PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to make a decision on SB 44 halftime show - Which is your choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is? I must check it out now.

Here some more choices that would be fun for the Super Bowl.

RATM

Foo Fighters

Kings Of Leon

Arcade Fire

Jay-Z

Dr Dre-Eminem

Wu Tang Clan

The Roots

Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star

Jurassic 5

Immortal Technique

Dead Prez

Public Enemy

Nas-Damian Marley

Kayne West

I can't see the NFL putting a rapper or The Arcade Fire on there. On that list, RATM, Foo Fighters, and Kings of Leon would be choices that the NFL would probably make if they were to bring back pop bands. Kings of Leon I wouldn't want, personally, because you can't understand a damn word that they say.

I'm getting tired of seeing the Oldies rock bands, though. The Who REALLY sucked last year and shouldn't be playing to a rock club in Podunk, Louisiana... much less the Super Bowl.

I NEVER said that. I would have never made a broad sweeping generalization like that. And taking into consideration I got PAID to do social demographic research for 17 years while running an independent record label in New York City, I CAN make a good guess as to how someone is going to be in certain areas of their personality dependent on the artists they choose to listen to. I made a career of doing exactly that, so I guess you just walked into that one.

Way to put words in my mouth. Another guy did this the other day over here on another thread.

And that's too broad a subject anyway. I can tell you the average listener's expected tendencies in all the different Metal SUBdivisions if you wish. There's subtle differences 'tween.
Or, if you'd rather see another person break it down, watch "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" online. He goes a little into the average Metal fan's social tendencies as well.

Thank you.

Look man, you said "But that would be par for the course from a metal head.", what else am I supposed to take away from that? I'm sorry, though, I did come off more ****-ish than I meant.

And, how much can you really tell from people by what they listen to? I'll use myself as an example. The last few artists that played on my mp3 player today were Rise Against, The Roots, Fall Out Boy, Motley Crue, Lady Gaga, Slipknot, Lil Wayne, Eminem, and The Black Ghosts. What social information could someone possibly grab from that? That I like music?

I am not trying to insult or downplay what you did, just understand how it would work.

Last edited:
I can't see the NFL putting a rapper or The Arcade Fire on there. On that list, RATM, Foo Fighters, and Kings of Leon would be choices that the NFL would probably make if they were to bring back pop bands.

The Arcade Fire is getting pretty big nowadays. There new album hit number one on the Billboard chart in America. I'm not too sure about RATM now to think of it because of politics reasons. Why can't you see any of the rappers in halftime show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News