the draft evolves in terms of value. I realize this is an unpopular stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3