PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: No Regrets of destroying tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately, that is very, very bad news as it pertains to the Patriots legacy. people from around the country can now point at our 3 SB wins and say that we were breaking the rules the entire time, b/c BB admitted to doing it the whole time.

I doubt we'll get punished by the league any more, but man we are now going to hear a LOT about the "tarnished SB wins"

Just like all those tarnished Steelers' SB wins in the 70's when most of the team was on steroids. The Pats legacy will be fine, history judge it not knee jerk reactions.

Per the Commish Spygate is dead unless additional evidence comes to light. Unless the Assistant Golf Pro comes forward with a tape this issue is dead no matter how much the Eagle-fan yells. He looks like a fool. Tomorrow will suck (media wise). But it's only to get better from there.

Unless, Specter wants to push this further, which would be extremely idiotic of him to do without new evidence, this thing's going to end here. It won't stop the continuous speculation, since the patriots organization won't do anything to try and prove that Matt Walsh is an opportunist. Knowing Kraft, he's going to make Belichick avoid annoying the NFL further, and then eventually, the league will allow a headset in one defensive player's helmet, which we all know will make Belichick even more dangerous.

Unless, Specter wants to push this further, which would be extremely idiotic of him to do without new evidence, this thing's going to end here. It won't stop the continuous speculation, since the patriots organization won't do anything to try and prove that Matt Walsh is an opportunist. Knowing Kraft, he's going to make Belichick avoid annoying the NFL further, and then eventually, the league will allow a headset in one defensive player's helmet, which we all know will make Belichick even more dangerous.

Specter can push it with or without evidence, that's the beauty of a witch-hunt... you just get in front of cameras and say, "where is the other evidence" a bunch of different ways.

Hey, maybe I'm a pessimist... and I hear ya about the Pats front office/legal team/etc. I think right now the Pats are not before any committees. Goodell might be soon. Perhaps Belichick. And we'll all put up with crap for what seems like, to coin a phrase, ever.

I don't think the Pats counter until that's over, if at all. But hey, I could be wrong.

Either way, I'm prepared to just live on the island with other Pats fans... it's always a little like that among football fans anyway... and the good ones, the knowledgable ones, seem to laugh at the whole thing. "Yeah the Pats cheat, and so does everybody else" seems to be the attitude you hear from guys that don't change the channel to figure skating in the third quarter.

But other than the ones who just sort of shrug at the whole thing... when I run into a jackass fan of another team who thinks this is hugely significant, I could give a sh 1 t what they think. And that's for ever too.

By the way, we all know we lost the big one. But how do you explain 18-0, under a microscope, when the only way we could win in the past was cheating?

And when do we open the investigation into Donovan McNabb's criminal mishandling of a 2 minute drill?

PFnV

Specter can push it with or without evidence, that's the beauty of a witch-hunt... you just get in front of cameras and say, "where is the other evidence" a bunch of different ways.

Hey, maybe I'm a pessimist... and I hear ya about the Pats front office/legal team/etc. I think right now the Pats are not before any committees. Goodell might be soon. Perhaps Belichick. And we'll all put up with crap for what seems like, to coin a phrase, ever.

I don't think the Pats counter until that's over, if at all. But hey, I could be wrong.

Either way, I'm prepared to just live on the island with other Pats fans... it's always a little like that among football fans anyway... and the good ones, the knowledgable ones, seem to laugh at the whole thing. "Yeah the Pats cheat, and so does everybody else" seems to be the attitude you hear from guys that don't change the channel to figure skating in the third quarter.

But other than the ones who just sort of shrug at the whole thing... when I run into a jackass fan of another team who thinks this is hugely significant, I could give a sh 1 t what they think. And that's for ever too.

By the way, we all know we lost the big one. But how do you explain 18-0, under a microscope, when the only way we could win in the past was cheating?

And when do we open the investigation into Donovan McNabb's criminal mishandling of a 2 minute drill?

PFnV

I think the more Specter pushes it, the more he potentially has it backfire in his face. The guy has not even tried to hide his agenda on this issue. The more he pushes without any other Senator running to his support, the more he risks people starting to question his motives. Even many of the talking heads who are loving the Roger Clemens and steriods stuff are lukewarm or outright against what Specter is doing. He is treading a very thin line right now from being a man trying to championing the sport to being a guy using the Pats to push his political agenda.

Patriots haters are going to think the Pats cheated no matter what. There is nothing we can do about it. But Specter's aggressiveness in an area where most of the country feels that his time should be spent elsewhere could actually turn the Pats into victims of a rouge Senator.

Maybe I am being overly optimistic, but I have seen a lot of media turn on Specter over the Pats since this story broke.

Re: Goodell:No Regrets of destroying tapes

ChickenLittle.jpg

If you're a Pats fan I will eat my own poop.
How can you if the sky is falling? ;)

Goodell is looking just horrible. It's more pervasive than we're ever likely to know.

Re: Goodell:No Regrets of destroying tapes

It's more pervasive than we're ever likely to know.
What's more pervasive ? Stealing signs ? Grow up this isn't JV football.

I don't appreciate that. Whenever you first signed up and your post count was low, I doubt people were rude to you.

I think its embarrassing that an element persists among our fanbase that says, "forget what everyone else thinks and forget the rules, who cares as long as we win and humiliate people." I would rather cheer for a losing Pats team that at least loses with dignity than one that wins without it.

:mad:

are you a 40 yr old virgin??? stop whining.

are you a 40 yr old virgin??? stop whining.

Well, you see, in the game of Feelingsball (that's what the Patriots play, right?) protecting your opponents' feelings is very important. Because the Patriots arent doing that, they must be a bunch of jerks. At least that's my understanding of the matter.

Well, you see, in the game of Feelingsball (that's what the Patriots play, right?) protecting your opponents' feelings is very important. Because the Patriots arent doing that, they must be a bunch of jerks. At least that's my understanding of the matter.

:rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back