PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Givens Signs with Browns Already ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant say we were not surprised by this move... Good Luck David....

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Cant say we were not surprised by this move... Good Luck David....
I am given that they can't talk to him or his agent.

Go to hell, Givens, you can't even leave following the rules.

You think the teams have not been talking, Im sure alot of tampering has been done already, and alot of deals are done already... Givens wanted out, and by all acounts we were willing to live with out him...

BelichickFan said:
I am given that they can't talk to him or his agent.

Go to hell, Givens, you can't even leave following the rules.

Here we go again. Just like Ty Law. Thanks for helping us win 3 Super Bowls but nw that you actually want to get paid, go screw yourself. I'm sorry but that's a bunch of garbage. If the Pats don't want these guys to leave, tell them to start opening up the check book. Don't blame Givens. What's next? Vinatieri leaves and now we hate him too? That's crap.

I'm sure they'll wait till midnight to sign officially. I can't say that i'm surprised. I will add also that I'd rather see him with the Browns rather than the Dolphins

Last edited:
patriotsrule said:
Here we go again. Just like Ty Law. Thanks for helping us win 3 Super Bowls but nw that you actually want to get paid, go screw yourself. I'm sorry but that's a bunch of garbage. If the Pats don't want these guys to leave, tell them to start opening up the check book. Don't blame Givens. What's next? Vinatieri leaves and now we hate him too? That's crap.
I'll hate whoever I want to, thank you very much. And, yes, players who are so desperate to leave can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

smg93 said:
I'm sure they'll wait till midnight to sign officially.
They aren't allowed to have talked, not only signed.

Good move by the Patriots...no player putting a gun to their heads. With the exception of Seymour...I don't see them caving in.

I like to look at Givens in a manner different from him as a receiver. He's very one dimensional as a player and even as a receiver. doesn't fit the blueprint moving forward.

We got lucky in that he worked hard to get better...and helped us win a few rings. I wish him well...he deserves the money...we'll be fine.

Givens is an average #2 receiver and will not be that tough to replace. I don't see what the big deal is. I do appreciate his service to the team though. I think we can also live without AV at a large number, but am having many more difficulties with that possibility.

BelichickFan said:
They aren't allowed to have talked, not only signed.

I know that, but then again people aren't allowed to drive over the speed limit yet people do it all the time.

Wow, I hate all the 'screw yourself Givens' crap. We knew he'd be signing with someone else. I prefer him signing with the Browns rather than a rival or something like that. He has been a great reciever over the last three years so good luck to him. This is what happens in free agency guys, some of are good players are gonna leave, hopefully we can bring some good ones in.

smg93 said:
I know that, but then again people aren't allowed to drive over the speed limit yet people do it all the time.
And if they're caught they get speeding tickets :D

Now I need to work on my screen saver and wipe Givens off.

BelichickFan said:
And if they're caught they get speeding tickets :D

Or at least put his clothes back on. :bricks:

BelichickFan said:

LOL. as you did before with Drew, Lawyer, and Ty? ;)

smg93 said:
LOL. as you did before with Drew, Lawyer, and Ty? ;)
Every situation is different. Whether it happens all the time or not, agreeing to a contract before you (or your agent) is allowed to talk to other teams pisses me off.

Good luck to you, David.

You were my favorite draft pick in the 2002 draft.

Miguel said:
You were my favorite draft pick in the 2002 draft.
More than Branch ? Not me. I guess he was a better value but I love Branch. He's right there with Brady, Bruschi and Harrison to me.

Don't lose any sleep over it. It's just business. I wonder if BB/Pioli knew the numbers of the offer before he actually signed with the Browns (assuming this story is accurate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back