PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell: New tape would mean more punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space.
Thanks for your concern but I actually have a job and a life and have probably been a Pats fan since before you were born. The funny thing about conspiracy theories is that there is sometimes a conspiracy.
Sometimes when the facts don't agree with belief, the facts are right and the belief is wrong not the other way around.
My initial belief was the same as yours that Goodell was hard but fair in his initial punishment of Belichick and the Pats and the case would be closed. I also thought he would provide the same punishment for all rules violators. This did not happen.
Starting with the leak of the tape to Fox, the destruction of the Pats tapes, the Jets taping the Pats without permission, the alleged collusion between the Titans and Colts and finally the granting of credibility to Walsh, I see a pattern where Goodell scrupulously fails to investigate anyone else but the Pats with the exception of the miniscule penalty on the 49ers for tampering.
At this point our opinions digress, your faith in Goodell remains unshaken and I doubt that there is any action against that he would take that you would find fault with and there are some on this board that agree with you.
I am not of that opinion since the case is still alive and ongoing and the litany of actions has taken have IMO no explanation other than Goodell through his incompetence or bias or both has caused great harm to the Pats.
There are people on this board that agree with me.
I am on record as saying that Walsh will come up with some unrelated and unsubstantiated BS about rules violations and Goodell will open up another investigation of the Pats. If I am wrong which I hope, I will pleased to come back here and admit my error and never post again about Goodell and spygate.
If I am right, I would hope that all you Goodell supporters would take another look at the facts before you insult people with a different viewpoint.

Last edited:
Just accept the fact that the Pats taped from the friggin' sidelines. It is the truth. They were punished harshly, but stop trying to pretend the tapes were destroyed because they exhonerated the Pats.

Ummm . . . who said that it exonerated the Pats? What it would do is show that the penalty meted out was (as most of us felt, both at the time and now) too harsh.

I agree with you. Nobody has said that the Pats didn't violate a rule or shouldn't be punished which is the fallacy that some have attributed. What has been said is that the punishment received is unfair and never ending in comparison what other teams have received for similar or greater rules violations.

I agree with you. Nobody has said that the Pats didn't violate a rule or shouldn't be punished which is the fallacy that some have attributed. What has been said is that the punishment received is unfair and never ending in comparison what other teams have received for similar or greater rules violations.

The Patriots are in a lucrative and highly competitive business, wherein they have dominated headlines and most other teams for the last seven years, contrary to the way things were "supposed to be" after the cap and free agency were introduced. In fact, the Patriots did so well that they embarrassed the players, management, coaches and owners of other Franchises who thought that "parity" really meant "shared mediocrity."

So, no one outside of this Board and New England gives a rat's butt if what happens to the Patriots is "unfair." Like it or not, we're the Yankees of the NFL.

If the Pats were just another team consistently delivering seasons between 6--10 and 9--7, with a foray into the Playoffs ever three or four years, this story would have fizzled a long time ago and certainly wouldn't have attracted the attention of one of the Senate's most powerful members.

If the Pats were just another team consistently delivering seasons between 6--10 and 9--7, with a foray into the Playoffs ever three or four years, this story would have fizzled a long time ago and certainly wouldn't have attracted the attention of one of the Senate's most powerful members.

an excellence point

Hatred and envy is expected for the media and the fans of other loser teams. Isn't the Commssioner to be held to a standard of fairness, impartiality and IMO competancy or is he just a puppet of the media and people in other cities.
As for Senator Spector, as a member of the Republican minority in the Senate, he doesn't have the power to screw a light bulb into a socket without the permission of Senators Leahy and Kennedy who are from New England and have no desire to start a witchhunt concerning the Pats. The truth about Spector is that he is a blowhard representing his client Comcast and was a friend of Goodell's father the former Republican senator from NY state.

Last edited:
Hatred and envy is expected for the media and the fans of other loser teams. Isn't the Commssioner to be held to a standard of fairness, impartiality and IMO competancy or is he just a puppet of the media and people in other cities.

Exactly....I could care less about what other team's fans think..that's expected. It DOES rankle me what dirtbags like Tomassi are allowed to get away with in THIS market. The commissioner however...well, that's an entirely different story altogether. What do you people have to SEE with your own eyes and READ, before you realize THIS person is an agenda carrying catspaw for the NY Jets, the NY media and the hopes and aspirations of HIS sporting brethren, the friends he's garnered over a LIFETIME Of being a NEW YORK SPORTS FAN. There is absolutely NO REASON on this God given earth that THIS New England sports team hating reprobate should be allowed to EVER make ANY decision pertaining to the New England Patriots. Independent arbitrator. Period. He should have stepped out of the way and left it in the hands of UNBIASED individuals...people who NEVER went to Jet games in the Meadowlands and hurled insults at the Patriots like he did with all his "buddies" from high school, year after year. He's a LIAR, a COWARD and an ENEMY of ALL New England fans everywhere.

Last edited:
IMO the only thing that can stop Goodell is the ownership who might be tired of the ongoing investigation and I don't know if they will stand up to the NY media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes