PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to make a decision on SB 44 halftime show - Which is your choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seether

Pearl Jam

Foo Fighters

Cake

Now that's a list.

Guarantee you we will be watching the Black Eyed Peas.

Seeing its Florida Buffett I think would be very festive. Also the Eagles are very good, maybe Clapton. But the rest I dont see appealing to the male football fan especially bon jovi......shudder

Lynyrd Skynyrd is from florida so that would be good. But if I had my druthers......Creedence I love Creedence!:singing:

Motorhead.....then again the cheerleaders probrably couldn't dance to Overkill.

Phish. 3 full sets with lots of extended jamming.

Hey, the Super Bowl already takes 5 hours to finish.

M e t a l l i c a

Lynyrd Skynyrd is from florida so that would be good. But if I had my druthers......Creedence I love Creedence!:singing:

Lynyrd Skynyrd?!? I would support that if the original lineup was still alive. I think only one original member of Skynyrd is still in the band (Gary Rossington, gitarist). It would be almost like putting a Skynyrd cover band on during halftime. Same thing with Creedence who now tour without John Fogerty (who ironically was sued by Creedence and lost because his solo stuff sounded too much like Creedence when Fogerty was the lead singer and wrote all the songs). Why not Journey since they are touring without Steve Perry?

Personally, my list would include:

Foo Fighters
Green Day
(those are the only two real rock bands who are active today it seems)
AC/DC
Metallica

Goodell will probably play it safe and go with a Billy Joel or Elton John though. Not bad choices, but not exactly condusive with a football environment.

Bon Jovi is the best out of that list.

What is wrong with Janet Jacksons tit?

Sorry but looking at Janet reminds me too much of her now deceased brother Micheal,they could be twins at least back when brother Mike was a little more normal with normal skin color and 100 less facial surgeries.

Remember that Seinfeld episode when George stopped seeing his girlfriend because everyone said she looked just like a female Jerry Seinfeld? - I would feel the same way about Janet

Last edited:
Big Bopper
Johnny Cash
Elvis Presley

If they're not available, ***getaboutit and fast fwd to the 2nd half kickoff.

Lynyrd Skynyrd?!? I would support that if the original lineup was still alive. I think only one original member of Skynyrd is still in the band (Gary Rossington, gitarist). It would be almost like putting a Skynyrd cover band on during halftime. Same thing with Creedence who now tour without John Fogerty (who ironically was sued by Creedence and lost because his solo stuff sounded too much like Creedence when Fogerty was the lead singer and wrote all the songs). Why not Journey since they are touring without Steve Perry?

Personally, my list would include:

Foo Fighters
Green Day
(those are the only two real rock bands who are active today it seems)
AC/DC
Metallica

Goodell will probably play it safe and go with a Billy Joel or Elton John though. Not bad choices, but not exactly condusive with a football environment.
Actually There is no Creedence right now, The other 2 remaining band members tour as Creedence Clearwater revisited. I actually saw Skynyrd several years back and there was no cover band feel at all, Johnny sounds like Ronnie. Green Day those little nerds who wear heavy eye liner and put down America in their college music crap no thanks. The superbowl should be patriotic. No way also on Metallica most people could not name a Metallica song, they are a show band with no real top 40 hits. Who wants to hear a medley of songs no one knows?

Im biased , bring back Springsteen

Alvin and the Chipmunks!

Pink Floyd

Hopefully, the Pats we'll be in the Super Bowl and I'll be too busy puking up my nerves during halftime. However, how about a high energy country music act for a change? Kenny Chesney has a high energy show, and has had sold more concert tickets than anyone else in the U.S this decade. Plus, he has sold out Gillette in 5 minutes the last 3 years and is a noted Red Sox fan. A set list of "Young", "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy", and "Never Wanted Nothing More" would be awesome, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft