PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ghost and Welker get the Pro-Bowl Nod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations again to Gostkowski and Welker.

I was impressed that Gostkowski won the coach and player votes--I was honestly expecting them to take Rob Bironas on name recognition alone. If he keeps up the good work, this might be the first of many trips for Mr. Gostkowski.

As for the Incredible Welk, what more is there to say, really? Is there any team in the league, at this point, that could honestly say they wouldn't want him? And, BTW, consider this stat: at his current rate, Welker will be #1 all-time in receptions for the Patriots . . . in three more seasons.

Is there any team in the league, at this point, that could honestly say they wouldn't want him?

well...yes there is...as we both know...Mihammy Dullpin fans think they boondoggled the Patriots in the Welker deal and consider Satele a "huge steal!!!" while calling Welker "a nice little 3rd receiver".

Congrats, they both deserve it big time. Gostkowski is having a career year, and hard to believe it but Welker looks even BETTEr than last year. Welker really moves the chains on this team!

I'm happy that the Ghost and Wes are going to Hawaii. However I think that Mayo should be going. Oh well maybe he'lls get Def Rookie of the year.

I've hated the Pro Bowl since Edwards killed his knee.

Good job, Welker and Ghost, now please don't effin go.

Moss (with 10 TD receptions) trails only Boldin in the entire NFL and doesn't make the pro bowl? Garbage.

It's a numbers game. Moss in no way shape or form deserves to make it over Andre Johnson (who I'd vote for MVP this season), and if you have to take one Patriots receiver, it's Welker. I'd have selected Wayne and Marshall over Moss this year, too. Moss has dropped a number of key balls. I might pick him as the first alternate at that position amongst AFC receivers, however.

Favre and Cutler over Pennington is an absolute disgrace. The fact that Pennington failed to make the squad disgusts me. Rivers and Pennington both belong over both those guys, and probably over Manning as well.

Wilfork has been better than Jenkins this year, though it'd be a close call. I think Haloti Ngata and Casey Hampton deserved consideration over Jenkins as well.

Ray Lewis, ugh. D'Qwell Jackson leads the league in tackles but gets no love.

Derrick Brooks and Brian Dawkins don't really belong on a Pro Bowl roster (I'd put Karlos Dansby at OLB, and Quentin Mikell has been the better Eagles safety), but that's about all I see wrong with the NFC. I think I'd put Calvin Johnson on the team before Steve Smith, because the Lions offense is essentially "throw it to Calvin Johnson."

Favre making it over Pennington is a frigging disgrace.

Favre making it period is a disgrace. There's about five others, including Cassel, that should go over Favre. When they've won, Favre has been a solid field general, but behind a staunch running game.

I've tried to fight it, but I am now a Favre hater. Well less Favre and more the ridiculous butt kissings that everyone seems to think need to be handed out to him every second because he's "still just a kid at heart who loves football." If I hear that again, I'm going to puke.

Asante Samuel made it as a Reserve for the Eagles...even after the Big Bucks his play didn't tail off.

Re: Brett Favre makes Pro Bowl?? Blech.....

Troy Aikmen "Sporting News" had Favre the favorite for the MVP 2 weeks ago.

Believe it or not Skip Bayless (1st & 10) gave Favre credit for the Jets defensive touchdown that won the game.
He said that these are the things that happen when Brett Favre is on the team.
The Karma is gone in Green Bay because Favre is in New York.

Favre is also reported to have swayed the thiefs decision to return the
baby Jesus to the St Patricks Cathedral Nativity scene.

Is their any truth to the rumors that Favre and Varitek are related?
Thats why I never pay any attention to Skippy he's a straight up IDIOT who knows nothing about sports.

No they have seven: Favre, Thomas Jones, Mangold, Faneca, Jenkins, Revis and Leon Washington.

I am a Favre fan (unlike most Pats fans), but the Jets MVP is Leon Washington. His returns and long runs/receptions are a huge reason the Jets may make the playoffs.

I am a Favre fan (unlike most Pats fans), but the Jets MVP is Leon Washington. His returns and long runs/receptions are a huge reason the Jets may make the playoffs.

Yes but Jenkins needs props too. Their D would be TOTALLY toast were he not anchoring the line.

Then there's Gholston, a former Patsfans fave, who's at the opposite end of the spectrum for this year. He may just be a slow adapter from DE to OLB.

===================================================

Leon is a special player, the Jets just don't seem to know how to get him more involved.

Thomas Jones is the Jets MVP, he is playing on a whole new level as of late, he is just getting it done.

===================================================

Leon is a special player, the Jets just don't seem to know how to get him more involved.

That's OK. I'm sure New England will figure out how to use him in a year or two. :D

IF Randy Moss had caught some of those Cassel passes their wouldn't even be a doubt. But he has had a uncharacteristic number of drops this season compared to years past.
All I ever hear is passes moss didn't catch. How about the ones he was open? Or those don't count. Moss drops a few balls in two straight games all of a sudden he can't catch. Does welker drop passes? Who gets the more difficult throws between the two

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft