PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Givens Signs with Browns Already ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill's Girl said:
That the circumstances are NOT the same is my point!! The other 31 NFL teams are not the same as the Patriots! You have to deal with moving, new teammates, coaches and playbooks. Do you want to go to a losing team? Do you want to play on turf, out in the cold or in the hot weather year round? How about playing for a team with shakey ownership that is not committed to winning? All of these things and more should influence this decision.

It is easy to look at this from the outside to say, "GREAT, double my salary!" But what good is the money if the other circumstances make you miserable. Like I said before, it is all a matter of what YOUR priorities are. If it is David's priority to make as much money as he can now that he has won SB rings, then have at it!

I guess I am the dumb one here for wanting all of these players to be like Tedy and Tommy where the money is NOT the number one priority!

It's not fair for you at all to impose your standards on other people no matter how admirable they may be. While no two teams are exactly the same, maybe DG doesn't mind being on a losing team. What if he thinks he will be a cornerstone in turning that franchise around? There are lots of people who would relish that challenge. Maybe he believes that turf will better accentuate his skills. Maybe he likes Cleveland's weather better than New Englands. Who says the Browns aren't committed to winning? They signed RAC for a reason didn't they? Maybe all or some of these reasons have influenced his decision. Who knows?

Because these circumstances would make you miserable does in no way automatically mean that it'll make everyone else feel exactly the same way as you. Give me a break.

Last edited:
smg93 said:
It's not fair for you at all to impose your standards on other people no matter how admirable they may be. While no two teams are exactly the same, maybe DG doesn't mind being on a losing team. What if he thinks he will be a cornerstone in turning that franchise around? There are lots of people who would relish that challenge. Maybe he believes that turf will better accentuate his skills. Maybe he likes Cleveland's weather better than New Englands. Who says the Browns aren't committed to winning? They signed RAC for a reason didn't they? Maybe all or some of these reasons have influenced his decision. Who knows?

Just because these circumstances would make you miserable, it certainly doesn't mean that it'll automatically make everyone else feel exactly the same way as you. Give me a break.

Sorry, Cleveland sucks period - make no mistake here ,it is all about the money for DGIV right now and I do not blame him one bit.

That's your opinion, but it may not be his

smg93 said:
That's your opinion, but it may not be his

In what regard - Cleveland or the money?

Have you ever been to Cleveland? If you have, then I rest my case, if not -- trust me when I say Cleveland sucks.

As for the money - he has Superbowl rings, he does not have much money, he is about to however and he deserves it.

fgssand said:
In what regard - Cleveland or the money?

Have you ever been to Cleveland? If you have, then I rest my case, if not -- trust me when I say Cleveland sucks.

As for the money - he has Superbowl rings, he does not have much money, he is about to however and he deserves it.

I agree with you about the money. All I'm saying is the city might suck, but as far as the team is concerned, maybe he's got other reasons for going there that we don't know about. Then again maybe he doesn't. The point was, just because we believe that New England is a better place to live, it doesn't mean that that's what he thinks too.

If you read another thread here, it looks like Cleveland is looking at Jerovicious now. It suggests that David is not a lock and may have decided to go to another city already. So this whole Boston's better than Cleveland may be moot and academic. Perhaps we should start another thread debating whether Boston, Houston, or Miami is the better city. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back