PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: No Regrets of destroying tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a big deal at all to me. Seriously. Because the "sign stealing" is just one technique vs. another to gain the same result. What the Dolphins did was legal but what we didn't wasn't ? Bull.

I care about one thing - that Belichick told Goodall the truth back in September so there's no reason for any further sanctions. Other than that, I just raise my middle finger to everyone who thinks any of this means anything.

This kind of thing goes back to Paul Brown and before him.

Amen brother.

unfortunately, that is very, very bad news as it pertains to the Patriots legacy. people from around the country can now point at our 3 SB wins and say that we were breaking the rules the entire time, b/c BB admitted to doing it the whole time.

I doubt we'll get punished by the league any more, but man we are now going to hear a LOT about the "tarnished SB wins"
I'll just ignore them. Are the Pitteburgh wins tarnished because they were out in front of the league in steroid usage ? Are the later SF wins tarnished because they were cheating on the salary cap ?

Yes, I will still be cheering next year. I'm just not sure if BB will be back though.

:(

Not to worry, you'll see your favorite hooded coach in his finest next year!

PFT was using their own unidentified source for that story. For this story, they are using Arlen Specter's press conference as the source, and his source was Goodell, and his source was BB.

I'm afraid that's too credible for me to have much hope. :(

If Arlen Specter didn't have his own adjenda then that would be one thing, but as he briefly glossed over in his dog n pony show conference he's working for his buddies at Comcast at the moment so if'n ya don't mind I'll wait to hear what Rog has to say on the issue....or even better, but highly less likely, what the Pats have to say on the issue.

Other than that, I just raise my middle finger to everyone who thinks any of this means anything.

I agree with most of what you said...however this means that for the forseeable future, and maybe forever, people are going to tell us that the Pats only won the 3 SB's by cheating, and we're gonna have to listen to that.

and that sucks.

for me, the legacy matters.

Last edited:
Well at least it's all out in the open now...

No more demons in BB closet.

I agree with most of what you said...however this means that for the forseeable future, and maybe forever, people are going to tell us that the Pats only won the 3 SB's by cheating, and we're gonna have to listen to that.

and that sucks.

Well people will think what they'll think. You can't worry about what they think of your football team, what you look like or anything else. We won 3 SB. If people want to say we cheated that's that. We clearly broke the intent of at least one rule. As have others. As will others. Heck, when Paul Brown put a radio transmitter on Otto Graham was that fair ? Can my kid take a picture of a math test on his phone, send it to me and have me radio him back the answers ? That's basically what Brown was trying to do (he got caught in the preseason). Getting away with what you can is part of football; heck it's part of life. I wouldn't worry about what others think about anything, Patriots or otherwise.

I'll just ignore them. Are the Pitteburgh wins tarnished because they were out in front of the league in steroid usage ? Are the later SF wins tarnished because they were cheating on the salary cap ?

the Pittsburgh example inst perfect b/c steroids were not banned by the NFL back then. they weren't breaking any rules.

the SF example is good...but unfortunately people perceive the salary cap cheating as less significant than what we did b/c the penalty was much less

it doesn't matter if Specter says another word
or if Matt Walsh never comes forward
or if the NFL gives out any more penalties
or if Congress doesnt get involved

the bomb that dropped was the Pats admitting to breaking the rules throughout the SB run. THAT is the big deal.

In otherwords, the bomb has dropped that we found out something we already know. Oh my god. It is only a big deal in conspiracy theorists and Patriots haters.

I never thought spygate was a big deal and never will unless they find out something more than the Pats videotaping signals.

PFT was using their own unidentified source for that story. For this story, they are using Arlen Specter's press conference as the source, and his source was Goodell, and his source was BB.

you know, ian charges a nickel every time you use that emoticon.

LOL! Specter is about as credible as the magic bullet that he concocted that killed Kennedy.

and that sucks.

My response is that the Indy Colts Super Bowl is bogus as well, because the Dolphins cheated, stole our signals, and if they hadn't we would have had home field advantage, would have beaten Indy and the Bears.

See, two idiots can play this same game.

My response is that the Indy Colts Super Bowl is bogus as well, because the Dolphins cheated, stole our signals, and if they hadn't we would have had home field advantage, would have beaten Indy and the Bears.

See, two idiots can play this same game.
The other point related to other teams is that a full investigation that finds misdoings of one team is meaningless unless an equal investigation is done on all teams. It's the same as drug testing one team but not the other 31.

you know, ian charges a nickel every time you use that emoticon.

I just wanted to give you credit, that line was damn funny.

It's possible but I'm still very worried there is a lot more. Kraft might fire BB first though so as to not have the Pats and the NFL dragged down with him.

I think it's the only logical outcome now. If Kraft fires BB and apologizes for his teams actions, he can save the organization face and the fans and the NFL would be forgiving. Of course, if BB is gone, the possibility is that once the evidence is shown to be damaging enough, they won't dig deeper and find even MORE dirt.

And at this point, Goodell will probably have to step aside too. He's shown just too much complicity.

Yes, that's the only way for this to end the right way. Kraft will have to fire BB and Goodell will have to resign. It's a sad day for the NFL.

Your logic sucks a proverbial ****. How the hell does that make any sense at all?

How come most of the dumbest posts on the forum are made by people who registered this month with incredibly ebullient Patriot usernames?

That's a very good point BelichickFan. If other teams were found to have broken the rules too, then it would make them look just as bad as the Pats. Unfortunately, if no other teams were found to have cheated, the Pats would look even worse, dare I say.

It's tough to be "found" doing something when no-one investigates you. We're the subject of a witch hunt, nothing more nothing less. And you're a troll.

That's a very good point BelichickFan. If other teams were found to have broken the rules too, then it would make them look just as bad as the Pats. Unfortunately, if no other teams were found to have cheated, the Pats would look even worse, dare I say.

when you were a kid did the pats team bus run over your puppy?

I think everyone who's is in any way panicking about this needs to just take a deep breath and relax. The issue of SpyGate is CLOSED in the eyes of the commissioner of the NFL. There were notes from 2004. Goodell has known this since September. THIS IS WHY THE PENALTY WAS SO HARSH! The Pats got a punishment EQUAL to the stuff they were doing.

No matter how hard Arlen Specter bangs his fist on the podium, this is a DEAD ISSUE in the eyes of the most powerful man in football (who has already earned a reputation for taking NO B.S). This is the beginning of the end of Spygate 2 once and for all. The Pats broke the rules doing something illegal but commonly practiced and took the fall for it. Taping of defensive signals will not happen anymore in the NFL. The end.

Specter said that is what Goodell told him. Don't you think that if Goodell didn't say those things, he would've immediately sent out a statement of denial?

:bricks:

Oh no! Goodell told Specter something we already know that the Pats videotaped signals prior to the Jets game.

I'm interested in Specter explaining how stealing the Steelers' defensive signals caused:
1.) Ben Roethlisberger to throw 3 interceptions
2.) Bettis to fumble on a critical 4th and one
3.) the Steelers had seven possessions in the first half and had one field goal, three turnovers, and three punts
4.) The Steelers could only convert 4 of 12 third downs.

Last time I checked, stealing defensive signals only helps a team's offense if it helps at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back