PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to make a decision on SB 44 halftime show - Which is your choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, the Pats we'll be in the Super Bowl and I'll be too busy puking up my nerves during halftime. However, how about a high energy country music act for a change? Kenny Chesney has a high energy show, and has had sold more concert tickets than anyone else in the U.S this decade. Plus, he has sold out Gillette in 5 minutes the last 3 years and is a noted Red Sox fan. A set list of "Young", "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy", and "Never Wanted Nothing More" would be awesome, trust me.

Nothing personal,but I would rather hear nails scratching down a chalkboard on a loudspeaker before listening to country ... especially on one of the biggest stages of all.

The Super Bowl has been and probably ALWAYS will be groups that relate to the Pop and Classic Rock era - Thats what usually happens.

I would think Joan Jett would be a great act,she was the best female rocker in the 80s IMO.

Last edited:
U2. Bring back the 2001 mojo.

too unpatriotic, just like with green day I dont think performers who sing treasonous songs about this country should perform at the superbowl.

They have UK bands so there nothing wrong with having American bands sing about politics. Were everyone that dislike Bush unpatriotic but dislike Obama a patriotic for some reason? Green Day has lots of songs that aren't political.

I would love to see Iron Maiden do this but they hate this sport so that won't happen.

Alex Marvez has a couple of choices for Goodell to think about..

Which act will get the nod for Super Bowl XLIV? - FOX Sports on MSN

I would think it would be beyond cool to see Bon Jovi as the singing act,especially if Jon's good buddy Belichick is on the sidelines :)

Bon Jovi is my choice - Any other good suggestions for wholesome 'Family' type musicians that Goodell desires instead of seeing Janet Jacksons tit?

I'd like to see "The Who".....they can still really rock!!!....;)

Nothing personal,but I would rather hear nails scratching down a chalkboard on a loudspeaker before listening to country ... especially on one of the biggest stages of all.

The Super Bowl has been and probably ALWAYS will be groups that relate to the Pop and Classic Rock era - Thats what usually happens.

I would think Joan Jett would be a great act,she was the best female rocker in the 80s IMO.

I think early Heart rocked more than Joan Jett. It's amazing how bad their later stuff was when compared to their early stuff.

Last edited:
Hanson....

I was at SB 36, I like U2 a lot and I was too nervous during half time to watch them, so I just walked around downstairs and said "I can't believe the freaking Patriots are winning this game!" over and over.

I was at SB 39 and somehow managed to enjoy Paul McCartney.

I was at SB 42 and I can't ever listen to Tom Petty now. He's off my Ipod and his music to me is like getting slammed in the head with a hammer.

Of the three, Tom Petty was by far my favorite.

My point is that I'm planning on the Pats being back in the big game and getting someone you really like for the half time show can have some hair on it.

I wasn't at SB 38 and missed Janet Jackson's breast. No big loss there, either.

One of these years Elvis is going to show up at halftime.

I second the request for Motorhead. If Lemme can't make it, then Black Sabbath.

I could see Van Halen (with Roth) doing it. They've only been milking it for about 15 years, as opposed to the Eagles and Clapton who haven't done anything new and good since the early 80's.

Oh, and Clapton is not God. Jeff Beck is.

I was at SB 36, I like U2 a lot and I was too nervous during half time to watch them, so I just walked around downstairs and said "I can't believe the freaking Patriots are winning this game!" over and over.

I was at SB 39 and somehow managed to enjoy Paul McCartney.

I was at SB 42 and I can't ever listen to Tom Petty now. He's off my Ipod and his music to me is like getting slammed in the head with a hammer.

Of the three, Tom Petty was by far my favorite.

My point is that I'm planning on the Pats being back in the big game and getting someone you really like for the half time show can have some hair on it.

I wasn't at SB 38 and missed Janet Jackson's breast. No big loss there, either.

SB 42 ruined Tom Petty for me too. Can't listen to him, and Free Falling in particular... haven't heard it since then.

What they are really looking for is the best middle of the road act which a lot will like and nobody will hate. Bob Dylan comes to mind as somebody who fits the bill.

A mixed package like Elton John and the Black Eyed Peas is something I could see happening.

Bryan Adams and some random female artist would be something that would go down well with a lot of people too.

These are not my personal favourites I must add.

I'm a big Iron Maiden fan but I don't think they would ever get to do it, well at least not on their own. I am a huge Dylan fan too.

Oh and to the person who said Gloria Estefan, she has done two halftime shows already. I think thats enough of her.

..this just in...Omissioner Fearless Leader signed the Frostbite Falls Duo for the halftime show where it's reported they'll play a medley of popular hits like "Cheeseburgers In Paradise" and "If I Had A Camera"..

Boris_natasha_fearless.jpg

SB 42 ruined Tom Petty for me too. Can't listen to him, and Free Falling in particular... haven't heard it since then.

Tom Petty is the anti Christ.

Running down a dream... my A**!!!

Here some more choices that would be fun for the Super Bowl.

RATM

Foo Fighters

Kings Of Leon

Arcade Fire

Jay-Z

Dr Dre-Eminem

Wu Tang Clan

The Roots

Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star

Jurassic 5

Immortal Technique

Dead Prez

Public Enemy

Nas-Damian Marley

Kayne West

Last edited:
And here some more.

Ice Cube

Ghetto Boys

Rakism

Slick Rick

Brother Ali

Athmosphere

ACDC(don't like them at all but they could be included)

George Clinton

Last edited:
Its not going to be a current popular artist or band. Statistically, the older generation watches the half time show more than the younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back