PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to make a decision on SB 44 halftime show - Which is your choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go really far out on a limb and predict that it will be a severely aged white rocker who appeals primarily to baby boomers for nostalgic reasons, and who will very likely underwhelm in live performance.

I think country music would be the next halftime show based on where it is.

Justin Beiber? Him and Brady could compare haircare techniques. (and no, I am fine with Brady having whatever haircut he wants as long as he is in an NE uniform)

But seriously, it will be another "non provocative" person or band. It's a shame, MTV was on to something with the younger acts...every year I renew my hatred for Janet Jackson and her boob for ruining Super Bowl Halftimes

Justin Beiber? Him and Brady could compare haircare techniques. (and no, I am fine with Brady having whatever haircut he wants as long as he is in an NE uniform)

But seriously, it will be another "non provocative" person or band. It's a shame, MTV was on to something with the younger acts...every year I renew my hatred for Janet Jackson and her boob for ruining Super Bowl Halftimes

I agree about Janet.

Please, not Carrie Underwood. I can't stand her.

But, the one I suggested, above, Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions band would be a perfect fit. Check out the samples I left the links to.

But he already did the halftime show so can't happen again.

Radiohead would be great. They are very popular.

I'm going to go really far out on a limb and predict that it will be a severely aged white rocker who appeals primarily to baby boomers for nostalgic reasons, and who will very likely underwhelm in live performance.

This, oh god this!

Btw MOSS, props on bumping a year old thread!

Well the good thing about Super Bowl 38 is that the Pats won :cool:

If you want great songs and a great show the best band for it would be Muse, but I'm guessing they're not popular enough in the US to get the nod.

I'm guessing Jay-Z will get it one year. Maybe this one?

Ummmm.....

no Dio?

or Iron Maiden?

this list is a joke....

Gee, having Ronnie James Dio play The Super Bowl would be the greatest feat in the history of the human race.

Uhh... Dio DIED a few months ago. Tell me someone using his avatar around here is aware of this. And if that's the case, that suggestion is just a tasteless joke.
But that would be par for the course from a metal head.

If you want great songs and a great show the best band for it would be Muse, but I'm guessing they're not popular enough in the US to get the nod.

I'm guessing Jay-Z will get it one year. Maybe this one?

Muse is big right now and have for a while now. They could pro from but I don't know. Jay-Z might do it when they play in New Jersey in 2014.

Gee, having Ronnie James Dio play The Super Bowl would be the greatest feat in the history of the human race.

Uhh... Dio DIED a few months ago. Tell me someone using his avatar around here is aware of this. And if that's the case, that suggestion is just a tasteless joke.
But that would be par for the course from a metal head.

Wow, ok. A) Look at the post date, idiot. July 2009 = BEFORE Dio died. How about looking at things like that before being a total douche.

B) People whom listen to metal are stupid = Are you really serious, thinking you know anything about someone because of what music they listen to? You're quite the enlightened human.

Last edited:
Wow, ok. A) Look at the post date, idiot. July 2009 = BEFORE Dio died. How about looking at things like that before being a total douche.

B) People whom listen to metal are stupid = Are you really serious, thinking you know anything about someone because of what music they listen to? You're quite the enlightened human.

I think he is putting a stereotype in that stupid people listen to metal.

B) People whom listen to metal are stupid = Are you really serious, thinking you know anything about someone because of what music they listen to? You're quite the enlightened human being.

I NEVER said that. I would have never made a broad sweeping generalization like that. And taking into consideration I got PAID to do social demographic research for 17 years while running an independent record label in New York City, I CAN make a good guess as to how someone is going to be in certain areas of their personality dependent on the artists they choose to listen to. I made a career of doing exactly that, so I guess you just walked into that one.

Way to put words in my mouth. Another guy did this the other day over here on another thread.

And that's too broad a subject anyway. I can tell you the average listener's expected tendencies in all the different Metal SUBdivisions if you wish. There's subtle differences 'tween.
Or, if you'd rather see another person break it down, watch "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" online. He goes a little into the average Metal fan's social tendencies as well.

Thank you.

I think ACDC would be an ideal halftime act. It's just the right mix of uptempo, mullett wearing, nostalgic, big sales arena rock that will generate higher ratings than the lingerie bowl.

Aerosmith makes lots of sense too, though they've been a real mess lately.

I could see Bon Jovi play, but I hate 'em. Ditto for Van Halen. I'd fear the prospect of any 70's act that hasn't already played the halftime show. Elton John is too soft rock for the Super Bowl. George Clinton and Ozzy/Sabbath are too freaky. Plenty of people hate Dylan, and he wouldn't do it anyway. If Billy Joel played I would refuse to watch the game and swear off football for life.

Bowie? Could work. I see the Patriots taking the lead from the Saints before halftime, then Bowie comes out and plays "Changes." Could be that "Beautiful Day" or "Free Fallin'" halftime show moment that seems to summarize the game.

I'd love to see Phish play an 80 minute halftime show. On trampolines. With a vacuum solo. Would give Belichick plenty of time to gameplan for the 3rd quarter. That's fantasyland though.

I wonder when the NFL will open up to 90's rockstars. Plenty of untapped nostalga potential there. Green Day. Pearl Jam. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Would be big shows.

I think ACDC would be an ideal halftime act. It's just the right mix of uptempo, mullett wearing, nostalgic, big sales arena rock that will generate higher ratings than the lingerie bowl.

Aerosmith makes lots of sense too, though they've been a real mess lately.

I could see Bon Jovi play, but I hate 'em. Ditto for Van Halen. I'd fear the prospect of any 70's act that hasn't already played the halftime show. Elton John is too soft rock for the Super Bowl. George Clinton and Ozzy/Sabbath are too freaky. Plenty of people hate Dylan, and he wouldn't do it anyway. If Billy Joel played I would refuse to watch the game and swear off football for life.

Bowie? Could work. I see the Patriots taking the lead from the Saints before halftime, then Bowie comes out and plays "Changes." Could be that "Beautiful Day" or "Free Fallin'" halftime show moment that seems to summarize the game.

I'd love to see Phish play an 80 minute halftime show. On trampolines. With a vacuum solo. Would give Belichick plenty of time to gameplan for the 3rd quarter. That's fantasyland though.

I wonder when the NFL will open up to 90's rockstars. Plenty of untapped nostalga potential there. Green Day. Pearl Jam. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Would be big shows.

Dylan isn't that hated. Lot of music critics love him.

The best part of the link was all the Pats hate posted under every Pats story.

Embrace the hate!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back