PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to be interviewed on NBC at 8:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god! I haven't listened to a word of the national media all week and now I sit here listening to NBC and I can't believe what I am hearing. Is this indicative of what has been said all week? Did the Bus just say the Pats wins were tainted because we made some big plays?? Are you kidding me, has this been going on all week?

Yes, it's been driving me insane. I've tried to stay away from it, but the only way to stay away from it is to stop following sports altogether. It's bordering on mass insanity!

My god! I haven't listened to a word of the national media all week and now I sit here listening to NBC and I can't believe what I am hearing. Is this indicative of what has been said all week? Did the Bus just say the Pats wins were tainted because we made some big plays?? Are you kidding me, has this been going on all week?

Yup, this has been all week. No, Bettis, not because you svcked...we cheated...you big fat blob.

Re: Goodell to talk on FNIA

**** this. I hate Goodell. What a jerk to do it right before the game.

Mr. Disingenious himself.

With Jimmy Johnson stating that he videotaped playcalling for KC more than 30 years ago its now clear that all or most teams have been doing this for at least that long.

While he should be apologizing he'll continue to act like he just "saved" the game by labeling the Patriots cheaters for what every other team has been doing for 30 years.

alright, he is up next. everyone have their voodoo dolls ready?

He looks uncomfortable, and isn't very well spoken - some pretty poor english there.

Edit - heck, his responses almost seem rehearsed...

Last edited:
Ugh.

Goodell is making it clear that he's using the Patriots as an example for the rest of the league.

He does make a good point that Wilson broke the law, while Belichick didn't (and subtly hints that Wilson wasn't just using it for personal use).

Last edited:
He looks uncomfortable, and isn't very well spoken - some pretty poor english there.

Edit - heck, his responses almost seem rehearsed...
What is he saying?

"It's unprecedented, it's unprecedented..."

Yes, that's exactly the problem you mumbling d0uchebag. Ohh, and Costas is cringeworthy. The midget needs to be transfered back to baseball.

...says they've heard 'rumors' of clubs mic'ing players, and will monitor all 32 clubs. Very generic answers here, to some decent questions by Costas

Goodel is talking about the audio, didn't necessarily comfirm Kremer's report.

The commish is owning wee-man here. Go figure, it looks like Goodell has our back right now compared to the OMFG!!!ESPIONAGE!!! obsessed media.

doesnt sound like there is much to the rumours on further investigations and wanting videos and notes going back to 2000. sounds like the league is looking forward and not back.

He's not giving clear answers on anything, especially the audio reports.

Costas just asked if he thinks the NFl should have waited, and gathered more info before handing down the penalties. Goodell 'reserves the right' to revisit the situation if there is new information...

...no reason to beleive that Kraft knew about this taping...

...confident that the Pats will handove all videos, etc...

Geez, this is clear as mud.

Is there a further investigation or not?

What is he saying?

He's using the word impactful alot (which comes up on dictionary.com but I've never heard or seen in my life) and mumbling and saying "uhhh" alot. For the son of a Senator, he's not particularly well spoken.

He's making it very clear that the Patriots received a hefty penalty to make sure other teams know he's going to be monitoring it.

If new information comes to light, Patriots could be punished further; same if Patriots don't turn over all notes and tapes related to the incident. He doesn't think Bob Kraft had any knowledge of the incident (yeah, right).

I think Costas was just pushing him in one direction.. He wanted Goodell to say F you Pats..

Costas just asked if he thinks the NFl should have waited, and gathered more info before handing down the penalties. Goodell 'reserves the right' to revisit the situation if there is new information...

sounded like a bit of lip service on this though.

1. As long as the NFL is going to take a first from the other 32 teams so be it.

2. Once again Miami miking their lineman didn't come up.

3. He's very naive if he thinks he's getting all the tapes and notes.

sounded like a bit of lip service on this though.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm dissapointed he didn't take this opportunity to put this to bed, and let the NFL get on with the season. he could have said something along the lines of "the issue is now behind us, and barring clear violations, i consider this closed" or something. Not saying something like that kinda makes me uneasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes