PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: New tape would mean more punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we're losing all credibility in 3, 2, 1... "What that means and whether the coach would still be the coach when a likely suspension ends remains to be seen. The hiring of Dom Capers as an assistant coach earlier this year raised eyebrows in some circles, and some think he’d take the reins if Belichick is suspended and, thereafter, possibly not retained."
:rofl:
Unless I missed it (possible, as I've been busy lately), I'm surprised more folks arent' talking about this:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/25/so-what-does-walsh-have/

"And while no one knows what Walsh knows (or thinks he knows), some league insiders firmly believe that he has something, and some believe that it will be enough to cause real problems for the Pats and for Belichick."

According to Florio, sounds like some folks in the know believe that (a) Walsh doesn't have that SB walkthrough, but (b) does have other things that will get BB and the Pats in trouble. I'll go on the record right now as saying that I personally don't think it's a big deal if it's just the listed statement re: using players on IR. That merits a fine and little else. The Players Union may be the ones most irked about that, as that rule is largely to protect the players I'd imagine. If it's worse than that, then we'll need to see what it is.

Unless I missed it (possible, as I've been busy lately), I'm surprised more folks arent' talking about this:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/25/so-what-does-walsh-have/

"And while no one knows what Walsh knows (or thinks he knows), some league insiders firmly believe that he has something, and some believe that it will be enough to cause real problems for the Pats and for Belichick."

According to Florio, sounds like some folks in the know believe that (a) Walsh doesn't have that SB walkthrough, but (b) does have other things that will get BB and the Pats in trouble. I'll go on the record right now as saying that I personally don't think it's a big deal if it's just the listed statement re: using players on IR. That merits a fine and little else. The Players Union may be the ones most irked about that, as that rule is largely to protect the players I'd imagine. If it's worse than that, then we'll need to see what it is.

Fanetic...unless you're a coward, low-life loser who just wants to come on our board to stir things up...aka TROLL, answer the question I asked you in my last post.

Otherwise, you are declaring "FOOTBALLFANETIC IS ONLY HERE TO TROLL PATSFANS.COM!"

ANSWER THE QUESTION:mad:

p.s. Zeek Mowat, in case the Fanetic has me on his ignore list, please include my quote in a post.

Last edited:
We have 2 more weeks to know the truth and know the fate of BB in Pats.

We have 2 more weeks to know the truth and know the fate of BB in Pats.

Not really...we all know nothing is going to happen bro.

Have you read any posts that give you the feeling we're worried?

Are you?

Besides, I'm sure you're like the rest of us who love BB...right?

Last edited:
Here ya go skip...(next time spell my name right or I'll go Lisa Olsen on you though :D)
Fanetic...unless you're a coward, low-life loser who just wants to come on our board to stir things up...aka TROLL, answer the question I asked you in my last post.

Otherwise, you are declaring "FOOTBALLFANETIC IS ONLY HERE TO TROLL PATSFANS.COM!"

ANSWER THE QUESTION:mad:

p.s. Zeek Mowat, in case the Fanetic has me on his ignore list, please include my quote in a post.

Here ya go skip...(next time spell my name right or I'll go Lisa Olsen on you though :D)

zeek, geek...it's all the same, at least that was my thinking.

...thanks!:cool:

Not really...we all know nothing is going to happen bro.

Have you read any posts that give you the feeling we're worried?

Are you?

i'm not worried and i don't have any reason to do that. However, i would like to see this spygate issue resolved in this month so that we don't have to see it again before a SB game.

Besides, I'm sure you're like the rest of us who love BB...right?
I love everything about Pats. I like him because of his accomplishment in football.

i'm not worried and i don't have any reason to do that. However, i would like to see this spygate issue resolved in this month so that we don't have to see it again before a SB game.

I love everything about Pats. I like him because of his accomplishment in football.

Thanks for letting me know where you stand.

Too bad Footballfanetic doesn't have the courage to do the same!:rolleyes:

And of course you're hoping upon hope that there is NO NEW EVIDENCE...right Fanetic?:rolleyes:

Seriously, WHAT do YOU hope will happen? Share with us our sad Bills fan from Tonawanda or some other God foresaken place near Buffalo.

Sorry, buddy, but believe it or not I have a life--sorry I didn't answer you in under an hour. No need to PM me or write multiple posts asking me to answer your question. Stalker anyone?

What do I hope will happen? Personally, as someone who really doesn't care for your team much, and who suspects that your coach and organization are capable of a lot worse than what they've been charged with so far, I'd like to see Walsh have some of what I suspect has really been going on at Gillette and I'd like to see that made public and, if that happens, your team and coached punished appropriately for that and, if there is a lot there, I'd like to see Kraft's and the other big market owner's lapdog Goodell go as well. Will that happen? We'll now see--something that many of you said would never happen just a couple short weeks ago.....

PS In terms of choosing to call a place "Godforsaken", just remember that I've lived in both Western NY and Boston and would take Western NY as a place to raise my family hands down. Today I actually live near a little place called New York City--maybe you've heard of it? Seems to have everything good old Beantown does, plus a lot more (including the current Super Bowl champs).

PSS I apologize to anyone other than PatriotsReign that I've offended--he's being a real homer jerk on this, including the private message he sent me on it this afternoon. Keep it civil and I'll do the same.

Personally, as someone who really doesn't care for your team much, and who suspects that your coach and organization are capable of a lot worse than what they've been charged with so far, .
Well know...we finally know what you are...just another Patriot hater..but beyond that a PHONY....playing like you are just an opbjective fan...LOL..I am glad you admit what you are...VERY good!!! I never believed you were...just another phony..Pats hater...I suspect you are VERY jealous of what this teams stands for and done..and is a fan teams that basically SUCK...LOL..
I'd like to see Walsh have some of what I suspect has really been going on at Gillette and I'd like to see that made public and, if that happens, your team and coached punished appropriately for that and, if there is a lot there, I'd like to see Kraft's and the other big market owner's lapdog Goodell go as well. .
Well Mr so called football fan...SOUR grapes on you..You know what?? What's been going on in Gillette is a lot of great football minds... something that you would never know about.. do not recognize... and hate..so you have to come up and make all kinds of excuses WHY your low life team can not compete.. as to your attack on Mr Kraft.. Maybe the owners should STOP giving any money to the so called small market teams.. let you go away..with their poor spending habits..and DUMB management..How would you like that??
PS In terms of choosing to call a place "Godforsaken", just remember that I've lived in both Western NY and Boston and would take Western NY as a place to raise my family hands down. Today I actually live near a little place called New York City--maybe you've heard of it? Seems to have everything good old Beantown does, plus a lot more (including the current Super Bowl champs). .
THAT explains it all troll...Just another New Yorker...
PSS I apologize to anyone other than PatriotsReign that I've offended--he's being a real homer jerk on this, including the private message he sent me on it this afternoon. Keep it civil and I'll do the same.
No need to apologize...I think many have known you are hardly objective...

Sorry, buddy, but believe it or not I have a life--sorry I didn't answer you in under an hour. No need to PM me or write multiple posts asking me to answer your question. Stalker anyone?

What do I hope will happen? Personally, as someone who really doesn't care for your team much, and who suspects that your coach and organization are capable of a lot worse than what they've been charged with so far, I'd like to see Walsh have some of what I suspect has really been going on at Gillette and I'd like to see that made public and, if that happens, your team and coached punished appropriately for that and, if there is a lot there, I'd like to see Kraft's and the other big market owner's lapdog Goodell go as well. Will that happen? We'll now see--something that many of you said would never happen just a couple short weeks ago.....

PS In terms of choosing to call a place "Godforsaken", just remember that I've lived in both Western NY and Boston and would take Western NY as a place to raise my family hands down. Today I actually live near a little place called New York City--maybe you've heard of it? Seems to have everything good old Beantown does, plus a lot more (including the current Super Bowl champs).

I don't pretend to be able to answer for PatriotsReign but this post I think pretty much sums up the hate for the Patriots among the other fan bases. You "suspect" they are capable of much worse than what they've been charged for so far. Well that says two things to me. The first is if all you can whine about is video taping something that is out in the open for all to see anyway is all you have then you're hate is hollow and completely disingenuious. You know it's not the over blown big deal and advantage its reported to be.....if you're honest. So what's left to comlpete and justify the hate? There had better be something diabolical out there and if there is no proof then wild accusations are all you need to keep it going. As much as you throw around the word homer, you are even worse in my opinion because Its obvious that you're intelligent enough to know that with all the rumors and stories and admissions of many other former players and coaches around the league of similar gamesmanship that you are applying a double standard. You are coming off as as no better than some of than half of the political commercials running now that are just as full of ****.

It's so obvious your jealousy of the big markets, Kraft and other big market owners that your praying for something....anything to bring them down. You know an old boss of mine said if you want to have the biggest building then build it. Don't go around knocking everyone elses down in hopes you's will be the biggest one left standing. Sorry for your dismal small market team's situation.

Last edited:
I don't pretend to be able to answer for PatriotsReign but this post I think pretty much sums up the hate for the Patriots among the other fan bases. You "suspect" they are capable of much worse than what they've been charged for so far. Well that says two things to me. The first is if all you can whine about is video taping something that is out in the open for all to see anyway is all you have then you're hate is hollow and completely disingenuious. You know it's not the over blown big deal and advantage its reported to be.....if you're honest. So what's left to comlpete and justify the hate? There had better be something diabolical out there and if there is no proof then wild accusations are all you need to keep it going. As much as you throw around the word homer, you are even worse in my opinion because Its obvious that you're intelligent enough to know that with all the rumors and stories and admissions of many other former players and coaches around the league of similar gamesmanship that you are applying a double standard. You are coming off as as no better than some of than half of the political commercials running now that are just as full of ****.

It's so obvious your jealousy of the big markets, Kraft and other big market owners that your praying for something....anything to bring them down. You know an old boss of mine said if you want to have the biggest building then build it. Don't go around knocking everyone elses down in hopes you's will be the biggest one left standing. Sorry for your dismal small market team's situation.
Beautifully well said and amazingly accurate. Thanks for cutting to the quick for what most of us would stutter and stammer through

Just exactly what do you think has been going on in Foxboro?
Maybe they have a smart coaching staff and good players that work hard, maybe they have the smartest QB in the game.
Thats whats so hard for you haters to accept, we're just better.

Just exactly what do you think has been going on in Foxboro?
Maybe they have a smart coaching staff and good players that work hard, maybe they have the smartest QB in the game.
Thats whats so hard for you haters to accept, we're just better.
Therein lies the problem - the "spygate" crap was such an easy scapegoat for all the dumbass homers of other teams who found it much harder to blame their coaches, players, and front offices for their teams lack of production - it's way easier to label the Pats as "cheaters" because they got caught doing what everyone else had done for decades than to accept the weak points of their teams, players, coaches, gm's, and ownership.

Goodell is totally inept. He is more concerned with looking like a tough guy then protecting the integrity of the league. Here he has an opportunity to describe just how detailed an investigation they did, and doesn't. He references the "rumors" of a walk-through tape and there by gives it credibility when he should give it none. His most detailed answers are all about punishment and rules violations. There were plenty of opportunities in there for him to show some support for one of his fanchises but never does so.

Amen.

I heard some similar garbage from Bob Ryan either Thursday or Friday. Some rambling bs about how Goofdell originally was ready to dismiss the myth that is Matt Falsh but has since come to believe Falsh has legitimate additional material. Of course not one single source I've seen has yet to even take a stab at backing this belief up instead only focusing on inflammatory hyperbole. Ryan also said it's his understanding that Falsh does not have a walk through tape but that he has something more than just the material that has been revealed so far. He also kept emphasizing that if there is however a walk through regardless of how we claim it was created there will be far stiffer penalties than what have been levied so far. This is the first I have heard anyone in the media speak as though the plausible deniability angle has been contemplated.

It really ticked me off to hear all this. First I don't believe he knows any of the above to be true. It's yet another overreaching statement which is again an embelishment of what Goofdell said about the potential consequences of additional information. Secondly, none of this intensification and fiery speculation would even exist if it weren't for Goofdell's woeful inability to properly countour his message.

One of two things are applicable here. Goofdell either wants the media to feel as though there is more material and therefore they are waiting with baited breath for his ascention to the mount where he will pull Bill's head from the bag and pound his chest while drinking the blood. Or he's a complete nob who just can't articulate anything worth a damn.

With him now grandstanding more about his wonderful immediate news conference I feel even more inclined that he has his mind made up that there is more punishment to come and his original statements aren't being manipulated so much as just reiterated.

What's your next genius move Roger, you going to sell pay per view for your May 13 news conference? Maybe you could work a deal with Comcast where if they get exclusive rights to carry your beheading of the great Satan they drop the case?

The guy has to go, period. He's going to kill us for sure and he's got a pretty good start on killing the league as well.

Fanetic...keep it civil? Really? I've asked you several questions over the past month & you have chosen to ignore them. Of course you have that right. but I also have the right to call you out on it, which I have done.

Although you "seem" to believe you may be a little smarter than most folks here, I assure you without a doubt, you're just like the rest of us. Our members have answered your questions, so you are obliged to do the same.

My calling you out had nothing to do with you not answering in the hour that is "alotted". I pm'd you for one reason only...because you have not resonded to many previous questions I asked you.

I lived in Amherst (Williamsville), NY and in no way does it compare culturally to living in eastern Massachusetts. If your goal is to raise your children (chil'n?) somewhere safe, there are thousands of "farm field" locations in the heartland besides NY.

But that is just my opinion.

Last edited:

You're very perceptive & have the ability to see through the clutter of words to get to the heart of matter.

Great post!

And when nothing happens, are you going to come here still and apologize to our members for bring up every little tidbit that backs WHAT YOU HOPE is the truth?

Or will you pout still?

Be prepared for 2 huge beatings at the hands of Brady & Co. this fall. I really hope we toss a 5 yard TD pass in the 4th quarter when we're up 48-0!:D

Last edited:
With him now grandstanding more about his wonderful immediate news conference I feel even more inclined that he has his mind made up that there is more punishment to come and his original statements aren't being manipulated so much as just reiterated.

My guess is he'll say one of two things--
(1) There's no new material here, case closed.
(2) There's new material here, and I'm going to investigate it.

My money's still on (1), simply because, as I've stated earlier in this thread, the Pats FO would have to all be utter idiots to know (2) is the case and pretend that it isn't.

My guess is he'll say one of two things--
(1) There's no new material here, case closed.
(2) There's new material here, and I'm going to investigate it.

My money's still on (1), simply because, as I've stated earlier in this thread, the Pats FO would have to all be utter idiots to know (2) is the case and pretend that it isn't.

I agree...very, very slim to none chance of #2 happening.

If Mr Walsh had something BIG, how & why would/could he have kept it to himself for all these years?

c'mon man, this stuff just doesn't come out of no where 7 years after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe